Author Topic: Best Center In NBA!  (Read 1719 times)

DipsetGeneral

Re: Best Center In NBA!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 02:24:01 PM »
Id still take Shaq on my team over any other center.  JO is more of a PF/C to me anyway...Id take Dwight Howard after Shaq....Howard has a bigtime presence inside and is all over the boards. 

I agree but he is a center now so he should be considered one and JO is better than Shaq now.  So your telling me you think D. Howard is better than JO??
maybe not as polished offensively, but Id rather have Howard as my center than JO.....Im not real big on JO man, you already know that....just my opinion dude no hard feelings

Wow I understand no hard feelings and I respect your opinion but I am SHOCKED you would take Howard over O'Neal.  There is no point in arguing but I dont know anyone that would agree with that.  Howard is a lil better Defensively and on the boards but JO still averages 9-10 rebounds a game and is a great defender as well plus he is twice the offensive player Howard is.  I meen just watching the 2 play head to head shows who is better JO made Howard look like a different player when they played each other, JO consistently bullied him down low  I like Howard alot but imo he's not really close to JO's level.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »
JO vs D. Howard

interior scoring = JO>Howard
perimter scoring = JO>Howard
defense = JO>Howard
passing = JO = Howard
rebounding = Howard>JO
Intangibles = JO > Howard

PLANT

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 03:04:55 PM »
Dwight Howard is the future of big men in the NBA....The sky is really the limit for this guy, at 7'1 and hes ripped as a muthafucker....Only 20 years old.  He could become the only player ever to average 20 PPG and 20 RPG in a season.  Even tho JO is an allstar, he has never been or ever will be considered the best player at his position. 

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
Dwight Howard is the future of big men in the NBA....The sky is really the limit for this guy, at 7'1 and hes ripped as a muthafucker....Only 20 years old.  He could become the only player ever to average 20 PPG and 20 RPG in a season.  Even tho JO is an allstar, he has never been or ever will be considered the best player at his position. 

Well like I said now that JO is a center he will be considered the best player at his position.  I am sorry but hes better currently than Shaq or Yao and its OBVIOUS!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:30:58 PM by DipsetGeneral »

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »
Carlisle said today that Al will be playing the 3, and sometimes will play the 5 so JO does not have to be the center.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »
Carlisle said today that Al will be playing the 3, and sometimes will play the 5 so JO does not have to be the center.

Damn that sucks cause I want Granger to start at the 3 and Al at the 4 and Jermaine at the 5.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 10:37:35 PM »
Imo as of now the Pacers starting lineup should look like this,

pg- J. Tinsley
sg- S. Jackson
sf- D. Granger
pf- A. Harrington
c-  J. O'Neal

6th man : M. Daniels

J. Foster
Sarunas
D. Harrison
M. Baston
S. Williams
J. White
D. Armstrong
J. Powell

Nice team!

reguLAtor

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 01:05:27 AM »
WTF has the NBA come to when JO is considered a legit center?  i got love for the dude..but goddamn... putting JO in the same comapny as Wilt, Kareem, Mikan, Olajuwon and Shaq...etc... come on now.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 01:11:30 AM »
WTF has the NBA come to when JO is considered a legit center?  i got love for the dude..but goddamn... putting JO in the same comapny as Wilt, Kareem, Mikan, Olajuwon and Shaq...etc... come on now.

Dude first off I never said he was the best center of all time lol.  I just said if he plays center THIS year he would be the best center in the league and thats the truth.  Shaq isnt as good as JO anymore.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:13:13 AM by DipsetGeneral »

Cowboy

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 02:22:05 PM »
Shaq is and will be the best center till he retires and last season proved it. JO is nice though. Looks like the Pacers got a good chance this season now that they got Al Harrington back.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 05:00:02 AM »
Chris Mihm is the best C in the NBA. :P

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 07:10:07 AM »
Even if JO was playin center and was doing a great job at it I would never call him the best center in the league, he just doesn't have that center aura you need to be considered a real center to me. I would never call Duncan the best center either.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 07:11:44 AM by 7even Denjin Hadouken Master »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »
When JO is healthy is a top ten player and anybody that cant see that hasnt been watchin the NBA hard enough. But last year what did he play 42 games or something? Hes gotta improve that...if he keeps getting hurt hes just gonna decline, and maybe never reach his potential, hopefully JO hasnt already peaked...

The Best of 3 Worlds

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
When JO is healthy is a top ten player and anybody that cant see that hasnt been watchin the NBA hard enough. But last year what did he play 42 games or something? Hes gotta improve that...if he keeps getting hurt hes just gonna decline, and maybe never reach his potential, hopefully JO hasnt already peaked...

I agree completely.  He has to stay healthy this year.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »
Jermaine O'Neal! Well its official w/ the addition of Harrington that JO will play center for the Pacers next year, this should now meen he will be referred to as the best center in the league! Yao is close but Jermaine is now clearly the best,

top 5 centers in league as of now

1. Jermaine O'Neal
2. Yao Ming
3. Ben Wallace
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Brad Miller

are you kidding me?  yao is softer than the bitch leaving across the street from you.  id replace him with Dwight Howard or somebody of that nature.

Sorry, off topic. Where are you from? Interesting sig. You from the pacific?