Author Topic: Who else loved Guns N' Roses?  (Read 260 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Who else loved Guns N' Roses?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
I wont be able to get into thier new music at all, without Slash it just cant be the same.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »
i love(d) that band , i'm waiting to hear what the new material will sound like , that is , if it ever gets released. i'm also looking forward to the new velvet revolver album.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Diabolical

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 05:13:54 PM »
The first album is good but the others are too full of watered down crap.

Props to BombFirst for that King Crimson avatar, thats a great album.

eNgIeS

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 11:12:32 PM »
Anyone here checked out any of GNR's new material?  Live new songs from their 2000-2002 tours and now 2006 tours have leaked onto the internet.  Studio demos have also leaked. 

New songs - Live only: Chinese Democracy, Rhiad & The Bedouins, The Blues, Madagascar (best one IMO), and Silkworms
New songs - Studio demos: Better, T.W.A.T. (There Was A Time), I.R.S., Catcher In The Rye (with Brian May from Queen)

With the exception of Silkworms and Catcher In The Rye, these are supposed to be on the long awaited Chinese Democracy album (Fall 06 release date).  Also, these are all over the internet, and easily accessable for those interested.

Yes i got those songs have had most of em since the moments they leaked (some in 2001 in 2002 & of course this years ones)

The new GNR isnt really Guns N Roses, i like it, i just wish it was called the Axl Rose band instead of pretending to be the same band that made AFD & UYI albums

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 03:35:07 AM »
Yeah, I can see why people don't want to consider the latest incarnation of GNR the "real" GNR.  But, GNR has always had a kind of revolving door of characters since the early 80's.  Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner were replaced by Slash and Steven Adler.  Adler was fired and replaced by Matt Sorum.  Izzy Stradlin then left the band and was replaced by Gilby Clarke.  Clarke was then fired, etc, etc.  Yes its true that with Slash & Co, GNR accomplished everything and made the name famous, but that doesn't mean that the new Guns can't make good music.  Will it be the same? No, but I dont want to hear the same stuff rehashed and thrown onto a CD.  This rarely works for any artist of any kind of music.  I like the direction of the new band, because it is a new kind of music, with some of the same elements of the old band.  Dont get me wrong, I love the old band, I just appreciate the new one also.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 03:53:20 AM »
gnr is one of my fav bands and appetite/the 2 illusion albums are dope as hell
i grew up with those albums, my bro used to listen to them all the time
i think velvet revolver is more gnr than the new gnr

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:53 AM »
i love gnr as much as the next person does but axl rose has been a prick for like ten years now.... the only reason why i still got respect for him is because he supposedly smacked the shit out of that motley crue guy once

eNgIeS

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 07:33:42 AM »
Yeah, I can see why people don't want to consider the latest incarnation of GNR the "real" GNR.  But, GNR has always had a kind of revolving door of characters since the early 80's.  Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner were replaced by Slash and Steven Adler.  Adler was fired and replaced by Matt Sorum.  Izzy Stradlin then left the band and was replaced by Gilby Clarke.  Clarke was then fired, etc, etc.  Yes its true that with Slash & Co, GNR accomplished everything and made the name famous, but that doesn't mean that the new Guns can't make good music.  Will it be the same? No, but I dont want to hear the same stuff rehashed and thrown onto a CD.  This rarely works for any artist of any kind of music.  I like the direction of the new band, because it is a new kind of music, with some of the same elements of the old band.  Dont get me wrong, I love the old band, I just appreciate the new one also.

I agree in some ways

I know the bands been a revolving door, but we all know Axl Slash Izzy & Duff were the main contributors, & with only 1 of em left (thou who knows Izzys been doin some of the concerts so he may come back who knows) it shouldnt be called GNR.

Velvet Revolver is more GNR-ish than this GNR, thou i do like this GNR

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 11:18:24 AM »

I agree in some ways

I know the bands been a revolving door, but we all know Axl Slash Izzy & Duff were the main contributors, & with only 1 of em left (thou who knows Izzys been doin some of the concerts so he may come back who knows) it shouldnt be called GNR.

Yup, VR is more Appetite-ish era GNR than new GNR.  Just simple hard rock, with less ballads and experimental music.  But I do like how Axl has evolved the band, not to stay up with any fad, but to try new musical ventures.  I would love Contraband if the original GNR had never existed, but I cant not compare the two (which is a decent album at worst).  Weiland's lyrics just dont really move me like Axl's.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chazzz

• Lil Geezy
  • Actions speak louder than words
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
back in the day they were the shit...I still listen to appetite for destruction and use your illusion 1 and 2...one of my fav rock groups
I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 07:44:37 PM »
I love the old GNR but don't really like the new look GNR playing old GNR songs.  If they would just stick to any new material they make together I wouldn't be so bothered about it.  I haven't heard any Velvet Revolver but after reading all your comments about them I might go get some of their albums.

eNgIeS

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 01:58:50 AM »

I agree in some ways

Yup, VR is more Appetite-ish era GNR than new GNR.  Just simple hard rock, with less ballads and experimental music.  But I do like how Axl has evolved the band, not to stay up with any fad, but to try new musical ventures.  I would love Contraband if the original GNR had never existed, but I cant not compare the two (which is a decent album at worst).  Weiland's lyrics just dont really move me like Axl's.

Gotta admit compared to Axl Scotts lyrics pale in comparison but then again so do many other lead singers. its hard to fill Axl's shoes, but Scotts good in his own right Stone Temple Pilots IMO are one of the most underrated bands to ever hit the stage.

But still Slither Superhuman Set Me Free Fall To Pieces You Got No Right & Loving The Alien are great songs