Author Topic: Why was it ok for Snoop to name drop Dre, DPG, and DR on doggystyle but...  (Read 1236 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You seem to be missing that Snoop never name drops the same stuff everysong like Game, sure he name dropped Dre but not every track.

GAME NAME DROPS MORE

that's why he gets called out on it, simple

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Who cares about this seriously. To tell you the truth thats what i kinda liked that about game how he uses names to rap.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Neither Eminem or Snoop Dogg name drops to the extent The Game does, saying they do is idiocy. Nobody is denying that other rappers name drop, it's just that Game does it more and seems to do just for the sake of doing it. For example everybody knows Game was/is affiliated with Dre so he has no need to mention Dre on every track he does, Game is just very uncreative in his lyrics.

everyone knows that snoop is affilated with dpg, dre and Dr.. there was no need for him to do it on every song..

and the same goes for eminem and his 'issue' dropping.. we know he doesnt like kim, we know he doesn't like his mom, we know who hallie is, we know that he does drugs, we know that 'dre sent him'.. lol.. and we know that he doesn't like britney spears.

if you don't agree with my statement, then its fine.. but no need to refer to it as idiocy... i mean.. we can always just prove our points by pulling up snoops and eminem's lyrics and ctrl + f and type in the keywords that you find repetiviely in their lyrics..

maybe you should do that first before you consider something idiocy.. ;)

I see it like this.....

1. Snoop, Em, and no one else really name drop names as much as Game, and when they do, it's not for the same purpose......As said before, Game does it in overdone attempts to appeal to other regions and to kiss up to certain artists....to the point that it's laughable when he disses these same artists later on.

2. Snoop came out in 1993, when rap was a whole lot different, and he wasn't comin out droppin names to say "I'm as good as/better than Rakim, Eazy, Cube, etc. etc. etc."...he was droppin names of people who he worked with, and with Snoop, no one ever cared much about what he said. It was all about his style, delivery, flow, voice, and personality. With Game, he is aiming to be respected as a top lyricist, and always mentions how he wants to be a legend and how he is the best rapper out....but he doesn't do much to prove that when he just name drops over and over and over and over.

3. Snoop name dropped people he was cool with as we have said 100 times.....but I don't think it has sunk in to some of y'all yet.....it is a MAJOR difference to drop these names, versus dropping names of people you've never met, and names of people who don't even like you (Jay-Z). Along with that, when Snoop was name dropping labels and west coast related items, it was back when these items were first becoming famous, and his name dropping made them famous. Nobody was really rappin about Lowriders, chucks, or weed like Snoop was before he dropped...he made those items be seen as west coast items you know? So with Game, it was definitely a good idea to remind people that these things are related to the west coast.......but he does it over, and over, and over....and over, and over....and over...a....n..d...o..veeer.........to the point that he does it a LOT more than Snoop ever did!

4. Game doesn't stay on topic nearly as much, and he will seemingly name drop whenever he is stuck....and damn, thinkin about it, I just don't see how you can even compare Snoop's name dropping to Game's, especially when you compare their singles. Look at Gin and Juice, then look at Murder was the case....these songs had specific topics, and he didn't mention anything that threw these songs off.....when he mentioned Dre's name, it fit perfect....."Dre got some bitches from the city of Compton".....and Dre made the beat, so it just worked. But listen to "Hate it or love it", and see how much more off topic Game is compared to 50 Cent.....then listen to Dreams, and see how he kept referencing other producers and artists he had never met.....then listen to "Put u on the game" and see how he still continued to reference to these artists he never met............now, am I really saying that this is a problem? Honestly, it didn't bother me much, but I can see why it did annoy people. But now we are seeing that Game has a new single, One Blood, and he is STILL using the same exact techniques of dropping these names and making himself sound like he is as important and as dope as these legends!! That there is where the problem is!!!

So overall.........to summarize the difference, Snoop was more on some "I got Dre in the back, we sippin on a 40 in our low low, with DPG on the side"......when Game is more "I am in my cherry red impala, I'm a blood, I am the next Pac/Big/Jay/Cube/Nas, this album you are listening to is as good as Doggystyle Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt", which is a major difference to me.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
im not going to quote you to save space.

your 'analysis' of game's lyrics/reasoning doesn't match up to the actual lyrics. I understand the point you are trying to make, but if i was a newbie to rap and i pulled up game's lyrics on the web, it doesn't match your point.

1. The issue isn't narrowed to 'name dropping'. this isn't a game to compare who game worked with to who he shouts out. So stop trying to twist it that way. The issue is using a 'formula' way of creating lyrics to sell records. My point is that Snoop and Eminem (both artists that came under Dre's wing) used a certain 'formula' to writing their lyrics. They said the same things in their records to appeal to the masses. Go listen to "gin and juice" and "Whats my name".. in fact go listen to the whole album. Snoop lyrics are formulated the same way. He name drops, he talks about the same 6-4s, the same drugs, the same guns, his n-u-ts,. The only songs he didn't stick to the formula were the ones he completly bit from other artists 'lodi dodi'.

He couldn't do the same thing for DoggFather and so he had to change his formula... Hence is why people say Snoop's style and flow has fallen off... Do you think it was a mere coincidence when people said that Snoop's lyrics and flow weren't good when Dre left him?

2. Eminem did the same thing. By the time his first album was done, the whole world knew he hated his wife, hates his mother, has a daughter named hallie, does drugs and oh yea, Dre does his beats.. The second album was more of the same.. but ya'll loved it and bought it. Infact, there is a skit on the album that pokes fun of it... Do you remember the skit?

Now that eminem isn't hating on his mother, killing his wife, doing drugs and relying on dre's beats his music seem to fallen off. do you think it is a coincidence?

3. Game is just following the same formula. Considering that 50 Cent and Game acknowledge that 50 wrote the songs you've noted, it seems that they know the formula and know it works well.. which is why they are in the business and we aint.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
but its not ok for Game to do the same on The Documentary?

I think its kinda funny how ya'll criticize Game for name dropping when it isn't a new fad for a rapper working for Dre.

first of all, Doc and Doggstyle shouldn't even be mentioned together

and Snoop mentions there names once in a while, but Game name drops every line so he sounds more important

why does Game need to drop Dre's name every 13 seconds?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well Snoop's and Eminem's "formula" was way more fucking creative than what the Game is doign right now. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Can you please STOP comparing Game to 93 Snoop

PLANT

I dont understand why Game has to talk about Jay Z, Nas, Beyonce, Pac, Dre and whoever else in every song......Like you guys already said, the people Snoop talks about are his boys and the dudes hes hanging with and making records with....Snoop aint dropping names just to get attention and create controversy

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
I think you have to look at who is rapping.

Jayceon Taylor is "The Game" so I mean that is his so called gimmick on the mic. His lyrics are, for the most part, about the rap game and the people involved in it.

I think the bottom line is to stop over analyzing this shit. Think about whether you like the music or not, then move on.

Oh and to that person who said that MOP, Havoc, 50 and all those G-Unit cats are lyrically better than Game...you are seriously kidding yourself.

DipsetGeneral

Lol at people saying dont compare Snoop to Game, if anything that comparison isnt fair to Game

Right now, Game > Snoop EASILY

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol at people saying dont compare Snoop to Game, if anything that comparison isnt fair to Game

People are referring to the Doggystle Snoop vs the current Game.  Don't disrespect Snoop please

PLANT

People are referring to the Doggystle Snoop vs the current Game.  Don't disrespect Snoop please
look at his top 5 rappers...Im not suprised at his comments.....He just doesnt realize, due mostly to the fact he was prolly only a 2 year old when Doggystyle came out

DipsetGeneral

look at his top 5 rappers...Im not suprised at his comments.....He just doesnt realize, due mostly to the fact he was prolly only a 2 year old when Doggystyle came out

HAHAHAHAHAHAH ya'll are some hatin faggots.  Listen to Budden before you disrespect him. LOL Plant at you sucking Kurupt and Snoop's dick but making fun of Ya Boy and Yukmouth HAHAHAHAHA.  Have you ever heard Ya Boy spit before?  And laughing at Cassidy hahaha!  Dude dont get fooled by "Hotel"  Cass has skills all over the place.  And how many rappers are 5 out of 5 in making dope records like Cam??  You dont even listen to these rappers so you have NO ROOM TO TALK!  I listen to everything DPG releases so when I say its ass its cause I ACTUALLY LISTENED TO IT.  Grow up Plant there are other rappers besides Snoop and Cube, sorry homie its not 1995 anymore, and no matter how hard you try it aint gonna be 1995 ever again, DEAL WITH IT!

PLANT

HAHAHAHAHAHAH ya'll are some hatin faggots.  Listen to Budden before you disrespect him. LOL Plant at you sucking Kurupt and Snoop's dick but making fun of Ya Boy and Yukmouth HAHAHAHAHA.  Have you ever heard Ya Boy spit before?  And laughing at Cassidy hahaha!  Dude dont get fooled by "Hotel"  Cass has skills all over the place.  And how many rappers are 5 out of 5 in making dope records like Cam??  You dont even listen to these rappers so you have NO ROOM TO TALK!  I listen to everything DPG releases so when I say its ass its cause I ACTUALLY LISTENED TO IT.  Grow up Plant there are other rappers besides Snoop and Cube, sorry homie its not 1995 anymore, and no matter how hard you try it aint gonna be 1995 ever again, DEAL WITH IT!
sorry homeboy, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings :-*

BTW, I been bumping Ya Boy all the time lately, I have a copy of Rookie of the Year, I have 3 Camron albums and Cassidys album, so dont try and act like I dont listen to music.....I guarantee you I listen to more shit than youve ever heard of, including rap and non-rap.  And Im sure I speak for the rest of DubCC when I say that Joe Buddens, Cassidy, Ya Boy, Yukmouth and Camron ARE NOT the top 5 rappers out there LMAO

DipsetGeneral

sorry homeboy, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings :-*

BTW, I been bumping Ya Boy all the time lately, I have a copy of Rookie of the Year, I have 3 Camron albums and Cassidys album, so dont try and act like I dont listen to music.....I guarantee you I listen to more shit than youve ever heard of, including rap and non-rap.  And Im sure I speak for the rest of DubCC when I say that Joe Buddens, Cassidy, Ya Boy, Yukmouth and Camron ARE NOT the top 5 rappers out there LMAO

Again its all OPINIONS!! The only rappers that can fuck w/ those 5 right now are  Sly Boogy, Chino XL, and Crooked I!  AND THATS IT! Well J.R Writer is great to :P