Author Topic: Al Harrington to Pacers deal is off- Lakers, Warriors, & T-Wolves=front-runners!  (Read 366 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Al Harrington Going West?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »
PG Smush Parker...Jordan Farmar/Shammond Williams
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Maurice Evans
SF Lamar Odom...Luke Walton/Devin Green
PF Al Harrington...Vladimir Radmanovic/Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown...Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum

2007 NBA All-Stars: Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Al Harrington
Regular Season MVP: Kobe Bryant
Most Improved Player of the Year: Kwame Brown
6th Man of the Year: Vladimir Radmanovic
Steal of the Draft: Jordan Farmar
Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson
GM of the Year: Mitch Kupchak (finally, no more hate!)
2007 NBA Champions: LA LAKERS

you sound like a bitch

but yes, i want harrington.

fuck mitch kupchak. jerry west was the man!

I sound like a bitch? I sound like a Laker fan, you don't. Mad homie?...I'm sure people respect me more as a Laker fan than they do your punk ass...PeACe

Wrong as usual. I'm a fan - you're a dickrider. Your lil list just proved it. Sad part is, you really believe that list would happen.

That's shit fans do, it's called optimism...I'm a fan, fans are supposed to show SUPPORT, something you NEVER do... you're just a fucking dickhead who likes the Lakers, not a true fan...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Pacers Owner Nixed Harrington Deal

By Mike Wells
Indianapolis Star-

The Atlanta Hawks plan to open negotiations with other teams for a possible sign-and-trade deal after not being able to agree with the Pacers, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
The Hawks were ready to sign Harrington to a six-year, $57 million deal, then send him and center John Edwards to the Pacers for their $7.5 million trade exception and a future first-round draft pick when Indiana owner Herb Simon nixed the deal because he didn't like the length of Harrington's contract. Simon wanted Harrington, 26, to sign a four-year deal worth about $9 million a season, and he also doesn't want Edwards, the person said.
Simon, team president Larry Bird and CEO Donnie Walsh did not return several phone messages seeking comment Friday.
The Pacers, who are trying to rebound from a disappointing season, have spent more than a month trying to work out a deal with the Hawks. The Pacers were the front-runners for Harrington, who spent his first six seasons here, but they'll have trouble getting him now. Denver and Golden State are believed to be willing to acquire Harrington for about $65 million over six years. The Los Angeles Lakers are also expected to be in the mix.
Harrington has spent the past two seasons in Atlanta, averaging 18.1 points per game.
Without Harrington, the Pacers' status in the Eastern Conference is unsettled. They have acquired eight new players this summer, but they haven't landed a player with the ability to compliment Jermaine O'Neal. They traded Ron Artest for Peja Stojakovic in January, then shipped Stojakovic to New Orleans in a sign-and-trade deal last month.
The Pacers still have trade exceptions of $7.5 million and $2.6 million, the midlevel exception of about $5.2 million and their bi-annual exception of $1.7 million to use this summer.
"We have done a lot of things to this point," Walsh said earlier this week. "We've got another month and a half until training camp, so there is plenty of time to get our roster how we want it."
Walsh also said earlier this week that they're willing to start camp with the current roster, then look to make other moves.
"Some times you have to go into training camp not having everything you want," Walsh said. "We don't normally do things that way, but that's always an option."

rik

Dude if we get Harrington that would make us legitament contenders for sure.

"THE" MoSav

Re: Al Harrington Going West?
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 07:15:58 PM »
sucks for Indiana....Im sure you Lakers would love to have him, but then again, wasnt the deal for Bynum?  Its wierd , Golden State is just one of those teams I can never see making the playoffs.

Lakers WONT give up Bynum...The trade with Indiana was gunna be for a draft pick, so I'm sure the Lakers can package something decent (ala Brian Cook, Aaron McKie, 1st pick)...I'm not counting on it, but it could work nice:

PG Smush Parker...Jordan Farmar/Shammond Williams
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Maurice Evans
SF Lamar Odom...Luke Walton/Devin Green
PF Al Harrington...Vladimir Radmanovic/Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown...Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum

2007 NBA All-Stars: Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Al Harrington
Regular Season MVP: Kobe Bryant
Most Improved Player of the Year: Kwame Brown
6th Man of the Year: Vladimir Radmanovic
Steal of the Draft: Jordan Farmar
Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson
GM of the Year: Mitch Kupchak (finally, no more hate!)
2007 NBA Champions: LA LAKERS

...Would be nice, wouldn't it?

I dont think ive ever agreed with you more then the statement i underlined.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A man can dream. ;)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Still sounds too good to be true. But it can happen.

DipsetGeneral

Well we got AL!! Wohoooo!!