Author Topic: Lil Wayne Arrested On Drug-Possession Charges  (Read 139 times)

suckaa free

Lil Wayne Arrested On Drug-Possession Charges
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:32:45 PM »
Rapper Lil Wayne was arrested Monday in Atlanta on charges of possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance, according to a copy of his arrest report obtained by MTV.

The 23-year-old MC (real name: Dwayne Michael Carter) was released from Georgia's Fulton County Jail on $11,000 bond following his arrest. Police claim the rapper was in possession of several unlabeled bottles — one containing 60 pills of Alprazolama, a generic form of Xanax that is used to treat anxiety disorders and panic attacks; another containing 59 hydrocodone pills — along with "two small burnt joints of marijuana," the report read.

According to Carter's arrest report, the rapper was staying at the Twelve Hotel in Atlanta's Atlantic Station when a hotel employee entered Carter's room to inspect a problem with the room's security systems. The employee said he noticed a gallon-size bag of what he believed to be marijuana; he also told police he smelled a "heavy odor of marijuana." The hotel's manager was summoned to the room and also claimed he smelled marijuana. Carter told both men to vacate his room, shut the door and fastened the security latch. Police were called shortly thereafter.

Officers entered Carter's room and began to search it; the arrest report said the rapper gave his consent for them to enter. Inside a small duffel bag, police found the prescription pills. The marijuana joints were uncovered in the room's garbage can, and a small amount of marijuana was discovered in the room's refrigerator. According to the report, a gallon-size bag of marijuana was not recovered.

A second man, Derrick Lawrence, 37, was also charged with possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana. The arrest report claims Lawrence was in Carter's room at the time, but his relationship to the rapper is unclear. The report also lists both men as being under the influence of drugs at the time of the arrests.

Carter, who hails from New Orleans, has released five albums over the course of his career. His most recent LP, 2005's Tha Carter II, debuted at #2 on Billboard's album sales chart and has since racked up more than 1 million copies sold.

[This story was originally published on 08.15.06 at 10:36 a.m. ET]

— Chris Harris

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1538571/20060815/lil_wayne.jhtml?headlines=true

Diabolical

Re: Lil Wayne Arrested On Drug-Possession Charges
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »
haha

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »
Hey, at least he didn't hit anyone in the head with a champagne bottle or shoot up a club.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »
Maybe this will bring Wayne back to reality. Getting busted for weed possesion is stupid to me, but alcohol is fine? When will these muthafuckas learn? I'd be more likely to get into a car accident, get into a fight, etc. on alcohol than on weed.

Xanax is cool, but you will fall asleep at the wheel mixing that with weed. BTW, what is hydrocodone? Another type of pain killer, or is it more like codeine?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »
hydrocodon is a pain killer.

too bad he flushed a whole gallon bag of weed. i bet it was smoking too.

kingwell

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
They spelled Alprazolam (Xanax) wrong.  I am on that medication.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 08:47:50 PM »
hydrocodone is vicodin or loritabs

youngmessnucca

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:28:42 PM »
They spelled Alprazolam (Xanax) wrong.  I am on that medication.

How's about sending ya boy some of that?

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 12:33:58 AM »
hydrocodone is vicodin

yup

i bet he knew he had to get rid of the weed but forgot about the pills, lmao.