Author Topic: KRS-One: From teacher to preacher?  (Read 86 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
KRS-One: From teacher to preacher?
« on: January 09, 2002, 06:29:45 AM »
Code: [Select]
For those that don't know, KRS-One's first album with Boogie Down Productions was called Criminal Minded, and it's considered a hip-hop classic. Since that debut dropped in 1987, KRS has gone from philosopher to teacher to ambassador and beyond, and he'll tell you that every step of the way has been "overseen by Scott La Rock," his late partner who teamed with him on that first disc and has been referenced on the eight solo and BDP albums since. But now KRS, partially fueled by the events of Sept. 11, is taking his beliefs mainstream for his next album, Spiritually Minded, and is adding a touch of gospel. "When I began to think about what my 10th album should sound like, I could not help but to think of the people that yearn deeply for the spiritual meaning of life and living," KRS said in a statement released by his label, Koch Entertainment. "I could not help but think of them seeking and searching the narrow path of righteousness only to be bombarded and harassed daily by wickedness and deceit. But be strong! I have made it my life's work to be the light in the dark and the heat in the cold... to be the truth in an ignorant world. I speak to your strengths not your weaknesses. I say these things so that when those who are blind and those who are lost criticize us know that our God is forever ahead of them. Therefore, do not be fearful, you must believe. For even as you read these words, God has already made a way for you. Do not doubt yourself and God, believe in yourself with God." Among the guest artists on Spiritually Minded are Greg Nice, Fat Joe and Rampage, who joined forces with KRS for a joint called "Come to the Temple." Another track, "Tears" is dedicated to the lives that were lost in the terrorist attacks. Spiritually Minded is scheduled to hit stores Jan. 22.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-