Author Topic: What hip-hop media thinks about you (oh word)  (Read 136 times)

J Bananas

What hip-hop media thinks about you (oh word)
« on: August 30, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
Aug 29, 2006
What hip-hop media thinks about you · by Rafi Kam

You’re stupid. Even though last week’s gossip has already been debunked, we can report it to you today as if it’s a fact. We’ll cover our ass by hiding a brief acknowledgment that the headline and previous paragraphs are untrue somewhere in the middle, knowing full damn well that most of you won’t catch it. Then we’ll blame you for not reading the article in the comments. You like being lied to so you won’t hold us accountable anyway. Not the reader, not even the artists being lied about. You’ll all be back tomorrow even if you realize that it was bullshit today.

You’re gullible. If we make something up, it becomes true and we’ll all start saying it.

You’re savage. You’ll watch transfixed while any two people go at each other no matter how little stake you have in the issue or the people.

You’re petty. You really just want to know who can claim the most money, the most sales, the most fame or the most pussy, the “realest hood”, the most dumb beef and the best rapsheet. That’s your culture and those are your elements – gossip and a phony street resume. That’s why the media coverage has replaced the music as the main product of hip-hop. It’s no wonder that hip-hop news sites have taglines about “supplying the swagger” or how they’re “the most dangerous”. MC’s come and go but your news site stays bringing da realness!

You’re disconnected. It doesn’t bother you that the sidebar of your favorite news site reads like a star-studded crime blotter. It won’t phase you to learn that roughly one out of every six SOHH pages indexed by Google have the word “beef”. You don’t mind that violence is part of how you are marketed to. It’s all gravy.

You’re confused – which makes you easy to manipulate. You get active and enraged – just about things you’ve been prodded towards like Net Neutrality or what a morning show DJ said instead of things like say poverty, corporate abuses, how the government continues to fuck you, and so on…

jeromechickenbone

Re: What hip-hop media thinks about you (oh word)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:21:11 PM »
That shit said a mouthfull.  And it's 100% on point.  It's like Chris Rock said "Niggas love to not know".  The media targets the young / impressionable / ignorant and they eat everything up that they are told and they don't realize it.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 07:47:48 PM »
yeah, fuck that. i feel smarter.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:54:40 PM »
That's why I love hip-hop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:55:31 AM »
Treal spill. This reminds me of the other day I was watching TV and a commercial for "Thugz Bop" (based on the kidz bop cds I guess) came on. hella little kids singin dumb ass rap songs wit bandannas and shit on. I couldnt believe what I was seeing. Somebody actually thinks we need to teach our kids that its cute to be a thug now? They aint being corrupted at young enough ages by factors in real life? LOL, man if anybody buys that shit for their kids, that just proves that what "they" think about us is true.

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:39:20 AM »
What site was it from?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:17:54 PM »
You can see that right here with our very own dubcc contingent of internet gangbangers and all that bullshit talk about who is a real gangster in rap and a bunch of other bullshit that has nothing to do with music.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

BigBDrugStores