Author Topic: The USA is going to crush everyone at the basketball World Championships  (Read 1025 times)

wcsoldier

Re: The USA is going to crush everyone at the basketball World Championships
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 01:28:32 AM »
Well they already lost bad in 2002 and 2004... they can't shoot and attack a  ( real , not NBA type) zone. USA will probably have trouble against top European teams (Greece, Spain, France, Italy) and Argentina

ABN

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 01:53:46 AM »
well they should crush all the teams. and if they don´t they should stop playin basketball.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 01:56:36 AM »
Argentina

"GINOBLI!!!!!" - Charles Barkley
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 02:09:10 AM »
well they should crush all the teams. and if they don´t they should stop playin basketball.
why ? NBA players have already lost 6 games in these 2002 and 2004 events.. this time the team is better built than the previous ones but FIBA game is a lot different than NBA one, plus others teams have way better chemistry than Team USA (coz they play together for many years). USA gonna suffer a lot in this  WC

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 02:16:12 AM »
NBA players have already lost 6 games in these 2002 and 2004 events.. this time the team is better built than the previous ones but FIBA game is a lot different than NBA one

It's not really that different, if you ask me. It's just that they follow the rules, in FIBA games, while in the NBA they are more like "this player got credibility: let's make a call!". In FIBA games every players are threated in the same way. Or at least it should be like that, cause the refs helped USA against Brazil in a scandalous way, lol. But who cares, it was a friendly anyway.

plus others teams have way better chemistry than Team USA (coz they play together for many years).

I don't know about this shit. It looks like an excuse to me. They play the same number of games and the same competitions: WC, Olympics, Continental Tournament (European/American..). It's an excuse. Plus the top players from Europe/Argentina do play in the NBA for the whole year, so they don't really have better chemistry.

USA gonna suffer a lot in this WC

It's highly possible, yeah.

ABN

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 02:30:51 AM »
the chemistry talk is just an excuse. the fact of the matter is that a lot of the US players are overpaid divas that are feeling their own game a lil too much. not to mention that all of the guys in the american team got egos big as hell, and when you´re on a team stacked with superstars that aint a good thing.

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 02:31:32 AM »
^^^ what I meant by FIBA game being different was the zone... You can play sort of zone in NBA but you and me know it's weak defense compared to European ones... NBA players are lost against the zone D.. I totally agree with u when it comes to refs.. About chemistry I meant for others countries the roster isn't changed at 100% every two years (unlike USA)...

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 02:35:26 AM »
the chemistry talk is just an excuse. the fact of the matter is that a lot of the US players are overpaid divas that are feeling their own game a lil too much. not to mention that all of the guys in the american team got egos big as hell, and when you´re on a team stacked with superstars that aint a good thing.
yep true.. they improve this year by selecting role players such as Bowen, Battier. Anyway I always thought USA had to send a NBA team (I mean players of the same team) to compete in these International events.. the pb is that most NBA teams are full of foreign players  :P

ecrazy

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 02:45:41 AM »
Oh let's not forget BARBOSA is that nigga! Him and Amare are the only players from Phoenix I like.

Fuck the whole Suns team, how you can root for anyone on their classless squad is beyond me...
LMAO @ this bitter betty......Quit your belly achin

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 02:47:14 AM »
Oh let's not forget BARBOSA is that nigga! Him and Amare are the only players from Phoenix I like.

Fuck the whole Suns team, how you can root for anyone on their classless squad is beyond me...

Dude get off Nik's nuts, every time he post's something you jump all over it

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 05:42:05 AM »
^^^ what I meant by FIBA game being different was the zone...

BINGO! That's the real problem. In international games teams usually play zone defence. So not only they are better than USA defending, but also they know how to attack the zone, while USA don't have a clue (you gotta shoot from outside and move the ball fast, something USA team can't do). That's the big advantage: zone defence.

You can play sort of zone in NBA but you and me know it's weak defense compared to European ones... NBA players are lost against the zone D.. I totally agree with u when it comes to refs.. About chemistry I meant for others countries the roster isn't changed at 100% every two years (unlike USA)...

Yeah what i mean is that nobody told them to change it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 09:23:51 AM »

LMAO!...Good lookin' out, Spice... this fuckin' retard can't seem to stop reciprocating. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »
yep true.. they improve this year by selecting role players such as Bowen, Battier. Anyway I always thought USA had to send a NBA team (I mean players of the same team) to compete in these International events.. the pb is that most NBA teams are full of foreign players  :P

They were talking about changing it to sending the NBA champions about 2 years ago...I personally think it's a bad idea, but that's mostly because it kills the meaning of a Dream Team...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »

LMAO!...Good lookin' out, Spice... this fuckin' retard can't seem to stop reciprocating. :-X

Yeah its just that everytime you post anything he gets all butthurt over it, I feel bad for ya Nik I think he likes you or something lol, dude is obsessed. 

ecrazy

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »
WOW, im just pointing out the obvious bitterness and crying that this Laker fan should let go by now, and Captain Save a hoe comes in and says that IM on NIKS nuts, yet who the fuck is always entering threads trying to start shit by attacking me, lets see in the past 48 hours:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=116926.0
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=116932.0

LMAO @ this cat trying to say that im on Dudes nuts, where in those threads did i start talkin shit to dude? fuck outta here