Author Topic: Kurupt DID NOT write his shit in the Death Row days  (Read 1072 times)

d-nice

Re: Kurupt DID NOT write his shit in the Death Row days
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »
It's not about whether or not he wrote his own rhymes back in 94 and still does in 06.  It's about the amount of time each of these fallen off rappers including Kurupt spends writing and constructing a good song.  Like I said in the "Cali is not active" thread, Kurupt probably thinks he can spend 5 mins or just simply freestyle his verses and say "my cataclysmic orgasmic reaction causes static from the fabric" and we, the target audience, will eat it up like it's the greatest lyrics of all time.  Obviously, we don't actually think that, of course.  But why spend multiple days perfecting a song with 3 verses when you can freestyle some gangster shit off the top and your fans theoretically will like it just the same.

See, back in the Deathrow days, these rappers spent a lot more time constructing and writing songs.  Thus, the lyrics were better.

I actually have my own theory as to why this has happened for all the OG Deathrow inmates (except Rage, and that's an important question to ask in light of everyone else falling off except arguably Nate Dogg; why hasn't Rage fallen off when everyone else has?).  I'll make a separate thread about this over the weekend, because I want to get your reaction to it specifically.  Thanks. :D

Man, that is what I have been saying about Rage for years now. She was the only highlight in Doggystyle All Stars and WTTC and she sounds as good if not better than before. She needs a album out. That mixtape she put out last year was bangin.

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »
everybody was better back in the day because they were hungry

rap music was not big like today and unless you ripped it up you couldn't hold a mic

they all had to establish themselves and introduce

nowadays it's different, "like every idiot that can spit be droppin a hit"

youngmessnucca

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 12:20:28 AM »
Kururpt was the most feared MC in the game for some time. Nobody wanted it with dude. He proabaly has lost his hunger to be that rapper ever sinse he re-signed to Death Row. Also, this might be funny to some of you, but years & years of hardciore drug abuse ( and we know it ain't just weed ) most likely fried his brain. Real talk and Im speaking from experience too.

WestCoasta

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 12:41:19 AM »
He proabaly has lost his hunger to be that rapper ever sinse he re-signed to Death Row. Also, this might be funny to some of you, but years & years of hardciore drug abuse ( and we know it ain't just weed ) most likely fried his brain. Real talk and Im speaking from experience too.
^ all these words here, I've thought the exact same thing before

youngmessnucca

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »
And another thing, I would never say he didn't write his own lyrics becuase with each album, we have seen him get progessivley worse. Never a complete change, but little by little, he seems to just be losing it. For the records, I always have been, and will always remian a Kurupt fan.

WestCoasta

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 12:56:17 AM »
like you said, he was fine up until he left DPG

I strongly disagree with anyone who says he wasn't good on "Dillinger & Young Gotti" in 2001

even though he wasn't in '95 form like most expected him to be throughout his career, his lyrics were fine and entertaining

that album I like every song, never skip a track

like the "I'ma Gangsta" solo, that's no lyricist Kurupt trying to blow your mind, he came with a lot of tight raps to fit the beat

one of my favorite tracks  8)

he's just fucked up now man, too much mileage on him

youngmessnucca

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 01:21:31 AM »

dude needs an oil change

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2006, 08:06:23 AM »

dude needs an oil change

Who's the chick in your AVI?  That Jamie Kennedy or whatever her name is?  Lol. :o
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2006, 08:14:30 AM »
yup

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 08:45:20 AM »

dude needs an oil change

Who's the chick in your AVI?  That Jamie Kennedy or whatever her name is?  Lol. :o

Jamie Presley

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »
^ you seem to be a straight up hater, so dont care for your opinion bro  8)

it's hating to think Yuk isn't one of the all time greats?

you're a fukkin fool mayne
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »
Kurupt has fallen off but i think its an over exaggeration to say he is now un listenable or terrible, he still shows flashes of the old kurupt.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2006, 11:55:35 AM »
^ you seem to be a straight up hater, so dont care for your opinion bro  8)

it's hating to think Yuk isn't one of the all time greats?

you're a fukkin fool mayne

shut the fuck up you fool.. obviously you cant read!! i said he was one of my favourites wasnt talking for anyone else.. so keep you smart ass comments to your self bitch.. + every thread i read from you is about hating on another artist.. if you could do better then do it dick!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
this a simple hater post.. ive got deathrow books that even has independant managers that worked with kurupt before the whole deathrow era that say kurupt wrote everything 101%.. dude ripped mic's apart period, homie  :)

Yup in his prime I think he was BY FAR the illest allive but wow nowadays what a different story.

You had to throw that in didnt you?
I dont know what people are talking about, the last few years he hasnt sounded quite like he did in 95...but in Kuruption and Streetz iz a mutha he sounded damn GREAT to me.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »
this a simple hater post.. ive got deathrow books that even has independant managers that worked with kurupt before the whole deathrow era that say kurupt wrote everything 101%.. dude ripped mic's apart period, homie  :)

Yup in his prime I think he was BY FAR the illest allive but wow nowadays what a different story.

yeh with success comes a lack of hunger.. kurupt lost it big time.. is a modern day tragedy

but Kurupt hasn't had success in 10 years!!

HOW STUPID ARE YOU????? STREETZ, SPACE BOGGIE, and KURUPTION WERE ALL GREAT AND SOLD WELL!!!!

The Best of 3 Worlds