Author Topic: Vladimir Radmanovic- The perfect triangle player.  (Read 829 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Vladimir Radmanovic- The perfect triangle player.
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »
Kobe himself said he wanted Artest (and I'm sure he was aware that that would've ment trading L.O.). Indiana was dying to trade him because he wasn't playing. They were tired of his attitude, he was tired of being there - so trading him was best for everybody.

I don't know about Spice's comment about the Lakers makin it to the finals. Ronnie would've helped a lot by shutting down Tim Thomas, but let's not forget Odom made Marion his bitch. So that's for yall to discuss.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 11:09:14 PM »
Kobe himself said he wanted Artest (and I'm sure he was aware that that would've ment trading L.O.). Indiana was dying to trade him because he wasn't playing. They were tired of his attitude, he was tired of being there - so trading him was best for everybody.

I don't know about Spice's comment about the Lakers makin it to the finals. Ronnie would've helped a lot by shutting down Tim Thomas, but let's not forget Odom made Marion his bitch. So that's for yall to discuss.

I think Ronnie could of helped LA that much. Yeah and I love it when Kings fans rub it in the Pacers face how we gave them ronnie but we had to he stabbed us in our backs and wasnt playing we had to move on but he is a GREAT PLAYER.  And yes Odom destroyed Marion in the playoffs but still overall imo Marion > Odom EASILY

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 12:03:40 AM »
Cmon Nick just suck it up and admit Artest is better
Artest played half the year and was mentioned a few times as an MVP candidate as well as first team all nba defense, averaged more points as well.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 12:29:41 AM »
he wont admit it, he's just gonna talk about Odom and the triangle to prove you wrong ::)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 12:46:28 AM »
he wont admit it, he's just gonna talk about Odom and the triangle to prove you wrong ::)

yup

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 02:50:41 AM »

I think Ronnie could of helped LA that much. Yeah and I love it when Kings fans rub it in the Pacers face how we gave them ronnie but we had to he stabbed us in our backs and wasnt playing we had to move on but he is a GREAT PLAYER.  And yes Odom destroyed Marion in the playoffs but still overall imo Marion > Odom EASILY

You know what...I never noticed that he averages more points than Odom. That's sayin a lot because he plays tenacious defense EVERY night.

I'm a Lakers fan as well, but just because a player is successful at the triangle doesn't mean they're a better player.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:33 AM »
imo odom is better than marion in the triangle..marion pts come from transition baskets mainly, the suns are the perfect team for him, he wouldnt do good in a system type offense...he plays better D but cant dribble and create like odom and his shot is ugly. Artest > odom any day of the week, only problem with him is we dont know when he's gonna go crazy and do something retarded but i'd still take the chance with artest. he's aggresive can score, can post up down low and is a very underrated passer, the only thing odom has on artest is rebounding. artest wins this hands down cause he brings something defensively only a few have in this league
AK47 (when healthy, hasnt been in 2 years) > odom no doubt..he's a game changer, the weak side shot blocking he brings would put the lakers in the elite league defensively cause they lack that badly and he's aggressive going to the hoop not to mention his man D is very good.

so lets see, on a scale from 1-10 ima rate these 4
        Rebounding||dribble\creating||Defense||scoring||hoop IQ
odom      9                    8                  6           5           5

marion     9                    3                 7.5        4.5         5

artest      7                  7.5                10          6           7

Ak47       8                    6                 9.5         5            6

so its Artest>AK47>odom>marion..

as you can see i put a high emphasize on D..just the way i see it in order to win championships

also 3 SFs in this league that are close to odom and should be mentioned: prince, nocioni and josh howard
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:06:08 AM by mikeOG »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2006, 09:29:03 AM »
yeah i did know he came in as a PG, at Rhode Island he was the man he led them to the elite 8 his sr year and they lost to Stanford, so dont tell me im talking out of my ass...Ive always liked Lamar Odom, but he aint better then Artest, or AK 47. Look at the Kings when they got Artest Totally Different Team, Lamar dont impact a team like Artest does and Look at Indy with Arest they were title contenders without him a little better then a .500 club. Get off Lamars nuts

Okay, Lakers without Lamar wouldn't be a playoff team either. And Lakers did better than the Kings...What's your point? ::)...LMAO@Lamar don't impact teams like Artest...Anyone remember the Heat 2-3 years ago? Lamar LEAD that team, they made the 2nd round under him...Odom>Artest...Odom>AK47. Sorry man, that opinion is MORE than valid...PeACe

Dude Artest is WAYYY more valuable than Odom

LMAO@WAYYY. Slap yourself. Indiana was DYING to trade Artest for Odom...Lakers said NOOOOO WAY!...Maybe that's because Artest is WAYYY more valuable though, especially considering he's a head-case and all, but I wouldn't know... :-*

Its funny you say that, cause last year if the Lakers would of switched Lamar w/ Ronnie you guys probably would of made the finals, thats how important Artest is.  And of course we had some interest with Odom but Indy actually wanted peja and maggette more

LMFAO!!!! OMG...You really don't know basketball, do you? I mean, I thought you somewhat knew your shit, but this is ridiculous...You think Indiana wanted Peja more than Odom? DUDE, it's a KNOWN FACT that Indiana was trying their hardest to get Odom, he was their 1st option, they threw a few proposed packages the Lakers' way, Lakers were not having it, there was no way they were gunna give up Odom for a head-case...And LMFAO@Artest would help us make the finals...Sorry, but Odom was our main distributor, something Artest knows absolutely nothing about (as there was even a point in time where the Kings were upset because he kept demanding the offense run through him, despite shooting a horrific percentage). On top of that, the triangle takes AT LEAST a year to learn, for Artest, probably even longer...Your claims are outrageous and pathetic, at least the shit I say has some basis to it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2006, 09:32:04 AM »
I dont understand how anyone can say Lamar is better than Artest.  There are 2 sides of the game and on one of those sides Artest is the BEST in the whole league, he is the best defender in the game plus he averages 4-5 more points a game then Odom, how is he not better please tell me NIK.

Artest is a defender, his offense is extremely shakey and he chucks a lot of shots, more than his team ever wants him to...he's not a complete player (ala Odom), check out his shooting percentage, he shot under 38% for the Kings!...That is PATHETIC. Based on percentages, Odom would average way more points than Artest if he was as selfish...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »

Shows how much you know, Artest wouldn't have even been guarding Tim Thomas...Kobe and Phil both wanted Artest UNLESS it meant giving up Odom...They tried putting together packages of George/Mihm/1st pick for Artest etc, but Indiana simply wanted Odom, which there was no way they were getting...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »
mentioned a few times as an MVP candidate

LMAO! By who? Since when does an MVP candidate shoot under 40% from the field?!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2006, 09:37:25 AM »

You know what...I never noticed that he averages more points than Odom. That's sayin a lot because he plays tenacious defense EVERY night.

That's not saying a lot, Odom is extremely unselfish, while Artest was chucking up shots left and right, upsetting his teammates, shooting at a dreadful 38%. THAT'S saying a lot... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2006, 09:44:57 AM »
imo odom is better than marion in the triangle..marion pts come from transition baskets mainly, the suns are the perfect team for him, he wouldnt do good in a system type offense...he plays better D but cant dribble and create like odom and his shot is ugly. Artest > odom any day of the week, only problem with him is we dont know when he's gonna go crazy and do something retarded but i'd still take the chance with artest. he's aggresive can score, can post up down low and is a very underrated passer, the only thing odom has on artest is rebounding. artest wins this hands down cause he brings something defensively only a few have in this league
AK47 (when healthy, hasnt been in 2 years) > odom no doubt..he's a game changer, the weak side shot blocking he brings would put the lakers in the elite league defensively cause they lack that badly and he's aggressive going to the hoop not to mention his man D is very good.

so lets see, on a scale from 1-10 ima rate these 4
        Rebounding||dribble\creating||Defense||scoring||hoop IQ
odom      9                    8                  6           5           5

marion     9                    3                 7.5        4.5         5

artest      7                  7.5                10          6           7

Ak47       8                    6                 9.5         5            6

Wow man, you ain't as bad as the rest, but you got some major flaws in that...Marion is a horrible defender, he confuses you because he's good at picking up weak-side blocks, but his man-D is TERRIBLE, as Odom exposed in the playoffs...As for scoring, Odom is better at scoring than anyone on that list, he's just unselfish, unlike Artest, who will chuck shots despite his pathetic percentage...Now the biggest factor is HOOP IQ. I cannot believe you rated Odom lower than AK47 and Artest in hoop IQ, because this is one of the main things Odom is known for...He has a very strong basketball mind, he knows the spots on the court, knows how to play all positions, he basically has the mind of a point guard, which is MUCH more than I can say for the rest...And Marion? LMAO, Marion is a DUMBASS, how did you rate him the same a Odom in hoop IQ?...Next year, everyone will REALIZE...PeACe

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »
Wow man, you ain't as bad as the rest, but you got some major flaws in that...Marion is a horrible defender, he confuses you because he's good at picking up weak-side blocks, but his man-D is TERRIBLE, as Odom exposed in the playoffs

i dont think so..he's a better man defender than odom, he did a nice job when assigned on kobe..kobe had to take some tough shots vs him. Again i said he's not all that better than odom on D but is a notch better. odom can expose any SF when he's on the low block and odom played PF vs the suns. most teams will have bigger PFs defending odom. marion is the suns PF with Diaw playing center.

As for scoring, Odom is better at scoring than anyone on that list, he's just unselfish, unlike Artest, who will chuck shots despite his pathetic percentage

yes he's the best scorer and he's unselfish but isnt that in a way hurting the lakers?..kinda selfish(low IQ) for him to do that. artest is aggressive no doubt..he'll chuck up shots but i'd rather have that than a "odom type" dissapearing when he's most needed. i can remember numerous games where he dissappeard. we can look at percentages all we want. would you say wade is the better player than kobe because kobe shot 45% and wade closer to 50%? we know how dumb this argument is. btw artest is a 41% career shooter vs odoms 45%.

Now the biggest factor is HOOP IQ. I cannot believe you rated Odom lower than AK47 and Artest in hoop IQ, because this is one of the main things Odom is known for...He has a very strong basketball mind, he knows the spots on the court, knows how to play all positions, he basically has the mind of a point guard, which is MUCH more than I can say for the rest...And Marion? LMAO, Marion is a DUMBASS, how did you rate him the same a Odom in hoop IQ?...

again dribble penetration/assist does not equal hoop IQ, we all know odom has the POTENTIAL but what good is it when he'll never tap into it. Thats IQ, he doesnt have it, he'll never know how to run the TRI. i'd rather have a average pt that can dish out assist and run the point than a PF/SF.We laker fans remember when odom made some dumb decisions down the stretch and cost the lakers 3-4 games. TEX winter has said he'll like phil to take the ball outta odoms hands cause he aint living up to it. remember when walton was put in the lineup and the lakers did better? yeah thats cause it took the load off odom and he was back to his natural position of posting up..there goes the handles..also there was a quote from the LA times blog with tex winter saying how odom will probably never get it cause he cant cut to the hoop like pippen used to, (the Tri is about cutting and moving) he uses the same move cutting to the hoop instead of faking out the D etc..i'll try to find it if you'd like..it was good stuff.

Next year, everyone will REALIZE...PeACe

ima laker fan and i have nothing against lamar, i hope he'll change his ways and make us realize..he's a good person and a good bb player but i'd like him to live up to his potential..you dont have to take this personal
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:00:22 AM by mikeOG »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »
^^You're obviously judging the old Lamar, before he broke out the second half of last season...Marion is a terrible defender, especially when it comes to guarding players his size or bigger...He gets burned so damn much, it's not even funny. To say Marion is a better defender than Odom is a joke...Wade shoots a higher percentage than Kobe because a).he doesn't shoot NEARLY as many threes and b).his reffing situation...Not the case with Artest. The Lamar I'm judging was the last Lamar we saw, the Lamar who closed out the season tremendously and carried his play into the playoffs... The one who was passive when we needed him to be and aggressive when it called for it...Disappearing when he's most needed is the old Odom, before he figured out the triangle...I read what Tex said about Odom, apparently, he's basically indicating that Odom should be used as a big, not that he can't play distributor, just that it's not his strongest asset...I'm not taking anything personal, just waiting till next season so that you can eat your words...Just like I did last season, I made everyone eat their words when April came rolling along...PeACe
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:42:20 AM by Now_I_Know »