Author Topic: *New Interview*: The Black Wall Street's Ya Boy speaks about Dr. Dre and Game  (Read 952 times)

suckaa free

Aftermath Music recently had the opportunity to speak with Ya Boy briefly to discuss Dr. Dre, The Game, Aftermath and BWS. We also discussed his projects and what you can expect in the future! This interview contains many different questions and answers.

INTERVIEW: July 12, 2005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INTRODUCING YA BOY

Aftermathmusic.com:
1st off, thank you for taking the time to give Aftermath Music this interview. Which mood are you in at the moment and what have you been up to recently?

Ya Boy:
Fasho, I`m in a focused mood right now. Lately I jus been in tha studio makin history. I`m grindin like no other at tha moment gettin the buzz worldwide.

Aftermathmusic.com:
So how are things going, man?

Ya Boy:
Matter fact as we speak I`m in tha Document Room, a 9 million studio in Malibu. Knockin out a classic.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Please introduce yourself to the fans. Tell us about your childhood and how and where did u grow up?

Ya Boy:
My name is Ya Boy. I grew up in tha Bay Area, in tha streets of San Francisco, where drugs an murder is everywhere. I manage to stay focused on my raps under the influence of my older cousin San Quinn, a Bay Area legend. Growin up I lost a lot of friends to tha gun. And jus helped me push forward to become who I'm today, tho.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Do you have any crazy stories you wanna talk about?

Ya Boy:
Not really.

Aftermathmusic.com:
How would you describe yourself?

Ya Boy:
I describe myself as a star.

Aftermathmusic.com:
When did you start rapping?

Ya Boy:
3 years ago. I seriously started rapping, I was 18.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Who were your biggest influences that helped you pursue Hip Hop music?

Ya Boy:
Tupac, The Cash Money Niggaz, San Quinn, Jadakiss. An jus any rapper that made that hood shit look an sound good.

Aftermathmusic.com:
If you take a look at all of your qualities, what do you think it is that makes you successful, in terms of your style, ambitions or personality?

Ya Boy:
I think, It's tha fact that I try to be different than everyone else. If I see 10 Niggaz doin 1 thing I'm a purposly stand out by doin somethin else. Plus I'm a quik learner. I catch on shit very fast.

Aftermathmusic.com:
The West Coast is hungry right now. What new aspect do you feel you can bring to the rap game?

Ya Boy:
I'm tellin u ima bring straight fire. I will make tha Westcoast stand up. If you haven't heard of Ya Boy - Ask somebody. I'm a beast.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What has been your best career decision and why?

Ya Boy:
My best career decision was to jus stay on my grind and keep developin my skills. U go through a lof of shit in this rap game that might make u quit sometimes. But u gotta stick through it, cuz it get's greater later.

THE GAME & BWS

Aftermathmusic.com:
The Game is one of Hip Hops hottest new stars, and has released one of last years best albums: "The Documentary". How do you feel about The Games recent role in putting the West back on the map?

Ya Boy:
I feel The Game is one of the greatest lyricist in Hip Hop, not to mention he's like a big brother to me. He did a good job puttin tha West back on the map.

Aftermathmusic.com:
How did you hook up with him?

Ya Boy:
Through my uncle Phat Rat. Me and Phat Rat have also started my own label PRECISE MUSIC. Also check out www.yaboymusic.com and www.myspace.com/yaboy

Aftermathmusic.com:
What type of feedback did you get from people about your work with The Game & BWS?

Ya Boy:
I mean, u get tha haters as u do wit everything u do in this world. And then u get tha real mu'fuckaz love it and who jus care about ur work and how talented u are. So I was congratulated an hated on, not too many haters tho.

Aftermathmusic.com:
The fans wanted that you speak on PhatRat.

Ya Boy:
I mean, tha nigga is nuts. He's one of the smartest niggas in music to me.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What can you tell us about Game's second LP? Will it still be on Aftermath?

Ya Boy:
All Ima say about his second album is: ITS A 12 OUT OF 10!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Has The Black Wall Street gotten a distribution deal, if so from whom?

Ya Boy:
I don't want to speak ony any details until they're 100 percent.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Any other news on The Black Wall Street?

Ya Boy:
New Mixtape with DJ Skee is comin end of July. It's Banannaz.

DR. DRE & AFTERMATH

Aftermathmusic.com:
I heard Aftermath is interested in you? What can you say about it?

Ya Boy:
I can say that I`m in development right now to make myself the best rapper in tha game right now. Aftermath is definetely my 1st choice of a home.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Dre said: "Ya Boy marks the beginning of the next episode of Westcoast fury." What do you think about this comment?

Ya Boy:
I mean, comin' from Dre that's like Mike Jordan talkin about Lebron James. The Doc is a legend.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you worked with Dre. When can we expect some tracks?

Ya Boy:
I haven't worked wit Dre yet. That "yet" hopefully will be one day soon. Jus me bein in the presence of the Math camp is like me workin on my jumpshot wit tha bulls of the 90's. It's all a learning experience.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Aftermath is the powerhouse of the industry. How do you feel being affiliated with them?

Ya Boy:
I feel like when it's my time to shine. It's goin to get ugly.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you worked with any other artists in the Shady/Aftermath family?

Ya Boy:
I'm goin to work with Bishop Lamont. That's my dawg. That dude is a beast, too.

Aftermathmusic.com:
That's hot Boy. Now working with this standard of producer can only push you to higher creativity standards. There is no failing under the Aftermath umbrella. Do you believe you have advanced a great deal since working with The Game?

Ya Boy:
Yes, I feel like 100 times better than I was at this time last year. And I´m the only gettin greater each day.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What's a studio session with Ya Boy like?

Ya Boy:
It's like watching crack beeing cooked. It means u will see how a hit is made.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What projects are you currently working on?

Ya Boy:
I`m finishing my mixtape and I´m finishing my album. I´m about 60 songs deep wit tha album. It's gon be crazy. No release date on them, tho.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Can u tell us more on the mixtape and the album?

Ya Boy:
ALbum: I got beats by JR, TheyAd, DJ Lethal and some hot up an comin producers like D1 an JT Meskiel. JT owns Document Room Records and Studios.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What should people expect from you lyrically on the album and the mixtape?

Ya Boy:
What they always expect, nuthin but that fire!

Aftermathmusic.com:
And what would be in your estimations dream features and production on an album?

Ya Boy:
Of course a few Dre's and Scott Storch's.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What kind of message do you hope to deliver through your music in the future?

Ya Boy:
Thats all about the music. U gotta make shit people can feel and relate to. I jus wanna let people know that I'm one of the realist niggaz to walk tha planet.

Aftermathmusic.com:
If you could make a dream collaboration with yourself and 3 other artists, who would they be and why?

Ya Boy:
I really can't answer that right now. I like collabin with myself.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you ever worried about what the fans will say about you when you make a song?

Ya Boy:
Never worried. My attitude is, if somebody don't like me doin me, then fuck 'em.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's take it back to the beginning. Let's talk about what has been some of the high points and low-points in your career so far?

Ya Boy:
Low points have jus been bein frustrated wit tha business. U knowm in tha beginning tha struggle to get ur name out, money not comin in and shit like that. High points would be now. My name is buzzin like a South African Bee Hive.

THE HIP HOP GAME

Aftermathmusic.com:
What are your thoughts on the current state of hip hop?

Ya Boy:
Hip Hop needs Ya Boy. That's all I got to say.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's talk about one of the greates MC'S of all time - Tupac. What do you think about his career and his life?

Ya Boy:
I think Pac was the truth. I love Pac. He's my influence!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What do you think every good album needs?

Ya Boy:
Good productions and topics everyone can relate to.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What do you think about this line: "Alot of shit is Just the same thing over and over......Same lines, Same hooks......There's no Substance".

Ya Boy:
I feel in some cases is true. In Hip Hop nowadays u gotta reach deeper jus so u can stick out. U gotta do shit different than everyone else is doin.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is your top 3 list of best lyricists out right now?

Ya Boy:
Eminem, The Game & Lil Wayne

Aftermathmusic.com:
I just asked lots of artists this question: The Hip Hop game is kinda built on hype. If you got that hype around you, you don't have to be the best rapper or singer. Do you agree?

Ya Boy:
Sometime, because sometime people put alotta hype in wack niggas. Sometime u can't believe tha hype, but u should always checkt it for yourself.

Aftermathmusic.com:
And what do you think about Aftermathmusic.com?

Ya Boy:
Definetely a real site.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What do you want to say to everybody reading this interview?

Ya Boy:
That I`m definetely the future of the Rap Game. See for yourself, ask the niggas around u and check out YaBoyMusic.com.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 07:02:40 PM by suckaa free »

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: *New Interview*: The Black Wall Street's Ya Boy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:57:19 PM »
Propz! Dope read, Ya Boy is the future!

rik

Props nice read. I can't wait to hear some new shit form Ya Boy.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Props

The Maestro

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

weaksauce19

• Lil Geezy
I feel The Game is one of the greatest lyricist in Hip Hop

Wow. Game the greatest 'lyricist'? ROFL

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

westkoastanostra

ya boy IS the future! west coast stand up!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Aftermathmusic.com:
What can you tell us about Game's second LP? Will it still be on Aftermath?

Ya Boy:
All Ima say about his second album is: ITS A 12 OUT OF 10!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Has The Black Wall Street gotten a distribution deal, if so from whom?

Ya Boy:
I don't want to speak ony any details until they're 100 percent.

Nobody from BWS camp is saying shit when it comes to anwsering these questions.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Thanks for the interview. Not really in-depth, but still nice...

*bumps 100 Bars Of Crack 8)

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
YA BOY IS THE TRUTH, HOSTEST SONG 100 BARS OF CRACK. PILLOW TALKIN'

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this guy talks shit worse than game

"YEAH MATE, I LIKE ANYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT THE HOOD AND SOUNDS GOOD, YEAH"

nice one

"THE" MoSav

I fiend for YABOY lyircs 8) like a crackhead fiends for his FIX!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Diabolical

I never knew he was San Quinn's cousin.

That JR dude's beats are seriously wack.