Author Topic: Nas "Hip Hop Is Dead... The N" news  (Read 521 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas "Hip Hop Is Dead... The N" news
« on: August 20, 2006, 03:45:26 AM »
Well, this album is definetly gonna be different. (Elvez prepare to cry)

Due Out: September
Recorded in New York
For his eighth studio album, Queensbridge MC Nas is taking it to the clubs, "I want it to be bangin'," he says. "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are Timbaland, Pharrell, Scott Storch and Dr. Dre and hip-hop's newest "it" producer will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. "This one is gonna broaden my audience back up to where it needs to be," says Nas. It doesn't hurt that he's got rap's reigning king, Jay-Z, behind him; the former foes buried the hatchet, and Hova signed Nas to Def Jam in January. Hard drums and crowd chants rule the Will.i.am-produced title track. On "War," a song about the politics of warfare, Nas trades verses with Damian Marley. "it has the head nod and that rocka bump," says Nas' co-manager Mark Pitts, who also confirms that Nas has been in touch with Micheal Jackson in hopes of recording with him. "It's gonna show Nas' potential to cross over from hip-hop to pop," says Pitts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/DrewEdman/Hiphopisdead.jpg

Swizz Beatz also confirmed he gave Nas 4 tracks.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas "Hip Hop Is Dead... The N" news
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 03:57:10 AM »
Hip Hop is indeed dead

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 04:02:08 AM »
he better get Quik on a track

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 04:38:48 AM »
all you "hip hop is dead" fags need to get a life, just because ur favorite artist who used to give a shit doesnt give a shit anymore and wants to make some money, doesnt mean the world is coming to an end

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 04:45:27 AM »
all you "hip hop is dead" fags need to get a life, just because ur favorite artist who used to give a shit doesnt give a shit anymore and wants to make some money, doesnt mean the world is coming to an end

hmm... i like Nas' music.. so i want him to make more music that i would like.. those producers will deffently make me not like the album.. so ofcourse im complaining

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 05:01:46 AM »

hmm... i like Nas' music.. so i want him to make more music that i would like.. those producers will deffently make me not like the album.. so ofcourse im complaining

any dr dre beat is worth it, and we all know its true

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 05:24:57 AM »

not after the big bang..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 05:46:24 AM »

not after the big bang..

What the fuck are you talking about ? Get You Some, Been Through The Storm, In The Ghetto, Cocaine, Goldmine, Legend Of The Fall Offs and not to mention Dont Get Carried Away were Nas sounded great, were all dope.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 05:50:35 AM »
Nas needs some Primo on there.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 05:53:08 AM »
I'm hoping this is just a marketing ploy, so loads of tenny boppers will go buy the album because of the producers, and it will then actually be the wholly DJ Premier produced album.

Otherwise, the title of the album says it perfectly.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 06:12:10 AM »
His albums going to be horrible, I said that when he signed.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 06:18:30 AM »

not after the big bang..

What the fuck are you talking about ? Get You Some, Been Through The Storm, In The Ghetto, Cocaine, Goldmine, Legend Of The Fall Offs and not to mention Dont Get Carried Away were Nas sounded great, were all dope.
maybe in your opinion.. but not in mine

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 09:12:04 AM »
Bainging Tracks = Suck Ass
:-(

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 10:08:23 AM »
That article is old.  It was in Rolling Stone about 2-3 months ago.  If Nas is indeed taking that route, then his album title would really ring true.  It'll sound the same as every other album released by a mainstream artist in the last few years and that fact alone will make it wack.  It's almost hard to believe because with Streets Disciple he was really going in his own direction - stuck with his great core of producers, released unpredictable singles, and made a great album (Yes, there were a few tracks on disc 2 that I could have done without, but for a double album there was loads of tight songs).

And like Rastaman said, maybe it's all a marketing ploy.  It's not that unreasonable because prior to his joining Def Jam, him and Primo were in Scratch Mag saying that it was just those two doing the whole album.  He also commented in SD dissing all the rappers that "sell their nuts for a plaque".  I also remember Jay being interviewed about the new Roots album (they're signed to DJ as well).  He said he just let them be them, cuz if he tweaked it and it didn't come out right that he wouldn't have been able to forgive himself. 

But you also got to look at the fact that Jay invested over $10 million to get Nas, so he's gonna want to do whatever he can to get a good return on his investment.  So I wouldn't be surprised that he's probably hella nervous over the outcome of this album.  If it flops, it'll be a HUGE failure for Jay as an executive.  He's gonna do everything in his power to move units.  If he's convinced that Will.i.Am is the way to do it, then I could easily see it happening.

I'll say this though: If Nas is going for club hits and pop crossover, he'll be a huge hypocrite in my eyes.  And his album title will def ring true.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:59:33 PM by Jrome Bucks the Crossover »

Narrator

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 12:20:23 PM »
"It's gonna show Nas' potential to cross over from hip-hop to pop," says Pitts.

That quote makes it clear what's really going on.  Think about it...a title called "Hip-Hop Is Dead", and then he celebrates everything that has "killed" it?  There is no way that either Nas or Jay-Z are really that stupid, and I hope y'all aren't stupid enough to fall for it, either.

I don't know what's going on, but it's pretty clear this is some kind of promotional joke.