Author Topic: The Best Baseball player of all time?  (Read 495 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: The Best Baseball player of all time?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30:30 AM »
let me say it ONE MORE TIME

BARRY BONDS USED STEROIDS!  THEN HE LIED ABOUT IT!

THEN HE CRIED ABOUT IT!  NOW HE HIDES FROM IT!

he hides? Define hiding from it? Whats he supposed be in the courtroom everyday? hes a baseball player im guessing he gotta be with his team you jackass.

The Best of 3 Worlds

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »
That was one year where he put up big #'s. He didn't do much before or after 2001. That's the same shit Beltre did. Lots of players have had one big year. This is baseball, not basketball, football or any other team oriented in which a player CAN make his teamattes better.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 12:36:07 AM »
That was one year where he put up big #'s. He didn't do much before or after 2001. That's the same shit Beltre did. Lots of players have had one big year. This is baseball, not basketball, football or any other team oriented in which a player CAN make his teamattes better.

I agree its not football or basketball but Bonds made the people around him better or affected them better then anyone else in baseball. All im saying is all the times he got walked and how sacred people were to face him changed the game...Perfect example in 98 Buck Showalter walked Bonds with Bases loaded in the bot of the 9th down by 2 runs cuz he didnt want to face Bonds. So he gave up a run just to avoid Barry and this was well before the roids came up, he was always feared and always had a huge impact on everything around him

The Best of 3 Worlds

WestCoasta

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2006, 12:39:31 AM »

he hides? Define hiding from it? Whats he supposed be in the courtroom everyday? hes a baseball player im guessing he gotta be with his team you jackass.
woa woa, no need for name calling, I think you're an alright guy buddy, relax

he hides from it cuz he doesn't talk about it.... someone who didn't fuckin use steroids would be on a crazy spree

I'd be fuckin goin crazy if someone lied about that shit, I'd be lookin everyone in the eye yellin at 'em about how I didn't use 'em

someone up against that large of a life tainting situation wouldnt take it in stride and avoid it, let's be honest

you'd be hitting people with lawsuits left and right, you and I both know we know when someone is telling the truth

just stop putting on a front and admit the guy took the god damn shit

I understand your a fan, but swallow your pride for once and be a real person about it, it's plain as day what a jerk this guy is

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 12:40:42 AM »
Barry Bonds Total WARP in the 1990s- 113.1
Ken Griffey Jr Total WARP in the 1990s- 80.4

WARP is Wins Above Replacement Player

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 12:42:09 AM »

!

he hides from it cuz he doesn't talk about it.... someone who didn't fuckin use steroids would be on a crazy spree

I'd be fuckin goin crazy if someone lied about that shit, I'd be lookin everyone in the eye yellin at 'em about how I didn't use 'em

someone up against that large of a life tainting situation wouldnt take it in stride and avoid it, let's be honest

you'd be hitting people with lawsuits left and right, you and I both know we know when someone is telling the truth

I understand your a fan, but swallow your pride for once and be a real person about it, it's plain as day what a jerk this guy is

I can admit that he used them cuz he probably did. Just like OJ probably Killed his wife, But he innocent right? Point Being Until you get  POSITIVE TEST leave the dude alone. its a witch hunt and its getting out of hand NOW you swallow your pride and admit that! yeah he probably took them but he still GREAT

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 12:43:49 AM »

HUH?

The Best of 3 Worlds

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »
He WAS great, now he's a disgrace

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2006, 12:46:26 AM »

HUH?

I'm showing why Bonds was better than Griffey in the 90s

WestCoasta

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2006, 12:50:25 AM »

!

I can admit that he used them cuz he probably did. Just like OJ probably Killed his wife, But he innocent right? Point Being Until you get  POSITIVE TEST leave the dude alone. its a witch hunt and its getting out of hand NOW you swallow your pride and admit that! yeah he probably took them but he still GREAT
oh but that's where you're wrong, I've always said Bonds is a great player, I never denied it

my whole argument is that he used steroids so that diminishes his legend, that's all

he cheated, so therefore how can you look at the legend in the same way?

you get what I'm saying?

I never said he sucked or anything.... he's one of the greatest players ever

but the fact he fucked up and people caught him for it, it just shows what a coward and cheater he is

therefore, why should I respect him and praise his stats?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2006, 01:43:45 AM »

!

oh but that's where you're wrong, I've always said Bonds is a great player, I never denied it

my whole argument is that he used steroids so that diminishes his legend, that's all

he cheated, so therefore how can you look at the legend in the same way?

you get what I'm saying?

I never said he sucked or anything.... he's one of the greatest players ever

but the fact he fucked up and people caught him for it, it just shows what a coward and cheater he is

therefore, why should I respect him and praise his stats?

No i was saying suck up your pride and admit this whole Bonds steriod thing is a WITCH HUNT! Dont praise Bonds i dont care, But IMO he is better then Griffey and thats where this whole argument started! And why Should I praise a guy that cant make it threw a full Season?

The Best of 3 Worlds