Author Topic: You know hiphop is fucked up when............  (Read 396 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: You know hiphop is fucked up when............
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »
Wayne´s still extremely overrated IMO. people make him out to be this super lyricist but he´s not.

Hmm, if you listened to Tha Carter and still say he's not a good lyricist, chances are are great deal of what he said flew over your head. Just listen to Birdman Jr. One of the hardest most lyrical songs of the last 5 years, easily.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 02:41:25 PM »
I actually thought Wayne's early work was pretty decent...I guess that's what he's always been...Decent...PeACe

Jome

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:56 PM »
He improved no doubt, but I still think he's wack, must be the voice.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
the only wack album imo was 500 degreez. he tried to prove he didnt need juve bg and turk and kinda failed. wich was weird because the few sq tapes befor 500 were crack and all of the ones that followed were crack.  and i doubt he has a ghostwriter, he just releases too much metirial to have a writer.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »
I think Wayne is one of the most overated cats out.  Just cuz he's says he's the greatest rapper alive or has the greatest flow in america doesn't mean it's true.  He can come with a slick metaphor or punchline here or there, and he's got a swagger / confidence about him but that's where it ends for me.  It's not a coincidence that Dipset fans love Wayne - he's basically a southern version of Camron, except with a shitty annoying voice.

And for the record, I thought Andre and Big Boi were the highlights of that song.  Weezy was decent, Snoop was ass.

Narrator

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 06:21:29 PM »
It's not a coincidence that Dipset fans love Wayne - he's basically a southern version of Camron, except with a shitty annoying voice.

I like Wayne and hate Dipset (well, mostly the fans...)

There's definitely nothing wrong with that.  Weezy has in fact become an ill lyricist.  The first "Carter" was overrated, but on the 2nd, I finally started to appreciate how dope he is now.  I agree his voice can be kinda annoying, but given how clever and smooth-flowing he's become these days, I can overlook that.  If y'all think Weezy is wack, you don't know what you're missing...no, he shouldn't call himself the "Best Rapper Alive", but mark my words, dude gon be on top of the game in another couple years.

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »
thats exactly what i was thinking teecee, but i actually dont mind andre's singing on this one

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 07:00:30 PM »
did you know that there are 5 planned album in the carter series?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »
I know what you mean. I HATED Wayne. Couldn't stand him in the late 90's. My opinion started changing after hearing The Carter. I realized this guy actually has some talent. Hollywood Divorce solidifies my feelings about the guy now. I heard some of The Carter II and there's some nice stuff too.

I recommend you listen to his last 2 albums.

yeah i couldn't stand him. i actually just gave him a chance earlier this year and ended up buying "The Carter 2".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 10:32:18 PM »
I think Wayne is one of the most overated cats out.  Just cuz he's says he's the greatest rapper alive or has the greatest flow in america doesn't mean it's true.  He can come with a slick metaphor or punchline here or there, and he's got a swagger / confidence about him but that's where it ends for me.  It's not a coincidence that Dipset fans love Wayne - he's basically a southern version of Camron, except with a shitty annoying voice.

And for the record, I thought Andre and Big Boi were the highlights of that song.  Weezy was decent, Snoop was ass.

Well, i am a HUGE Outkast fan, but i'll call it how i see, er, how i hear it, and Wayne really shines on this song.  Of course he isn't the greatest rapper alive, but man, he really sounded nice on this song.  It's weird, i've always found hsi voice annoying as well, but i thought he sounded really dope on this Hollywood Divorce song, not annoying like usual.........