Author Topic: For CWalker, who I've seen post in the Hip-Hop section, yet hate on Latinos.  (Read 1096 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

This country sems to ge crazier and crazier with each passing day. This latest onslaught comes from talk show host Pat Buchannon who finds a way to blame Hip Hop fo th reasons Latins have not quite assimilated....This is a good example of lunacy gone wild... If you feel like respondeing, please post up on my blog at Davey D's Blog

Buchanan: Hispanic Immigrants Not Assimilating Into America Because They Embrace Rap Culture.

The media is lavishing attention on Pat Buchanan and his new book that argues that whites are the only race with the genetic endowments to prevent America from collapsing.

Yesterday on Hannity and Colmes, Pat Buchanan asserted that Hispanic immigrants were not assimilated into America because they were adopting rap culture. Watch it:

Rap music, according to the U.S. State Department, is an original American art form. It has its roots, however, in African-American culture, not white culture. For Buchanan, apparently, that means its un-American.

Digg It!

Transcript:

BECKEL: Pat, you say in the Hispanic culture in the Southwest it is a culture that will take over the Southwest and essentially make the Southwest of the United States part of America but not really part of America. Let me ask you this the Irish and Italian came to New York and brought their culture here. Eastern Europeans went to the north-northwest part of the Midwest, the Germans and Scottish went to the Appalachians and brought their culture with them. Whats different?

BUCHANAN: One thing thats different in the year 2050 there will be 102 million people of Hispanic descent, primarily Mexican, wholly concentrated in the American Southwest. Thats one thing. The second thing is Mexicans, unlike Irish or German folks, never claimed America as their country. They owned it. 58% of Mexicans believe the southwest belongs to them. The third thing is, they were assimilated. There powerful assimilation movement in this country that does not exist right now and in so the point of the thing is, they are not assimilated into America. Many Hispanics, as a matter of fact, you know what culture they are assimilating to? the rap culture, the crime culture, anti-cops, all the rest of it.

J Bananas

everybody hates mexicans, i cant even choose which ethnicity hates them the most because ive heard the rants from everyone. are you trying to attack cwalker, pat buchanan, or convince us mexicans are higher on the tier of acceptance in hip hop than whites? speak ingles goddamnit orale!

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What is Buchannan saying that is not true?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:57:07 PM by Real American »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If you're feeling the Hip-Hop culture, you're not really an American.  Got it. 

Narrator

Was it Buchannan saying that is not true?

More like...what he is NOT saying.

Why is that whenever devils...err, white conservatives...criticize hip-hop culture, they always talk about it like it's only blacks who embrace it?  They act as if 80% of hip-hop record sales aren't to white teenagers in the suburbs.  If white kids are also embracing hip-hop culture (and dig the gangster image) in such large numbers, what does that say about them?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Was it Buchannan saying that is not true?

More like...what he is NOT saying.

Why is that whenever devils...err, white conservatives...criticize hip-hop culture, they always talk about it like it's only blacks who embrace it?  They act as if 80% of hip-hop record sales aren't to white teenagers in the suburbs.  If white kids are also embracing hip-hop culture (and dig the gangster image) in such large numbers, what does that say about them?

They're not true americans. 

J Bananas

lol at you guys trying to make points with your funny wording. I am a true American, I love hip hop, I hate the government. thats 80% of white kids for ya

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol at you guys trying to make points with your funny wording. I am a true American, I love hip hop, I hate the government. thats 80% of white kids for ya

How about you join us in laughing at Pat then. 

J Bananas

How about you join us in laughing at Pat then. 

well, since you said so, muahaha pat buchanan is like a paranoid white ras kass, this guys all washed up about American culture, afraid its gonna decline with the increasing blending of races, what a jerk off. im looking forward to it because that just means more and more beautiful babies with nice genes....we just gotta do something about the fact that a lot of beautiful breeders are dumb

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Why is that whenever devils...err, white conservatives...criticize hip-hop culture, they always talk about it like it's only blacks who embrace it?  They act as if 80% of hip-hop record sales aren't to white teenagers in the suburbs.  If white kids are also embracing hip-hop culture (and dig the gangster image) in such large numbers, what does that say about them?

Are you going to sit there and deny that hip hop puts out horrible imagery for young, impressionable children? The sex, violence, misogeny, drugs, contempt for authority......you think that is good for kids?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:06:42 PM by Real American »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Why is that whenever devils...err, white conservatives...criticize hip-hop culture, they always talk about it like it's only blacks who embrace it?  They act as if 80% of hip-hop record sales aren't to white teenagers in the suburbs.  If white kids are also embracing hip-hop culture (and dig the gangster image) in such large numbers, what does that say about them?

Are you going to sit there and deny that hip hop puts out horrible imagery for young, impressionable children? The sex, violence, misogeny, drugs, content for authority......you think that is good for kids?

What does any of that have to do with kids? Pat Buchanan is talking about American Culture vs Hip Hop Culture. 

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What does any of that have to do with kids? Pat Buchanan is talking about American Culture vs Hip Hop Culture. 

Hiop hop culture is the lowest form of American culture. Unfortunately hip hop is very popular and is undermining traditional American values.

Narrator

Are you going to sit there and deny that hip hop puts out horrible imagery for young, impressionable children? The sex, violence, misogeny, drugs, contempt for authority......you think that is good for kids?

That's beside the point, which obviously went over your head.

Hiop hop culture is the lowest form of American culture. Unfortunately hip hop is very popular and is undermining traditional American values.

And yet you listen to it.  Why is that?  You have yet to answer that question even though I have asked you repeatedly.  Don't be dodgy this time.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Actually the reason these conservatives go crazy over hip hop is because white people are embracing it. Back in the day when hip hop was geared only towards Blacks you didn't see as many conservatives talking about it. Then in the late 80's when it became more and more popular they went crazy when white kids were buying The Chronic and such.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

And yet you listen to it.  Why is that?  You have yet to answer that question even though I have asked you repeatedly.  Don't be dodgy this time.

White kids are the ones who buy the biggest share of rap music. I don't think anyone is going to deny that.