Author Topic: might find this interesting read and respond  (Read 274 times)

wuwearff5

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
might find this interesting read and respond
« on: December 23, 2001, 04:35:59 PM »
do you think its odd for a 13 year old kid like myself to listen to stuff like Bone thugs n harmony, cbo, ice cube, mc ren, common, etc.  Compared to everyone else in the school that like shit like nelly, p diddy, etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

Re: might find this interesting read and respond
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 04:48:36 PM »
do you think its odd for a 13 year old kid like myself to listen to stuff like Bone thugs n harmony, cbo, ice cube, mc ren, common, etc.  Compared to everyone else in the school that like shit like nelly, p diddy, etc.

yes,  an i gotta give u props cuz i know very few peeps that listen to  tha same rap as me an im 17

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 04:59:10 PM »
I was the same way.  I used it to my advantage.  If your friends are like "yo check out this dope nelly song", you can be like "ya, it's cool, but check this out".

Tha_Chill

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2001, 05:07:05 PM »
At least you're not followin' everyone around you.  Be your own person, it's better to know stuff other ppl don't, such as artists they don't know about.  You can always teach them somethin' about the stuff you know.
Kardinal's gonna' show you how the T-Dot rolls/
My style's off the thermostat/
Plus I'm comin' from the cold/

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2001, 05:28:22 PM »

i was like that too,when i was 12 im 14 now lol nelly is gay

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2001, 05:46:12 PM »
thats hott hommie .. as snoop will say " be a leader not a faller "  u do your how shit , don't fallow the other , they like their shit u like yours . could u imagine a world where everyone would have the same hair. the same boots , the same school bag... man i got an EX hommie that was doing this  kind of shit, everytime i was buyin stuff he was buying the same exact shit. this relationship ended quick , we came near to fight at school ,  i don't even remember why , cause this nigga was a bitch , i ain't got no regrets.... it happens 2 or 3 years ago  ;D so keep goin will be my advice
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 06:54:48 PM »
I know what your sayin, bro. Keep on listenin' to real hip-hop and don't settle for that half ass BS. I've opened up alot of people's eyes and ears and got them into real hip hop and it's dope.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2001, 09:01:19 PM »

For about 4-5 years ago i was the ONLY one that listened to rap music were i live.
I live in Sweden so until 2pac dropped AEOM, people used to say: How can u listen to rap music!? That shit sux!!!
And ill guarantee you that no one that i knew have ever heard about Dr.Dre!!? ???
And kept telling everuone that Dre are the best producer ever, just listen to the chronic - and their answer was: What the fuck is the Chronic?
But i never gave up and kept on representing and finally The Chronic 2001 dropped, and everyone was like: Have you heard that this cat named Dr.Dre is releasing an soloalbum(fucking idiots thought it was his first)
After that Dre got alot of radoio air play, and now every radio station and critic gives him the props he deserves.
So my advice:
Keep representing homie.

Peace & Merry Christmas yall!
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2001, 09:35:59 PM »
Don't worry dude it happens everywhere. Around my area everyone gets hooked on some shit cuz they hear it on the raido. Take Dre as an example. He dropped the next episode as a single, then everyone is goin around sayin he's tha man. I then ask if they have heard his album and they say no, but hes still the man.. Im like What the fuck?

Then you get these fuckers who come over and diss me for listening to rap. I'll be walkin along and they'll say 'Hey what ya listening to' I'd say Eric B & Rakim or some of Tupacs older shit and they laugh...

The worst thing about it is these people who do this are into all the pop bullshit as well..  :-/

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2002, 11:56:47 AM »
it aint interesting...it's the same for everybody... diddy sounds new but he changed his name...just tell them like 'u know i like 2pac and he said puffy was a fake ass bitch nigga' and put it like this 'if u wanna listen to this new shit wit' ppl pretending to be hard u go ahead...but i am listening to true g shit by ppl who actually game from gangbanging ghettos'...the old shit is the true shit the best shit...respect...but u know everyone in my school hates all those muvafukaz and we all like the old g-funk era shit...the true shit...diidy is acting like he's new...acting like he's hard, u let them listen to ur shit and they should change their mind...plus tell them ur shit is westside bestside...and back n tha day peeps like puffy were only puttin' shit out on the east cuz it wuz nuthin but west...nuff said westside bestside!!

Instant_Killa

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2002, 05:17:30 AM »

I feel u bro....I've got the same thing goin on in school here....im 17 n most of my friends n people in school dont really know what true rap is. I mean most of them like rap, but all that they ever listen to is shit from nelly, a few songs from snoop, dre, jay n some party rap songs that they c on tv.........know wha im sayin, they dont even know or care about the other artists like "Common" n all.....When i ask ppl about what songs they listen to.....nelly n jayz is all they know...plus, they dont even understand a word in the songs...most of these folks are wanabees who think that listenning to all that shit or playing it loud in their car stereos makes them look cool or something.

U know...its always good to be yourself no matter what others may say or think about it.

Peace

jerraveli

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2002, 11:17:43 AM »
shit i remember when i was in 7th grade when i just got my snoop tape. my family had just moved to KANSAS!!! i was like fuck this place. so many people hated on me for listenin to rap. i mean literally nobody listened to that shit. but i didn't give a fuck. i stuck to what i knew was good regardless of what people said. and i turned a lot of my friends onto rap, and so many of them were like "damn i didn't know this shit was so good". point is if you really like somethin, fuck what anybody else says. don't worry about them. stay true to yourself and you'll never regret anything. peace

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2002, 12:31:46 PM »
hell yeah, that shit is normal. when i was that age thatz most of the shit i listened to, which i still listen to today. alotta the underground/independent music is alot more better than the main stream. just listen to alotta the lyrics they spit & compare them to the main stream (jay-z,nelly, etc.) and you can tell who's better.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2002, 06:30:48 PM »
yea man be urself and dont give a fuck what everyone else is listening to.