Author Topic: Raptors sign Spanish Cup Finals MVP, Jorge Garbajosa  (Read 326 times)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Raptors sign Spanish Cup Finals MVP, Jorge Garbajosa
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
Los Raptors: Toronto signs Spanish Cup Finals MVPSportsTicker

TORONTO -- Bryan Colangelo is continuing to give the Toronto Raptors a European imprint.

The Raptors on Monday signed forward Jorge Garbajosa, the MVP of the last two Spanish Cup Finals, to a multiyear contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Since Colangelo has taken over the Raptors as president and general manager, he has traded for Slovenian center Rasho Nesterovic, hired Maurizio Gherardini as his assistant and selected Italian center Andrea Bargnani with the top overall pick in the NBA draft.

Colangelo signed two-time Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker, who is an American.

The 6-9, 245-pound Garbajosa spent the past two seasons with Unicaja Malaga, helping the team win the 2005-06 ACB League championship and the Spanish National Cup. This past season, he averaged 14.9 points and 6.9 rebounds.

"Jorge Garbajosa has contributed toward winning at every stop in his professional career," Colangelo said. "We anticipate he will bring experience, leadership and toughness to this basketball team."

A two-time Olympian for Spain, Garbajosa played for Italian power Benetton Treviso from 2000-04 under Gherardini and Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Raptors sign Spanish Cup Finals MVP, Jorge Garbajosa
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:14:54 PM »
Looks like he's doing some major scouting overseas...

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:09:25 PM »
He's a good player.. Toronto is gonna make some noise in the future imo

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »
The Raptors and Brian Colangelo are on fire right now!

Cant wait for the season to start.....The Raps are gonna be the suprise team of the east this year.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 04:30:06 PM »
Brian Collangelo is the best thing to ever happen to the Raps

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »
Brian Collangelo is the best thing to ever happen to the Raps
for sure

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »

Cant wait for the season to start.....The Raps are gonna be the suprise team of the east this year.

Yea I like the Raps and they are improved but next year the  Bulls, Pistons, Pacers, Heat, Wizards, Cavs, Bucks, and the Nets will have better records for sure.  The best the Raps can do next year is the 9th seed in the east and thats a stretch cause of the Celtics and Sixers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:47:17 PM by Spicemuthafuckin1 »

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 05:04:28 PM »

Yea I like the Raps and they are improved but next year the  Bulls, Pistons, Pacers, Heat, Wizards, Cavs, Bucks, and the Nets will have better records for sure.  The best the Raps can do next year is the 9th seed in the east and thats a stretch cause of the Celtics and Sixers.
lol, we'll see about that.....I think the heat, pistons and bulls are out of reach.....other than that, I see the raps with a legit shot at the 4th-8th seed....

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »

lol, we'll see about that.....I think the heat, pistons and bulls are out of reach.....other than that, I see the raps with a legit shot at the 4th-8th seed....

I think the Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Bulls, and Pacers are completely out of reach but we will see, if Toronto plays at the TOP of their potential for the whole year they have a shot at the 6th seed imo.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 05:19:21 PM »

I think the Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Bulls, and Pacers are completely out of reach but we will see, if Toronto plays at the TOP of their potential for the whole year they have a shot at the 6th seed imo.
Tha Cavs havnt really done shit this offseason besides sign LeBron......I dont think the Pacers are gona be crazy, good yes, but not top tier...New Jersey is hit or miss, depending on Carter, Kidd and RJ being healthy...So yea, I see Toronto anywhere from 4-8 next season...At this point, I woulndt say its out of reach at all.  They are gonna have the biggest and most agile frontcourt in the league, and a solid backcourt now in TJ Ford, Parker, Mo Pete and now Fred Jones...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »

Tha Cavs havnt really done shit this offseason besides sign LeBron......I dont think the Pacers are gona be crazy, good yes, but not top tier...New Jersey is hit or miss, depending on Carter, Kidd and RJ being healthy...So yea, I see Toronto anywhere from 4-8 next season...At this point, I woulndt say its out of reach at all.  They are gonna have the biggest and most agile frontcourt in the league, and a solid backcourt now in TJ Ford, Parker, Mo Pete and now Fred Jones...

Yeah your right they have a real bright future.  I think the Pacers will be better for sure if we are healthy but thats a big if.  You are right New Jersey is hit or miss and the Cavs havnt really done anything to improve.  If ford is healthy all year then you guys will have a good season