Author Topic: Talib Kweli talks on Eardrum  (Read 168 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Talib Kweli talks on Eardrum
« on: August 26, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »
http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6046

Talib Kweli Talks New Album 'Ear Drum'
By Nolan Strong and Abe Maldonado
Date: 8/21/2006 6:00 pm

Brooklyn bred rapper Talib Kweli is preparing to release Ear Drum, which is the follow-up to 2004's critically acclaimed release Beautiful Struggle.

The album is being released on Kweli's own imprint Blacksmith Music Corporation, which is distributed by Warner Bros. Records.

"This record [Ear Drum], I just tried to make it about the sounds and about how the sounds hit your ear," Kweli told AllHipHop.com. "The other records I’ve done, I’ve wanted to create certain types of songs, songs that I had in my head. On this one, the music sort of dictated where the songs went."

Ear Drum features production from Hi-Tek, Rick Rubin, Mad Lib, Kanye West and guest appearances from Norah Jones, UGK, Sizzla, Jean Grae and others.

"Nora Jones—that record is done and is definitely gonna be on my album," Kweli said. "Mad Lib did the beat. I don’t care what kind of music you do. Artists can’t be in no boxes; we can’t have limitations. I tried to heighten my whole career like that."

Ear Drum hits stores on Oct. 10. Kweli's Blacksmith Music Corporation is also preparing releases from Jean Grae and Xzibit's Cali-based group, Strong Arm Steady.

I'm really looking forward to this big time, think this could be a return to form for Kwa.

Don Breezio

Re: Talib Kweli talks on Eardrum
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:12:01 PM »
that track with norah jones will probably be sick

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 02:55:35 AM »
Hell yeah!!... uuh and some madlib production.. nice

fptz

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 05:26:40 AM »
this truly does look promising, especially to see him hooking up with norah jones, jean grae and madlib. even though the album wont sell for shit, itll still be some good music. kweli knows this.

peace

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 07:07:22 AM »
Hotness.  Thought it was coming out September 12th.  Oh well, gives him more time to perfect it.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

rik

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »
I can't wait for this. He needs to hook up with Quik again though. "Put It In the Air" was straight piff.

Throwback

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:20:04 AM »
jean grae (L)

Diabolical

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
I can't wait to hear it, Listen is dope as fuck.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:24:47 PM »
hmm how come I thought the title was gonna be different I dont like the title Ear Drum... bleh, it'll be sick one of the few albums I was anticipating this year

-KIDRENEGADE-

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 05:05:45 PM »
this sounds very good, love the fact that hi-tek is back on the production because both tek & talib have good chemistry together.. The track "listen" was really good and hopefully the whole album flows that way :)

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »
I can't wait to hear what the Rick Rubin track is going sound like. Nothing but good stuff comes from Talib.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 10:34:55 PM »
fuck i cannot wait for this