Author Topic: Big Syke Interview from MrMakaveli.net  (Read 281 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Big Syke Interview from MrMakaveli.net
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »
MrMakaveli.net Presents: Big Syke Interview (Part 1)

The life story of many Hip-Hop artists is one of sour, angry disparaging, somewhat predatory beings, with both a passion and a vengeance for living and dying. The constituents of this genre have evolved from an innocuous unified entity to a grandstanding, capitalist legitimate force.

Big Syke has actually lived the life on the streets that many Hip-Hop artists fabricate in the studio. A native of Inglewood, California, Syke subscribes to the notion that only boys feel the need to advertise. Similarly, he has created a career that benefits, not depends, on his experiences with "Thug Life." Big Syke has undergone many life-altering transformations - beginning with his moniker. In the early days, he was referred to as "Little Psycho.

After the word "Little" was dropped and he became known as simply, "Syke," he quickly grew into the statuesque stallion he is today. In 1990 he formed the unknown group, "Evil Mind Gangstas." In keeping with his tendency to launch rather than follow trends, the group's concept of "Thug Life" was born before it was fashionable to rap about it. The album was called "all Hell Breakin' Loose," and was 'slung' (a.k.a. - sold) via a non-traditional grassroots method, otherwise known as the back of Syke's car! Soon afterward, Syke met and formed a life-long friendship with Tupac in 1992. The two Hip-Hop mavericks began to develop an unparalleled rapport, and immediately got in the studio to record some of Tupac's hits. Among them, "Picture Me Rollin'," "All Eyez on Me," "How Long Will They Mourn Me?" and "Bury Me A G," and many, many more. Syke began and rarely left his side - except when trouble arose. Syas Syke, "God always kept me out of the line of fire - so to speak. Whenever Tupac was about to get in trouble, I always managed to be in the right place at the right time. I should've been in Atlanta when he shot the cop, and I shouldve been in Vegas when he got shot." All of that, and he never even had a record deal. However, prior to Tupac's death, Syke was slated to be the first artist signed to Makaveli Records. Timing is everything. A rapper with nine lives? The official spokesperson for reincarnation? Probably not, but Syke has certainly saved himself from his environment by making a practice of always listening to his instincts.

It is those same gut feeling that enabled him to creatively collaborate with Tupac. In working with the sometimes volatile artist, Syke recalls one of his more vivid memories: "We were in LA, and 'Pac told me that if he got pulled over one more time by the police, he was going to jum out bustin' his piece. Being the voice of reason, I told him to chill out and keep his head. Soon after that, he got arrested for shooting the cop in Atlanta. I was definitely his anchor - his foundation. He came to me for advice."

Interview.....

MrMakaveli.net: Can you let us know what Big Syke has been up to and what we can expect you to hit us up with in the near futures?

Big Syke: I Just been makin music I put out 4 solo CD's and THUG LAW 1 and 2, I have the THUG LAW Chapter3 Comin out soon I have a mix tape dropin in a month or two and two solo CD's Black Thunder and The Birth of Mussulini due out next year

MrMakaveli.net: Recently we heard your new solo track "Slide" and you're also featured on Bigg Steele album "Cereal & Water" on the song "The Wire". Are there any projects album/mixtape or others guest appearences we should be looking out for?

Big Syke: Yeah I have a CD comin out with some cats i been workin with Alabamba Ju, V-Boo and LiL Chestnut Thats hard as hell

MrMakaveli.net: Who were killa b, and man man? Thug Life members or affiliates? Any information on those guys would be apprecaited

Big Syke: Killa B and Man Man was THUG LIFE we all was cause we was LIVIN IT They from the BAY area

MrMakaveli.net: Evil Mind consisted of you (as lil psycho killa), mental illness, and domino. Was kato involved?

Big Syke: Yeah BIG KATO help me fund the project and my little Brother DJ Chainsaw

MrMakaveli.net: How did you hook up with Johnny J to complete the evil mind album?

Big Syke: I meet him through TODDY T

MrMakaveli.net: Is it true that you will be re-releasing Evil Mind? If so any idea of time scale?

Big Syke: Yeah the middle of next year

MrMakaveli.net: Can you tell us if any of the original Thug Life members (when you introduced yourself as Syke O Maniac - I believe) recorded any songs with yourself and 2Pac? If so can you let us know 1 or 2 titles of the tracks you did together?

Big Syke:
- The Cradle to the Grave
- Shit Dont stop
- How Long Will the MOurn me

MrMakaveli.net: The thug life lp was changed a bit before release largely due to the climate of hip hop and how major labels felt that hip hop walked the lines of decency. apart from the madukey remix of cradle to the grave, what other changes can you tell us about?

Big Syke:Maybe 3 of the OG songs made the CD Interscope didnt want the CD to do the CD so PAC did it on his own then they wanted to make it like a group so thats how it came out

MrMakaveli.net: Can you name 'any' of the tracks cut from the original Thug Life project for us? We are guessing "Out On Bail" is one of those?

Big Syke:
- I'm Losin it
- Thug Life
- Iz It Cool To Fuck

MrMakaveli.net: str8 ballin is the same song lyrically as gettin' money. which came first? and was it just a matter of finally finding a beat (like warren g's) that captured where pac wanted to go with the song?

Big Syke: Gettin' That Money Came first Pac would always do the same vocals on another beat

MrMakaveli.net: During the thug life sessions there was an unknown female rapper who performed a female version of fake ass bitches. was that yanni, or do you know who it was?

Big Syke: Yeah That was My Girl Yanni

MrMakaveli.net: In a 2Pac documentary you mentioned your first Thug Life song was a track called 'Thug Life'. A track by this title is going around that features the young outlaw members and Pac on the outro, but not you. Is there another 'Thug Life' song and can you tell us about it?

Big Syke: Itz not that song you heard, It was the first song for the THUG LIFE project

MrMakaveli.net: It seems like pac's friendship with you was a very heavy influence on the direction he pursued in his music - ultimately leading to his death row persona. he used a lot of evil mind samples and concepts in his music throughout his career as well. how did you link up with pac in the first place? ...and how did you all get so tight?

Big Syke: I meet him through my friend SERG, SERG cuzin was his manager at the time, We got tight from hangin around each other so much

MrMakaveli.net: Can you remember the last recording session you did with Pac? If so can you let us know the time frame of when it was (sept 96?) and what songs were recorded?

Big Syke: I dont remember

MrMakaveli.net: Do you know anything of the rumours that 2Pac was to leave Deathrow records? Did Pac say anything to you concerning this?

Big Syke: Not that i can recall

MrMakaveli.net: You never signed to death row, which is surprising to a lot of people since you were clearly there a lot and recorded a lot of tracks. Rumor has it that pac told you not to sign. what's the real story?

Big Syke: Sorta

MrMakaveli.net: Can you give us any information about 2Pacs project 'Makaveli records'?

Big Syke: I was gonna be the first Artist on Makaveli Records then the OUTLAWZ

MrMakaveli.net: A lot of controversey surrounds this, and you'd be the best person to give the final answer... when you are removed from a song as an original collaborating artist, does amaru or death row still pay you royalties for your work?

Big Syke: Fa Show

MrMakaveli.net: Any plans on more thuglaw, thug life reunion albums? anything recorded before mack was locked up?

Big Syke: Yeah and Mack iz out RATED R iz in now

MrMakaveli.net: What are your honest thoughts about what was done to hennessey on lttg (your lttg remix verse was hotness btw)?

Big Syke: Anything that moms like I love the fans didnt like it though

MrMakaveli.net: Can you give us a little information about the new upcoming 2Pac album coming out later this year? Will you be making an appearence on it?

Big Syke: I hope so itz in the makin

MrMakaveli.net: Daz Dillinger has been saying he has been asked by Amaru Records to appear on the upcoming 2Pac album and has been working this that team. Can you give us a simple yes or no if this is true?

Big Syke: Maybe

MrMakaveli.net: We have so many questions and many that I havent presented here due to I know your time being short. Would it be cool if I hit you up again with the remaining questions that our Big Syke fans are desperate to know!?

Big Syke: Fa show

MrMakaveli.net: Finally, is there anything you would like to add or tell the Big Syke, Thug Life and 2Pac fans?

Big Syke: Thanks for all the LOVE yall give me PAC and the THUG LIFE OUTLAWZ

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Big Syke Interview from MrMakaveli.net
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »
Propz! Good Interview.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:45:36 PM »
I was hoping for more talk about his situation with Treacherous Records & more info on that Black Thunder LP.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 01:04:55 AM »
"screamin´evil mind as i gunnin´"

Mygla

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »
horrible interview... mostly because of Syke...

BG Dresta

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »
He gives the shortest answers

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »
horrible interview... mostly because of Syke...
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 09:51:02 PM »
He gives the shortest answers

AGREES 99.9% THAT WAS A HORRIBLE INTERVIEW

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »
Yeah Syke comes off as a moron in this interview, he's got nothing on Mack10 though, that guy should never be interviewed such a waste of time he is the worst interviewee ever!

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 09:42:20 AM »
Yeah Syke comes off as a moron in this interview, he's got nothing on Mack10 though, that guy should never be interviewed such a waste of time he is the worst interviewee ever!

my bad, did I miss something? what's up with the comparision to mack 10? did they beef or something?

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »

my bad, did I miss something? what's up with the comparision to mack 10? did they beef or something?

no not at all, I just thought about Mack when I read this cause like Syke he is also a terrible person to interview.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 01:05:38 PM »
yea, Mack does pretty bad interviews too.