Author Topic: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha  (Read 697 times)

J Bananas

d-nice

Re: Okay I'm convinced: Space Boogie > Streetz Iz A Mutha
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »
1. Blast Off (Intro)
  2. Space Boogie - (featuring Nate Dogg)
  3. Hate On Me - (featuring Soopafly/Damani)
  4. On Da Grind - (featuring Daz)
  5. It's Over - (featuring Natina Reed)
  6. Can't Go Wrong - (featuring DJ Quik/Butch Cassidy)
  7. On, Onsite - (featuring Lil' 1/2 Dead)
  8. Sunshine - (featuring Jon B.)
  9. Hardest..., The - (featuring Xzibit/Nate Dogg/M.C. Ren)
  10. Gangsta's
  11. Bring Back That G... - (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg/Goldie Loc)
  12. Lay It On Back - (featuring Fred Durst/Nate Dogg)
  13. Just Don't Give A... - (featuring Fingazz)
  14. At It Again
  15. Kuruption - (featuring Everlast)
  16. Da World - (featuring Daz)

I think both albums have filler. SB definitely has some. Space Boogie is just rambling by Kurupt, Hate On Me is the same from him, except Damani and Soopafly, On The Grind is tight, It Over is wack. 6-12 was the strength of the album and the last 4 was just rambling again. The beats on all of the tracks were fire.10 out of 16 for me. Not bad.

1. I Call Shots
  2. Loose Canons
  3. Who Ride Wit' Us
  4. Represent Dat G.C.
  5. Welcome Home - (featuring LaToya)
  6. Tequilla
  7. Trylogy
  8. Neva Gonna Give It Up - (featuring Warren G/Tray D/Snoop Dogg/Soopafly)
  9. Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha - (featuring Daz)
  10. Ya Can't Trust Nobody
  11. It Ain't About You
  12. Girls All Pause - (featuring Daz/Roscoe)
  13. Your Gyrl Friend
  14. Ho's A Housewife - (featuring Dr. Dre)
  15. I Ain't Sh%t Without My Homeboyz
  16. Step Up
  17. Live On The Mic - (bonus track, featuring KRS-One)

Tha Streetz also had it. I Call Shots is a dope song but Kurupt was throwing a few too many big words together for me. Roscoe killed it. The strength of this one is 2-11. 12- ehh, 13-nope, 14- cool 15-17 bangin, Callin Out Names-overrated. 12 out of 17 for me on this one.

I had talked about it earlier TS was more the album people wanted to hear from Kurupt after Kuruption. Gotti spitting fiyah over Daz beats and Fred Wreck. SB was more diverse but a very good album.  

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »
@D-Nice: ^ I appreciate posts like that man for real.

And I honestly agree w/ about 95% of it. I think I'm coming off wrong, Kurupt lives to his potential on Streetz, we all know that, lyrically he was unstoppable on that, but overall as an "album" (based on albums solely, and not how much I like the artist or what other people think of him, haha) I lean w/ the more diverse Space Boogie. Its the same reason I sway w/ Doggystyle (more consistent, more variety) than The Chronic, but props.

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »
@D-Nice: ^ I appreciate posts like that man for real.

And I honestly agree w/ about 95% of it. I think I'm coming off wrong, Kurupt lives to his potential on Streetz, we all know that, lyrically he was unstoppable on that, but overall as an "album" (based on albums solely, and not how much I like the artist or what other people think of him, haha) I lean w/ the more diverse Space Boogie. Its the same reason I sway w/ Doggystyle (more consistent, more variety) than The Chronic, but props.

SB to me had the potential along with TS to be MONSTER albums. I agree both had alot of singles but the ones that were picked were the worse ones. Its Over, Girls All Pause? I really did not understand those picks. I feel you on your opinion and really you are on the wrong forum if you are lookin for people to explain things. People dissed me for liking Tha Doggfather. I did that post because I listened to both of them. SB does have some great songs on it as does TS but if somebody put me on the spot I'd say TS. But I like the way you stated your opinion. I can tell you know your music.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »
Quote from: D-Nice
SB to me had the potential along with TS to be MONSTER albums. I agree both had alot of singles but the ones that were picked were the worse ones. Its Over, Girls All Pause? I really did not understand those picks. I feel you on your opinion and really you are on the wrong forum if you are lookin for people to explain things. People dissed me for liking Tha Doggfather. I did that post because I listened to both of them. SB does have some great songs on it as does TS but if somebody put me on the spot I'd say TS. But I like the way you stated your opinion. I can tell you know your music.

Thanks for the encouragement, lol.  Yeah I try to be open minded with every album, hence me actually giving a damn about S.D.D.S, A.T.G, C.I.A and excedra

btw, I liked Doggfather too.

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »
Same here, What did you think of Same Day Different Shit?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 07:24:23 PM »
"Tha Doggfather" was the shit, and I loved "Space Boogie", but it's just not comparable to "Tha Streetz..." and you can't tell me it wasn't more commercialzed. That shit was blatantly formulated, his promoter even told me he's making it with the intent of crossing over to mainstream status, I even posted it around the time the album was out...You're arguments mean nothng, "Tha Streetz..." >>>>> "Space Boogie"....PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »
That was what I just said.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 07:29:30 PM by d-nice »

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
Same here, What did you think of Same Day Different Shit?

3.5/5, Actually pretty nice album

Quote from: Now_I_Know
"Tha Doggfather" was the shit, and I loved "Space Boogie", but it's just not comparable to "Tha Streetz..." and you can't tell me it wasn't more commercialzed. That shit was blatantly formulated, his promoter even told me he's making it with the intent of crossing over to mainstream status, I even posted it around the time the album was out...You're arguments mean nothng, "Tha Streetz..." >>>>> "Space Boogie"....PeACe

Once we realize no one's opinion is fact we will get somewhere, Space Boogie > Streetz imo, and you want to know why? read the goddamn topic. I could blatantly say Streetz is formulated too, "some heavy flow tracks, some g-tales", but I wont do that because I actually like the album too.

d-nice

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »
OK, some people on this topic are getting bent out of shape. 4108 brought up some good points about both albums. SB just so happens to be a favorite of his over TS. What is the big deal about that?

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2006, 07:45:33 PM »
What is the big deal about that?

Because I am pointing out faults and making people think outside their comfort zones, would be my guess.

WestCoasta

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2006, 08:43:20 PM »
so now "I Call Shots" is a filler track equal to a skit?

dude everyone thinks ur a dipshit

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:12 PM »

What a fuckin moron.  I Call Shots is my fav cut on the great album

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »
I mean every track on Space Boogie is bumpable and its hella more consistent. You could take maybe 5 or 6 tracks off Streetz Iz A Mutha and I wouldn't even care/notice. On Space Boogie the lyrics were still sharp, production was nice and Kurupt seemed like he had also developed some kind of songcvraft as well. So am I the only one who thinks this?

I've had this debate with myself a few times in the past. It's still up in the air. The way I see it "Tha Streetz iz a Mutha" is really a street album and "Space Boogie" is more mainstream friendly. So really you have 2 great albums that served a different purpose. Too bad neither got the proper promotion it deserved.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »

What a fuckin moron.  I Call Shots is my fav cut on the great album
seriously!  what the hell

for the guy to not like it is fine, who gives a shit

but to call it a mere filler?   that's stupidity