Author Topic: Violence as entertainment  (Read 775 times)

AndrE16686

Violence as entertainment
« on: August 30, 2006, 02:05:28 AM »
violence is fuckin entertaining! As a youngin my dad hated me watchin violent stuff, even power rangers he had issues with. But now all my favourite games gotta have killin. been playin hitman: blood money. fuckin enjoyable you can straight massacre hundreds of people, watch as the blood oozes out of a body, or you can get inventive and try to make it look like a suicide. All this bullshit about censorship in games, it an't nuthin but entertainment. It dosn't desensitize you, show me a real dude gettin his dome split and you feel the revoltion in your soul. Who the fuck does not enjoy violence I ask you? Bring back the Roman Colleseum!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:56:25 AM by YGZ-ZUSS Tha Hutt »

Sikotic™

Re: Violence as entertainment
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 02:52:19 AM »
I've always been a fan of violence. Violent movies, violent music, boxing, MMA, etc. The funny thing is, I'm not a violent person. I've never hit someone that didn't hit me first. It's the idiots out there that are foolish enough to imitate everything they see that blame violence they  see instead of themselves. They're stupid regardless, censorship isn't gonna stop them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:58:18 AM »
I've always been a fan of violence. Violent movies, violent music, boxing, MMA, etc. The funny thing is, I'm not a violent person. I've never hit someone that didn't hit me first. It's the idiots out there that are foolish enough to imitate everything they see that blame violence they  see instead of themselves. They're stupid regardless, censorship isn't gonna stop them.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:06 AM »
what Dub said is on some real shit.

WC:
Because if I got more influence over your child in three minutes of conversation, than you do in the whole thirteen years of living with a nigga before he's able to go wild with it, shit then it's something wrong with your household.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 08:17:42 PM »
As a youngin my dad hated me watchin violent stuff, even power rangers he had issues with.

LMAO...It's like he WANTED you to be gay... :-\

AndrE16686

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 11:13:49 PM »
As a youngin my dad hated me watchin violent stuff, even power rangers he had issues with.

well I understand now that he just didn't want me growing up too quick. He had no problems wit taking me out to a farm and watching the fucken cows get slaughtered or watching his farming buddies cut the head off a chicken, seeing violence in its necessary setting. Rather seeing it as entertainment.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »

well I understand now that he just didn't want me growing up too quick. He had no problems wit taking me out to a farm and watching the fucken cows get slaughtered or watching his farming buddies cut the head off a chicken, seeing violence in its necessary setting. Rather seeing it as entertainment.

yeah thats real shit, i wouldnt want my son watching a bunch of violent shit either, atleast before he sees what real violence and terror is.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 11:27:47 PM »

lmao +1

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 11:28:16 PM »

Realest Thing Ever Written

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »

yeah thats real shit, i wouldnt want my son watching a bunch of violent shit either, atleast before he sees what real violence and terror is.

Still, it's "Power Rangers" dude... keeping your son from watching "Power Rangers" is not exactly normal. What you want him to do, play with Barbies? Come on now, who the fuck considers that shit a "violent" show anyways? :laugh:

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »
That's not too bad. I've heard of some kids not being able to watch the news.

Violence is a part of life so I don't see why any parent should be hiding it. The whole deal about keeping your child from excessive violence isn't a bad idea either because violence does affect everyone differently, and who knows how your child will react to it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 10:55:27 PM »
You dun want to expose the little ones to extreme violence as it will influence them in some way.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 05:35:35 AM »
I play all kinds of computer games while my 5 year old nephew is watchin, I feel bad now.  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 06:52:55 AM »

I agree with what has been said there is something just very compelling about violence as a form of entertainment, the entertainment is a form of escapism I guess. That is why so many people have purchased games like san andreas. I also do not agree that such games have desensitised people to violence like the other person on here I to am not a violent person and will only fight when the first punch is thrown at me. I still hate to see someone really badly injured it still strikes me with sickness and discomfort. However, that isnt the real issue here, I think from the age of young adulthood onwards, you are able to handle the graphic portrayal of violence, the problem occurs as far as im concerned, when young children are able to view and play on such games. However that issue is one which needs to be addressed by the parents and it's imperative that adults are responsible and do not purchase such unsuitable games for kids.

Also of course I find it disgusting that games should be lambasted to such an extent when if we go go back to the iraq war, I don't know if you guys remember the coverage of it, but certainly over here it was being broadcast for several hours a day and was in effect being turned into a new reality show. The viewer was seeing all of these brillient explosions, lighting up the night sky, rockets flying towards their targets and the constant crackle of gunfire and yet the viewer never saw the consequences of these actions. This was being broadcast both early on and later at night and as far as I am concerned this is a far more blatant form of desensitising than games. It's like they were trying to indoctrinate the young and old with the message that war is just a good fun adventure and no one suffers.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 09:43:20 AM »
I guess what's so entertaining about video games in general is the fact that you can't do the things you do in them in real life. The simulation of a life that you can't have. I for instance love to play fantasy role play games like Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, Gothic etc., and no matter what happens I could never be in such a world in real life. Totally impossible. Then, of course not AS unrealistic, but still nothing many people do on a regular is the world that is simulated in GTA or Hitman: Blood Money. It's only an assumption, but I doubt that a real professional hardcore hitman is really entertained by such games. But still even if you play a game that is rather comparable to your real life, it's still hella different, and that's what makes the entertainment I guess.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin