Author Topic: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1  (Read 1801 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »
Part 2 is coming this weekend....
^Nice, can't wait... 8)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »
Good read Nima...

Snoop is getting at niggaz right now and I can respect that..I wasn't feelin alot of comments he made though and some I think may have overstepped some boundries and crossed some lines, like only him and Dre can "stamp" approval & "Niggas in the Bay can't stamp you" & "Then they realised that once they leave me, they ain't shit"...He basically tellin GROWN MEN that they have to follow his lead or else they are gonna be "blacc balled" or they not gonna be succesful at all without him having or Dre having something to do with it....It's plenty niggaz out West that follow their own paths and are succesful on a smaller scale...Everybody don't want the fame and spotlight, and alot of niggaz can't handle or deal with fame...anyway, I see he takin a couple low-key shots at Dre too, but still kinda want to show him a little respect...The "It's like if you dealing with God" comment about Dre, is the mindset of too many people..It helps, but you don't need Dre or Snoop to validate or be succesful on the West...

The new record sounds promising though....Pretty much it's all talk, until something officially happens..I hope all that shit he talking about in the article comes to light and really happens...all that shit sound good on paper, but I'll believe it when I c it...It's cool to see one dude try to take lead, but I don't think he realizes that everybody doesn't have to follow like some puppet.

EXacly how i feel

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 05:08:21 PM »
Good read, and I think the next part is going to be even better. Props to Nima!
Snoop Dogg is definatly King of the West.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »
Man great read.. props Dubcnn.. but man.. that was such a tease.. I can't wait to read the rest

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »
^^^ it's not about who has better skills man

it's about he's taking the time to chop this up, telling the truth about people, and not holding back on shit

he's willing to fuck with everyone and give 'em chances

don't try to make this about who's a better rapper than who, cuz that's not gettin anyone anywhere

Yea and I think its cool also for him to do this big interview with dubcnn, but I think all of this "bring back the west" stuff is BS.  Snoopy is only doing this too advance himself.  Fact is he will continue to work WAYY more with a artist like Pharrell, then he ever will with a Yuk, or Spice, or Celly.  Know what I'm saying?

I think its true, but i agree with you that he is doing it for himself, but who in the rap game isnt in it for themselves? I mean Snoop Spitting verses on Eastwoods Cd to help him he doesnt have to do that.....Hes the reason Daz and Kurupt got back together. so he has done plenty of positive things for the west coast. Im sure if a Spice or Celly reached out to Snoop he would help them. And he doesnt fuck with Yuk cuz yuk is negative adn always dissing people and he dont wanna fuck with negative people and i love Yuk like you do Spice but you gotta admit that hes negative most of the time, and always beefing with people. Great Read! Cant wait to read the rest!

The Best of 3 Worlds

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »
Man Snoop is starting to be my favorite rapper again he finally steppin up to the plate on this whole WestCoast movement he took the baton and he runnin with the shit and as sad as it may sound it takes a legend like him thats still on top to open some of these industry muthafuckas eyes that the WestCoast got a lot of talent and all they do is close the doors on us but fuck that snoop helpin kick them fuckin doors down.....

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
so why are you advertising this interview and not the bone crusher one?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
Huh? There was a thread for the Bone Crusher interview in the Outbound Connectiions, Inspire conducted it and he put it up...

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2006, 07:58:50 PM »
i saw a question thread but i never saw him tell us it was up. maybe i was doing real things that day.

acgrundy

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2006, 08:18:05 PM »
Props Nima, dope interview!  That was sum real talk by snoop

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »
dope interview
but yeah i agree ..looks like he was taking shots at dre and the kokane answer was very arrogant.....you can say that you are the best etc..but when you say that other people aint shit without you its very disrespectful...looks like he is trying to force people to be cool with him..to give him more power
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:57:20 PM by Inmate »

no1wammy

(Oh, Boy!)
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »
Dubcnn: That "Vato" track got some good feedback as well...

Snoop Dogg: We got B-Real on it now, so it sounds REALLY good now!

Dubcnn: He's doing the chorus?

Snoop Dogg: Oh my god! Then I did a remix where I had Diamonique on there, and I got a couple of other Ese rappers that's on there, so we can put that Black & Brown together out here. I keep telling niggas, when you trying to put the West Coast together, it ain't just Bloods & Crips. You gotta get the Mexicans too. If you don't have them it's not gonna be right. We always been fuckin' with them from day one, so you know what it is. And I just put together two more groups!

You guys just love to ignore the brownside, do you?

On the whole, this interview is gonna blow ya ass away. You thought Snoop was gonna bring the west coast back? You're not done yet. You have to wait for the next interview where he talks about the black and the brown, the beef between him and Tray Dee, the Detox album and other interesting topics that were not mentioned on the first post of DubCNN. I know - I have powers.

"There ain't no future in the front" - MC Eiht

Just for kicks: when Death Row was on top, the whole west coast was with 'em. That's why you saw Snoop with every single west coast cat you can think of. Same for 2Pac when he got on plain and jumped shift to Suge's company. Even Eazy-E had his triumphant run when he introduced Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. He was planning to market Brownside and Slow Pain, but those moves got put to a hault when he died of AIDS. I think this is what's happening (hope ya reading this, Dogg):

Snoop Dogg is finally picking up the pieces that Eazy-E left behind.

Westcoastfanatic: who's that girl in the avatar?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 09:28:26 PM by no1wammy »

destine-2-shine

• 'G'
  • the realest niigga in here
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2006, 09:31:01 PM »
Lets be honest about Kokane for a minute. ALOT of people didnt even know this niigga before the Last Meal. They didnt know about Above the Law and the shiit prior to snoopy. In my eyes this nigga snoopy put him on the mainstream. Snoop didnt have to put him on 8 or so tracks on the Last meal. That was love that was shown. I dont know what was goin on behind closed doors but you dont bite the hand that feed you. Snoop didnt have to ante up and spend money on that DoggHouse Allstars record. He aint have to give Bad Azz that Wrong Idea single. Snoop has done an INCREDIBLE job of attempting to lead the west coast in the right direction. I applaud the nigga for that. If it wasnt for him we would hear no Lady of Rage verses, we wouldnt have had a 2nd DPG album in a years time. The Eastsidaz would have never been. Granted there success was limited but i still appreciate the effort. Snoop dont get enough credit for the shiit he has done for the Westcoast. Snoop is still fuckin with these niiggaz that Dre probably wouldnt even speak to. Snoops work gets overlooked because it is not always backed by success. However i enjoy the music my nigga releases. So bigg ups to snoopy.
fucc u and yo mothafuccin momma. and i still be the realest mothafucca in here.

Trauma-san

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »
Good shit Nima, you done did it again. And props to Snoop for reaching out to us. Dubcnn or nothing baby.

And to the people that said he's taking shots at Dre, I wouldn't call that taking shots if you read the rest of the interview. He's showing nothing but love to Dre. He's just speaking his mind.

Yeah, exactly.  "Taking Shots" and "The Truth" are two different things.  He's just speaking the truth.  That's not an insult, lying about it would be an insult. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
dope interview
but yeah i agree ..looks like he was taking shots at dre and the kokane answer was very arrogant.....you can say that you are the best etc..but when you say that other people aint shit without you its very disrespectful...looks like he is trying to force people to be cool with him..to give him more power

Are you familiar with the ho shit that Kokane pulled the last few years?  He's lucky Snoop will even mention his name anymore.