Author Topic: Vato is a horrible first single  (Read 772 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Vato is a horrible first single
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 05:10:50 AM »
That's the dopest Snoop single for a while..  don't know the reason of this thread

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 05:34:09 AM »
I think it's a dope ass single
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Chewee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 05:40:14 AM »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 06:14:56 AM »
damn, it AUGUST, and the album comes out in Nov.

so this is his street single, when he drops his main single around late Sept. and it's more pop will you all be happy?  ::)
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »
^^^ yep co sign probably with Brandy on it  :-X

Suga Foot

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 08:23:58 AM »
I haven't listened to the song more than 5 times since it came out.  I'm not really feelin it.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 08:34:13 AM »
I like it, but mates of mine dun.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:12:38 AM »
agreed, that chorus has gotta be the lamest shit, I shake my head when I hear it.... annoying

the beat is okay, the fact that Snoop is relying on Pharrell for a west coast record and a single again, it's kind of annoying as well

I think he thinks it will work, but if "Candy" is on that cd and Pharrell handling most production..

I don't know about you guys or whatever, but that shit doesn't fly with me....

and I don't have any friends into music as much as I am, and I know that shit doesn't fly with anyone else either

people I've heard from don't like this shit.... his lyrics seem to have gotten a little better as of late tho, but that's obvious with the timing

Thing is, as far as I can tell Snoop isn't relying on Pharrell to give him a "west coast record". He's relying on Pharrell to give him a hit, plain and simple. I doubt he cares if it sounds West Coast, so long as it breaks the charts. "Beautiful" and "Drop It Like It's Hot" were Snoop's biggest singles in years, with neither sounding particularly like a typical Snoop Dogg track, so it's no mistake that he's gone back to The Neptunes for the first single for this album. If the formula ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for the chorus, I enjoyed it when Pharrell was on there. In fact, I don't even have the version with B-Real downloaded. He added nothing there, as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, I wouldn't read too much into "Candy" being on there. Seems like every rap album on there has to have at least one track catered to the clubs. Let's just hope that that is the only one, since normally Snoop tends to keep those kind of cuts to a minimum.

I have high hopes for this album. My personal prediction is that it will slightly less than "R&G" overall, but will deliver quality-wise. If it sells even better, great, but I can't see "Vato" blowing in the same way that "Drop It..." did. With Pharrell absent vocally, it loses some 'chick appeal'.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

WestCoasta

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »
^^^ trust me, he's relying on Pharrell for help, 2 times in a row proves it

I doubt he cares if it sounds West Coast
if so then he just lied to everybody in his recent interview

I'm a Snoop fan, I'm just sayin..... seems like the script gets flipped a lot, that's all

we'll see tho, hopefully I eat my words

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 11:19:34 AM »
Snoop ALWAYS picks wierd singles other than his Death Row stuff. That is a known fact. Tha Last Meal is a example. Snoop Dogg I could not stand that song. 2nd single? Law Low. His 2nd and 3rd singles end up being stronger than the 1st so this ain't no different.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »
The song is pretty tight, but B-Real should be deleted off the track. That "pack of guys" shit is hella corny. He should put a real 'Ese on there like Lil Rob. Even Frost woulda been a G move.

www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

$Eg2$

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 12:29:04 PM »
The song is pretty tight, but B-Real should be deleted off the track. That "pack of guys" shit is hella corny. He should put a real 'Ese on there like Lil Rob. Even Frost woulda been a G move.

www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

LOL @ Frost rapin on anybody shit I think Lil Rob iz Garrbage too

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »
The song is tight, which is exactly why it won't sell. It is too gangsta to get any airplay.

TuSlic

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »
ya'll ma fuckaz need to stop cryin and shit, niggaz was hatin on vato cuz pharrel was doin the hook, shit was soundin nice then but they fucked it up with b real and cats still aint happy.  This one of the best snoop songs since his shit on last meal, but ma fuckaz to worried about being offended and shit.

BL7

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »
the song is catchy.....that fuckin chorus gets in your head for hours...I think the video is gonna be good, so hopefully it does well.......at least snoop stepped his rap game up for this track and hopefully this album....you guys always find something to be negative about.......i think snoop could make a perfect track with dr dre and you guys would still find something to bitch about

True. A few people get on here just to stir up some shit, but whatever. I like the song a lot, and I hope it does well.