Author Topic: New beat... My best beat in a long time!.. Check it and leave feedback!  (Read 288 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
it would be great with some feedback on this.. imo its very dope.. feedback on the drums too please..

http://myspace.com/oklinbeatproduction
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4380893&q=hi

(Beat 73)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 12:48:35 PM by Oklin says: Nobody Beats The Beats »

J Bananas

Re: New beat... My best beat in a long time!.. Check it and leave feedback!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 12:29:21 PM »
sounds dope

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 12:55:51 PM »
its nice, but personally i think that one u sent me (38?) was better
i dont like the drums as much as the rest of the song... if anything, the drums bring it down more than make it better
but still, overall its a very good beat 8)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 01:04:07 PM »
thanks for the feedback

Shawn Nutt - Well i think that i have developed my drums a lot on this beat and made them doper than on my old beats... anyways everybody got different taste..

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »
thanks for the feedback

Shawn Nutt - Well i think that i have developed my drums a lot on this beat and made them doper than on my old beats... anyways everybody got different taste..

yea i was just gonna say... we got different tastes in music... obviously u have talent, its just that i dont "enjoy" listening to it, u know? well keep at it, cuz i really like beat 38, so maybe u could pull out another one like that ;)

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »
Tight.. The bassline is a bit boring. Drums are cool, but can have throughout the beat bit more variation in it, double snareclap, or more bassdrums sometimes.
I think you should fill it a bit more, it still sounds very empty. Maybe some backgroundsounds like people talking or something.. Just giving some thoughts.. Keep on it

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »
Tight.. The bassline is a bit boring. Drums are cool, but can have throughout the beat bit more variation in it, double snareclap, or more bassdrums sometimes.
I think you should fill it a bit more, it still sounds very empty. Maybe some backgroundsounds like people talking or something.. Just giving some thoughts.. Keep on it

aight i feel you... the bassline is just following the tones which was in the background og the piano sample, imo that went out pretty dope.. you might be right on more variation.. thta is deffently something i need to do more with my beats...

btw.. i am a part of Melanin Deficient now.. my beats is also up on our soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/melanindeficientcrew

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »
I'm feelin' this quite a bit, I would say that you have improved; good work on the drums, and the bassline isn't bad.  It has more originality to it than your previous work, i'm feelin the piano and sax too, it adds some flavour to it.  Chorus is alright, for some reason it seemes suited for singing on perhaps, but it's still doable with rap(chorus).  I would agree with the cat who said you might try adding more variation to it, but otherwise I like it, and i'm feelin the flow and overall tone, peace

-b[X]
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 12:35:48 AM »
I'm feelin' this quite a bit, I would say that you have improved; good work on the drums, and the bassline isn't bad.  It has more originality to it than your previous work, i'm feelin the piano and sax too, it adds some flavour to it.  Chorus is alright, for some reason it seemes suited for singing on perhaps, but it's still doable with rap(chorus).  I would agree with the cat who said you might try adding more variation to it, but otherwise I like it, and i'm feelin the flow and overall tone, peace

-b[X]
thanks on the feedback ;)

i appreciate it

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »
73 & 38  I dig alot

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »
i thought that was dope east coast type of music...i think something is missing but other than that...good job.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »
i think something is missing but other than that...good job.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 08:25:52 AM »
73 & 38  I dig alot
i thought that was dope east coast type of music...i think something is missing but other than that...good job.
i think something is missing but other than that...good job.

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 02:51:43 AM »
its dope the way it is, density is jus fine. u could add more drops etc later if vocals are to be put on it.  nice beat. 
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 08:58:19 AM »
its dope the way it is, density is jus fine. u could add more drops etc later if vocals are to be put on it.  nice beat. 
ahh thanks...

it means a lot to me that so many are replying with positive feedback :)