Author Topic: Vladimir Radmanovic- The perfect triangle player.  (Read 830 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Vladimir Radmanovic- The perfect triangle player.
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:23:49 PM »
This dude is a pure shooter, he is just what the Lakers needed to complete the triangle offense...Now when Kobe drives it into the lane, only to have 4 defenders collapse, he can dish it out with pure confidence in someone he KNOWS will shoot lights out...Dude defines a triangle fit, his European team ran the triangle offense, so he's already familiar with it. He's on an uprise, can play the 3 AND 4, can shoot long-range, mid-range, has a nice drive, a good defender, and will help the Lakers where they need help...  He turned down a $42 million/5 year deal from other teams in order to play with the Lakers for the MLE ($29 million/5 years), because he knows what he can do over here... The Lakers pursued him, Phil wanted him, Kobe wanted him, they contacted him and didn't have to ask him twice, they got what they wanted...Do you guys believe Radman is what the Lakers needed or do you think there was a better fit? I honestly couldn't be happier with what we did this off-season, and I can't wait to see Radmanovic in action with the triangle offense...

Check these out:

GangstaBoogy

Re: Vladimir Radmanovic- The perfect triangle player.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 09:43:07 PM »
I concerned with his number. $30 mill for 9 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist? I think we could've did better for that much (I would've preferred Rashard Lewis).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 12:07:23 AM »
I concerned with his number. $30 mill for 9 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist? I think we could've did better for that much (I would've preferred Rashard Lewis).

LMAO, are you kidding me? He took a pay-cut to play with us...and like I said, 12 points coming off the bench for the CLIPPERS. The guy is exactly the shooter we need, Rashard Lewis fills none of our holes...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:13:26 AM »

LMAO, are you kidding me? He took a pay-cut to play with us...and like I said, 12 points coming off the bench for the CLIPPERS. The guy is exactly the shooter we need, Rashard Lewis fills none of our holes...PeACe

so your telliing me you would rather have radmanovic on LA then Rashard Lewis??

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 12:28:41 AM »
Assets     Radmanovic is a smart player who can dribble, shoot and pass -- which is something of a rarity for a 6'10" power forward.
Flaws            Radmanovic is not an aggressive rebounder and doesn't have the physical presence to defend against many of the league's more physical power forwards.

Assets     Lewis is a terrific jump shooter with an improving 3-point shot. At 6'10", he can shoot over most defenders and is also a decent rebounder and defender. Most importantly, Lewis has improved his scoring average in each of his first five NBA seasons.
Flaws           Booth allows smaller opponents to blow past him and is not a great ball handler or a threat to drive.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:30:36 AM by PRIN©È »

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:32:05 AM »
^ Now tell me which one of the players the Lakers needed the most? Sounds like Vladimir to me

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »
Rashard Lewis averages 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assist. I'd take him over Vladimir Radmonovic AND Brian Cook anyday. He's more consistant, he's a better shooter, and he has an inside game. The reason I'm not a fan of post-up 3-point shooters is because they always fall into shooting slums. And when their 3 isn't dropping - they're usless. Peja Stockairaqi is a perfect example of that.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:56:29 AM »
i still say rashard easily

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 12:57:32 AM »
Lewis is a millionaire's Brian Cook.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 02:51:58 AM »
Rashard Lewis averages 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assist. I'd take him over Vladimir Radmonovic AND Brian Cook anyday. He's more consistant, he's a better shooter, and he has an inside game. The reason I'm not a fan of post-up 3-point shooters is because they always fall into shooting slums. And when their 3 isn't dropping - they're usless. Peja Stockairaqi is a perfect example of that.

Then you obviously have no idea how Phil Jackson teams work...Radman is the perfect spot-up shooter who was missing from the triangle (ala Toni Kukoc), only he can play better defense...Rashard Lewis is mainly used as a scorer and is NOT a triangle fit. Lewis is obviously the better player, but I'd much rather have Radmanovic in the tri right now, especially considering contracts...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 03:17:47 AM »
I cant wait till all these lakers fans get pissed off at Vlad's inconsistency, hes not the answer Lakers Fans...Wake Up! If you got a Micheal Redd or Ray Allen I could understand. Radmanovic is good im not taking anything away from him, but he dont bring it every night

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 03:46:01 AM »
I cant wait till all these lakers fans get pissed off at Vlad's inconsistency, hes not the answer Lakers Fans...Wake Up! If you got a Micheal Redd or Ray Allen I could understand. Radmanovic is good im not taking anything away from him, but he dont bring it every night

I agree with you 1,000,000%

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 09:04:26 AM »

You don't know shit about the Lakers and the way they play...Ray Allen and Michael Redd both play the same position as Kobe and haven no place on our team, they fill no holes. Phil specifically wanted Radman, he was the closest thing to a Kukoc, a Paxson, a Kerr...The tri player that's been missing. And he's not known as a completely inconsistant player. he's also an opening for Kobe, it'll now be much more of a liability to double and tripple team Kobe and Lamar, knowing there's a deadly shooter waiting on the perimeter...I'll take Phil's requets over yours any day...PeACe

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
Again with the laker talk? lol i admire you guys dedication.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 08:12:07 PM »
lewis>> rad no doubt but yall on some crack if you think lewis will sign for the MLE...he'd want at least 10 mill a year. lakers dont have cap room until 2010 and thats a big if cause they only have 3 players slated in that year..kobe+odom+ kwame = alone make around 45 mill a year.

peja got a 64 mill contract and he isnt half the player lewis is. lakers couldnt do better with their MLE. stop hittin the pipe
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 08:15:07 PM by mikeOG »