Author Topic: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha  (Read 700 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »
I mean every track on Space Boogie is bumpable and its hella more consistent. You could take maybe 5 or 6 tracks off Streetz Iz A Mutha and I wouldn't even care/notice. On Space Boogie the lyrics were still sharp, production was nice and Kurupt seemed like he had also developed some kind of songcvraft as well. So am I the only one who thinks this?

$Eg2$

Re: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 02:24:01 PM »
I mean every track on Space Boogie is bumpable and its hella more consistent. You could take maybe 5 or 6 tracks off Streetz Iz A Mutha and I wouldn't even care/notice. On Space Boogie the lyrics were still sharp, production was nice and Kurupt seemed like he had also developed some kind of songcvraft as well. So am I the only one who thinks this?

I like both albums but I thinik I like streetz iz a mutha better Kurupt killed trylogy its just one of those albums where I can listen to it without changing one song

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 02:38:18 PM »
LMAO! Is this a joke?

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:41:03 PM »
ya are you crazy man?

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »
lyrically, i feel streetz is a better album. i like it more because it is more dark and grittier than space boogie. space boogie is more of a party album with the majority of songs being uptempo and feel good. i LOVE the apperances on space boogie, just because they are so diverse, but streetz iz a mutha goes off the chain with the classic DPG clique. i gotta go with streetz. one of the best albums of '99.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »
No its not a joke. Its not me kissing kurupt's ass either, I can only listen to like 6-9 tracks from Streetz but I can in turn, listen to 99.9% of Space Boogie, but then again I actually liked Against Tha Grain, Cali Iz Active and Same Day Different Shit so sue me.

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

I can kind of see your point, but Space Boogie to me is more of a carry over from Tha Streetz. To me I can't see how you like SB and not like TSIAM. SB is more diverse but he had alot of collabs on there that did not mesh well. Fred Durst, Everlast come to mind, and the F The World freestyle made absolutely no sense. SB is still a good album, but I think Fred Wreck was in another zone with the beats on that album.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 02:51:35 PM »
I can only listen to like 6-9 tracks from Streetz

I feel for you... :-\

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »
lmao, i just got done listenin to that skit at the end of who ride wit us lol, making fun of dmx or whoever haha. shit is classic. "Hey momma! if you lookin for da tv! god dammit i SMOKED DA TV!"

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »
Dnice,  I like Streetz, I just feel and can get better acquinted with SB than I can Streetz, "as an album".

Who Ride Wit Us,
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha,
Make A Hoe A Housewife,
Neva Gonna Give It Up,
Welcome Home,
Represent Dat G.C,
Aint Shit W/o My Homeboys,
Live On The Mic,
Callin Out Names

^ Are my main picks from Streetz, everything else just feels like filler and is the same. Dont get me wrong, Kurupt was raw with the delivery and multis here, but damn I really do just like SB better, point blank.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »
Dnice,  I like Streetz, I just feel and can get better acquinted with SB than I can Streetz, "as an album".

Who Ride Wit Us,
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha,
Make A Hoe A Housewife,
Neva Gonna Give It Up,
Welcome Home,
Represent Dat G.C,
Live On The Mic,
Callin Out Names

^ Are my main picks from Streetz, everything else just feels like filler and is the same. Dont get me wrong, Kurupt was raw with the delivery and multis here, but damn I really do just like SB better, point blank.

Pretty much every song on "Tha Streetz..." is bangin'...The album is a near classic. ::)

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »

Who Ride Wit Us,
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha,
Make A Hoe A Housewife,
Neva Gonna Give It Up,
Welcome Home,
Represent Dat G.C,
Live On The Mic,
Callin Out Names

That is cool. I like both of them, but Tha Streetz is easily one of my most played albums. He had something to prove on that album.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 03:18:55 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know
Pretty much every song on "Tha Streetz..." is bangin'...The album is a near classic. ::)

Yep which means I have to like it by default?  Lets not forget we all have opinions, and their not the same? I'm sure you didn't know that before, but apply the knowledge because "Now_You_Know". I'm not denying Streetz of its near-classic status, because then I'd have to debate with every western head online.  D-Nice is right, Kurupt had something to prove on that record after the messy Kuruption! album.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 03:34:40 PM »
LOL, how could anybody like Against The Grain  ??? there were maybe 4 decent traccs off that album and Same Day makes for a nice coaster or frisbee as well....I don't know if it's better, but I dug Space Boogie a little bit more that TSIAM, but not by much...TSIAM was more banged out and Space Boggie was more of a crusin vibe to it...Depends on the mood I guess

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

westkoastanostra

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
what is this? ... kurupt appreciation week?