Author Topic: Drop some opinions on Dilated Peoples  (Read 222 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Drop some opinions on Dilated Peoples
« on: September 07, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »
Ok, i had to make this one, please give some feedback!!!

Dilated Peoples are for me the best "non" Gangsta Rap group from the west coast!!

Just listen to their classics: worst comes to worst, the platform, you can't hide you can't run, and so on....

I want to know what you guys think of them... all I can say is, that I LOVE thei real HIP HOP music!! and between they are one of the best live groups, on the 19th oct. they will come to Switzerland again...   :o :o

Dilated Peoples - The Platform 5/5
Dilated Peoples - Expansion Team 5/5
Dilated Peoples - Neighborhood Watch 4/5
Dilated Peoples - 20/20 4.5/5

Don Seer

Re: Drop some opinions on Dilated Peoples
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »

platform 4/5
expansion 3.75/5

neighborhood watch 3.25/5
20/20 3/5

in short.. getting crapper.. i only ever bump their first two albums regularly, neighborhood watch rarely..  and 20/20.. wouldnt even consider it without a reminder

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:06 PM »
they're cool, not a big fan or anything

only really checked out "Expansion Team" and I like a few for there...

it was cool when they got down on shit with the Likwit Crew

on Defari's recent album Evidence laced some kinda weak beats tho

the tracks he produced on "Focused Daily" and "Odds & Evens" were really impressive

not so much the beats were bad, he just toned down the feeling and volume of them

and they're pretty quiet and boring sounding..... probably from the use of different equipment I guess

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:50:42 PM »
they aiight

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:58:29 PM »
but worst comes to worst is a CLASSIC song, isn't it????8) ;D

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
^ yeah, but everyone and their mom used that sample, and none of em sound as good as the william bell track

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »
they're cool, not a big fan or anything

My thoughts 2!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:36:06 PM »
very dope, true preformers, great stage presence, really know how to rock a show.....all their albums are quality through out, but the first two were the bes, platform being an underground classic in LA.....i think 20/20 gets a bad rap amongst critics......evidence is an underrated producer IMO, and he was the best thing about street music(which was horrible, defari's lyrics and flow have become so lazy its rediculous.....what happenned?), but i agree that his beats lately on both street music and the medicine have been underwhelming........rakaa stays dropping great verses and one of the best when it comes to political topics.....one of the most consistent groups in hip hop period, west especially, and have yet to get their due out side of LA.........huge following out here tho'
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

rik

hideout

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »
Good group, but i think they have split up? their last cd sold nothing so they got fired atleast..
but come on, put on "Back again", "kindness for weakness" and "you cant hide" from the newest album,thats good music like it or not.

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 06:28:29 AM »
Good group, but i think they have split up? their last cd sold nothing so they got fired atleast..
but come on, put on "Back again", "kindness for weakness" and "you cant hide" from the newest album,thats good music like it or not.

NO, they didn't split up.... Evidence is making a new album called - the weatherman... this will drop in spring 2007....

Evidence is also making a album together with Alchemist... they both rap and produce on it....and also irriscience is looking for a solo album... but they haven't and won't split up the group...

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 04:51:12 PM »
Dilated is great to see live.  Seen em like 4-5 times and never been disapointed.   Not only do they rock the crowd well, they have the catalog of music to do so now.  Plus the fact that they let Babu do a mini set to pay homage to the backbone of hip hop, the DJ, it makes me like ya!

Their albums, while always solid, IMO dont have alot of replay value.  Not that I listen and give up but its not like I always can drop in a Dilated album at anytime.

Evidence and Alchemist are nice on the production side.  I know Alc isnt in Dilated but hes like an unofficial member of the crew.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »
on the defari subject.. dude always comes WAY doper on guest spots.. and i guess he lacks the motivation/direction for his own projects.. never felt his solo shit that much (even tho i bought it..)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 07:49:08 AM »
First two albums were dope, bought Neighbourhood Watch and wasn't really feeling it, and then didn't even bother picking up 20/20. I'd definitely go and see them live again though cause they were real dope the last time I saw them, and they definitely know how to rock a crowd.