Author Topic: Is Beenie Man the truth or what?  (Read 140 times)

40acres

• Lil Geezy
Is Beenie Man the truth or what?
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:34:35 AM »
This dude has been doing his thing since he was like 8 yrs. old.  He has mad roots in the dancehall scene.  I never knew the beef between he and Bounty Killah was that serious.  Beenie's album "Dispute" is going to be off the hook.  The joint with he and Akon called Girls is aight but you gotta listen to it to form your own opinion.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/virg001/beenie_man/video/singles/beenie_man_girls_hi.asx?siteid=thinktank

mauzip

Re: Is Beenie Man the truth or what?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:44:43 AM »
I really can't stand dancehall and neither do I like Beenie Man's music, but that single with Akon is alright :)

ABN

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:47:09 AM »
i don´t know if i´ve ever heard any of his music.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »
I really can't stand dancehall and neither do I like Beenie Man's music

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »
Beenie is a Dancehall legend and even though his albums from the past few years have been clearly marketed towards the mainstream I'm looking forward in hearing his latest, I like that Girls song matter of fact I bumped it twice at work today great summer vibe!  8)

But Dancehall hasn't been the same nowadays I prefer the early to mid 90's era...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 06:19:46 PM »
Beenie is a Dancehall legend and even though his albums from the past few years have been clearly marketed towards the mainstream I'm looking forward in hearing his latest, I like that Girls song matter of fact I bumped it twice at work today great summer vibe!  8)

But Dancehall hasn't been the same nowadays I prefer the early to mid 90's era...

he had that dope song last year or years ago with Mya Girls Dem Suga I'ma defo check this album out, never heard a song with Beenie Man I didnt like.

-KIDRENEGADE-

rik

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »
or what.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 06:42:07 PM »

he had that dope song last year or years ago with Mya Girls Dem Suga I'ma defo check this album out, never heard a song with Beenie Man I didnt like.

Girls Dem Suga was fuckin dope as hell.  That one he had with Janet Jackson was dope too.  Go figure they were both Neptunes productions...

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 09:51:19 PM »
Actually I have both of his last albums: Art & Life, and Back 2 Basics.  They were both pretty solid, I like Beenie's style, plus that Girls song is pretty legit

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:31:57 AM »
dope track tnx. its a shame how many great reggae n dancehall artists has gone commercial.specially Sizzla, fuck him.

Word to Everything

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »
lame track