Author Topic: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha  (Read 698 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Re: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
People who like commercialzed shit more will like "Space Boogie"...

talk about a close-minded asshole who cant accept opinions for shit. Kurupt actually has somewhat of a songcraft on space boogie, Streetz is the same shit over and over, lyrically their about the same honestly, just his delivery is a bit more relaxed. I wont bother listening my underground albums just to wipe that "u only listen to commercial shit" slab clean, but whatever. And are you kidding me? Streetz and Space Boogie were both commercial, you act as if their underground hits.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »

talk about a close-minded asshole who cant accept opinions for shit. Kurupt actually has somewhat of a songcraft on space boogie, Streetz is the same shit over and over, lyrically their about the same honestly, just his delivery is a bit more relaxed. I wont bother listening my underground albums just to wipe that "u only listen to commercial shit" slab clean, but whatever. And are you kidding me? Streetz and Space Boogie were both commercial, you act as if their underground hits.

Wow...Slap yourself, son...It is known that Kurupt was going for a commercial sound with "Space Boogie", he thought it was his time to break-through into the mainstream, hence the super bubble-gum first single and guest appearances by Fred Durst, Everlast, etc...Not saying it wasn't a tight album, I still bump it from time to time (some great beats), but it's overall very synthetic and formulated as opposed to "Tha Streetz..." Please learn your shit before you step...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
I think alot of artists have 2 albums like what Kurupt has. T.I. is a good example. His first 2 album (I'M Serious & Trap Muzik) very street and grimey. As he became more popular, more mainstream producers started to work with him, which give him a more "mainstream" sound. Most people call it commerical because you can recognize most producers tracks when they are played. King is more "mainstream" because he used alot of big name producers. It happened to Pac with AEOM and he took it back gutter with Makaveli. Kurupt recieved so much success from TSIAM so he went with a more diverse sound on SB. Jon B, Lethal, etc, less Daz but more Fred.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2006, 02:41:54 PM »

Wow...Slap yourself, son...It is known that Kurupt was going for a commercial sound with "Space Boogie", he thought it was his time to break-through into the mainstream, hence the super bubble-gum first single and guest appearances by Fred Durst, Everlast, etc...Not saying it wasn't a tight album, I still bump it from time to time (some great beats), but it's overall very synthetic and formulated as opposed to "Tha Streetz..." Please learn your shit before you step...PeACe

All that talk about Space Boogie is irrelevent, where did I deny Space Boogie of being commercial? I merely said Streetz Is just as commercial (and it is,) Break through into the mainstream? No he did that in 1997 on Anstra when he dropped his first video ever. If not then, then when he shot the video for "Who Ride Wit Us". & Hahah as if Streetz wasnt formulated? Anyway, have fun with your ego.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
I merely said Streetz Is just as commercial (and it is,)

LMAO...Stop right there. Keep slappin' yourself until you change your mind... :-X

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 03:14:50 PM »

LMAO...Stop right there. Keep slappin' yourself until you change your mind... :-X

"Who Rid Wit Us", "Ho's A Housewife", "I Aint Shit Without My Homeboys",

dont let the lyrical fluff tracks and the in-house guest appearances fool you, he has some pure single/commercial tracks here.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »

dont let the lyrical fluff tracks and the in-house guest appearances fool you, he has some pure single/commercial tracks here.

Those tracks ain't even close t

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 11:24:20 PM »

LMAO! Those tracks arent even close to as commercial as some of Space Boogie, what the hell are you talking about? How the hell could Ho's A Housewife be commercial lmao.  I loved both albums but Space was more commercial no doubt

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »
Step Up and NEVA GONNA GIVE IT UP too way different concepts LMAO at homie saying all the songs were alike..

tryology and Welcome Home way different all the songs were different and tight...
The songs with the closest concepts was "represent dat g.c." "and neva gonna give it up"

The Best of 3 Worlds

WestCoasta

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »
the difference between the 2 is SB had lots of fillers

no way is it better

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2006, 02:15:06 AM »
Whoops, mixed "Girls All Pause" and "Ho's A Housewife" up. Those three are commercial, either they are or you just dont know what the hell commercial is. They dont even cuss in Who Ride Wit Us, Girls All Pause you know why? There commercial and meant for radio play, their radio edits.  Space Boogie has two straight up commercial songs. Its Over and Sunshine. The everlast song was commercial? Do you honestly see that song having any mainstream appeal? Space is more variety, and more versatile, And Streetz has some nice cuts no doubt.

Quote from: MoSavThanLegit
Step Up and NEVA GONNA GIVE IT UP too way different concepts LMAO at homie saying all the songs were alike..
The same as in, no variety. Not concept-wise of course what dumbass sits and writes about the same song 21 times? Compare "I Call Shots", "Trylogy", "Loose Cannons", "Step Up" "Live On The Mic" and tell me they arent similar in any way. I get it, Kurupt's flow and delivery were dope then! but their the same lyrical fluff tracks. Get what I'm saying now?

Quote from: We$tcoa$t
the difference between the 2 is SB had lots of fillers
no way is it better
Yes because "Loose Cannons", "Girls All Pause", "Tequilla", "I Call Shots" arent fillers.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:23:57 AM by 4108 »

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2006, 11:54:46 AM »
I mean every track on Space Boogie is bumpable and its hella more consistent. You could take maybe 5 or 6 tracks off Streetz Iz A Mutha and I wouldn't even care/notice. On Space Boogie the lyrics were still sharp, production was nice and Kurupt seemed like he had also developed some kind of song craft as well. So am I the only one who thinks this?

Nope !!!

I've always said this and i always wondered why nobody rated Space Boogie highly, it's like alot of muthafuckas say Streetz Iz A Mutha... is a classic so you got niggaz sayin' it's classic and they know it ain't to them but they don't wanna get shitted on for sayin' it's not. Well, i don't give a fuck what people say on certain issues that's why my karma is so high i'm not biting my tongue  for anyone.

Space Boogie>>>>Streetz Iz A Mutha...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2006, 12:55:02 PM »

LMAO! Those tracks arent even close to as commercial as some of Space Boogie, what the hell are you talking about? How the hell could Ho's A Housewife be commercial lmao.  I loved both albums but Space was more commercial no doubt

LOL, I was so fucked up last night and I had bitches over, I didn't even finish typin' and it got posted...Dude's so ridiculous, you already knew what I was sayin' without me even needing to say it...PeAce

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »
haha!  this guy says "I Call Shots" is a filler...

you're done, leave

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know
LOL, I was so fucked up last night and I had bitches over, I didn't even finish typin' and it got posted...Dude's so ridiculous, you already knew what I was sayin' without me even needing to say it...PeAce
Yep apparently its not acceptable to have your own damn opinion. I kiss no ass, and I say whats on my mind, if you dont like it fuck you. Apparently I'm right about some things, no one else is taking my points in depth, rather their just outraged and shocked I had "the balls" to say Space Boogie is better than Streetz, if thats the case you fuckers have no point in this topic. Haha. Streetz has some nice tracks that are some of kurupts best but as an album it cant fuck with Space Boogie, do any of you own any albums that arent western by any chance?

Quote from: we$t coa$t
haha!  this guy says "I Call Shots" is a filler...

you're done, leave
Its not filler? Are we blind, deaf, stupid or what? (See, I'm purposely NOT being open-minded about your perspective as you're not about mine) Most intros are filler when you think about it. Like On Dillinger/YoungGotti2, I'd rather the motherfucker just skip straight to "DPGC Muzik" instead of those gay ass gun shots that dont do shit. Anyways, I Call Shots is just another lyrical fluff track. Streetz has like twelve of them already, how is it not filler? Tell me why and I'll tell you why it is. Read up above where I adressed the the lyrical fluff tracks.