Author Topic: Corrections to The Vault Index  (Read 1137 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Corrections to The Vault Index
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:52:11 AM »
I'm gunna say this again, artists beginning with "the" should NOT be listed under T...That is extremely unprofessional, and it makes it a lot more difficult...

N:
"Notorious B.I.G, The"

G:
"Game, The"

Get it? That's the real way to list it, the way they list it in record stores etc. Can it be that difficult to fix or are you simply that stubborn?

mauzip

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »
I'm gunna say this again, artists beginning with "the" should NOT be listed under T...That is extremely unprofessional, and it makes it a lot more difficult...

N:
"Notorious B.I.G, The"

G:
"Game, The"

Get it? That's the real way to list it, the way they list it in record stores etc. Can it be that difficult to fix or are you simply that stubborn?

:loopaper:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 10:52:45 AM »

N:
"Notorious B.I.G, The"

G:
"Game, The"

:loopaper:

Stick your dick in that shit, bitch...

LMAO@having Tha Dogg Pound listed under D and The Game listed under T...I feel like a scientist put this together. ::)

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »
i think you're right, but your endless whining just makes me :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:36:52 AM »

You just admitted I was right...How does making good suggestions = whining? Off the nuts, please... :-*

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »

You just admitted I was right...How does making good suggestions = whining? Off the nuts, please... :-*

it doesn't. what makes it whining is that you cry about it for such a long time now :banana_cow:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 12:02:43 PM »

it doesn't. what makes it whining is that you cry about it for such a long time now :banana_cow:

Not really...I posted it once and it got deleted...Now I was looking over the vault and I found it funny that it hasn't been changed...So I simply suggested it again...If you agree with me, I'm obviously not whining (unless you have a flawed definition), because I'm making a good point, and it's been ignored...Why can't Jome just fix it?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 10:32:47 PM »
DJ Quik's videography needs to be added to the index (espically since the search button is disabled).
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=87874.0

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:03:40 AM »
I can't find the Petey Pablo cv anymore.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »
^^^that's a good thing

Subliminiminal

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
What does C.V. stands for??

Jome

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »
^^ Curriculum vitae (often abbreviated CV)

In American English usage, a CV is a longer document than a résumé, and will include a comprehensive listing of professional history including every term of employment, academic credential, publication, contribution or significant achievement. In certain professions, it may even include samples of the person's work and may run to many pages. In contrast, a résumé is a summary typically limited to one or two pages highlighting only those experiences and credentials which the author considers most relevant to the desired position. CVs are the preferred recruiting tool for academic and medical professions while résumés are generally preferred for business employment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.v.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »

In American English usage, a CV is a longer document than a résumé, and will include a comprehensive listing of professional history including every term of employment, academic credential, publication, contribution or significant achievement. In certain professions, it may even include samples of the person's work and may run to many pages. In contrast, a résumé is a summary typically limited to one or two pages highlighting only those experiences and credentials which the author considers most relevant to the desired position. CVs are the preferred recruiting tool for academic and medical professions while résumés are generally preferred for business employment.

Why do you keep ignoring me in this thread? Do you realize that you're being an idiot...Change the damn thing already, it looks like a 12 year old made it.

The Game?
The Roots?

Tha Dogg Pound?
The Notorious B.I.G?

Make sense. At least if you don't wanna do it the professional way, choose one or the other... ::)

Subliminiminal

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »

^^^ And that's what they mean in this page with the producers and artists C.V.'s??

Jome

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »

^^^ And that's what they mean in this page with the producers and artists C.V.'s??

Yeah, could use "resume" as well, but C.V. is shorter and sounds dope.  ;D

Why do you keep ignoring me in this thread? Do you realize that you're being an idiot...Change the damn thing already, it looks like a 12 year old made it.

The Game?
The Roots?

Tha Dogg Pound?
The Notorious B.I.G?

Make sense. At least if you don't wanna do it the professional way, choose one or the other... ::)

* Work - It's not done in 2 minutes, it's way easier to do when The Vault is updated (Credits being added), as I have to change the .html page on Dubcnn in FrontPage in the same go, and I have to do it manually, since copying/pasting would fuck up the code on the Dubcnn page.
Last update was May 26th, before you started your tirade of posts. It's been slow months for albums, and I've been busy, when not busy; lazy.

* I don't fully agree with the reasoning either.. nobody says the "The" before "Notorious B.I.G.", but the "The" in "The Game" is a vital part, and so is the "The" in "The Roots", nobody says just "Roots", they say "The Roots", and "The Game", as well as "The Team", since saying just "Game" or "Team" is basically any game or team..
And what about "A Tribe Called Quest", should they be listed as "Tribe Called Quest, A" ?? And "A Prosperous Half" as "Prosperous Half, A" ??

After all, all Internet browsers got a "Search in site" function, CTRL+F, I doubt people are banging their heads into the screen because they can't find "The Game" under G.

And btw, no posts in this thread gets deleted, just split from the index, to make the index shorter than its already roughly 3000-3500 lines.