Author Topic: ive recently started workig out , how do i gain weight ?  (Read 302 times)

acgrundy

Re: ive recently started workig out , how do i gain weight ?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »
i workout 2-3 times a week:

1. chest, biceps, belly
2. shoulders, triceps, back

the fucked up thing is i have like muscle pain (dunno how to call it in english) for a long time when i have trained my chest. like 3-4 days, what can i do against that?!

Its called soreness and its good.  It means you actually are making your muscles work.  You are breaking them down and they are having to recover and grow.  Its not a bad thing.  To feel less sore stretch more.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 04:44:33 PM »
I take Whey protien and eat lots of tuna

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
i started working out a couple of weeks ago and ive been asking ppl at the gym how to gain weight but most just say "i have every kind of substance u need for that" so they're not exactly reliable.
any advice like what to eat etc etc ?

Most people have said the right thing...Whey protein, some cats I know use Met-RX.  Usually about 60 grams after a workout will help out.  Creatine is also useful.

If you're trying to rip yourself, make sure you're doing high intensity training.  You should be lifting extremely heavy at low reps, and training to the point of failure.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »
i started working out a couple of weeks ago and ive been asking ppl at the gym how to gain weight but most just say "i have every kind of substance u need for that" so they're not exactly reliable.
any advice like what to eat etc etc ?

I know a guy that takes roids...but fuck using that shit...i dont want anykind of weird side effects on my body...

When im bulking up, i just eat ALOT of carbs (no fast food shit)...just rice, pasta...and lot of protein at the same time...protein shake/bars, meat, chicken, tuna, etc...i just follow my friend's schedule, who is also a trainer at 24 hrs...when im cutting i do about 20 mins of cardio and 1 hr of lifting but do about 10 mins of cardio while bulking up...

by the way, what do ya take before lifting?..i've been taking thermo gain from muscle tech...

"the fucked up thing is i have like muscle pain (dunno how to call it in english) for a long time when i have trained my chest. like 3-4 days, what can i do against that?!"

How long u been working out? i do chest about twice a week...i've been lifting for about a year and i think my body got used to the intense training...i also goto the gym like 4-5 times a week...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 06:57:09 PM by LaZ1e »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 02:47:41 AM »
Creatine is also useful.

Well, it depends on how you use it. Creatine is - despite what many people think - not an anabolic substance. It simply re-enforces your muscles and it improves your performance while working out. The thing about it is, it makes you feel more powerful while working out, and consequently you'll want to lift more. But your body is not used to that, so you'll feel pain the day afterwards.
Creatine is not THAT bad for your body, but I still prefer to work out the natural way. I guess it's just a matter of patience. If you want to make a lot of progress in just a few months, then go ahead and start taking all sorts of protein drinks, Creatine and weight-gainers. I'm more about having long term results...

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 06:41:06 AM »
Creatine is also useful.

Well, it depends on how you use it. Creatine is - despite what many people think - not an anabolic substance. It simply re-enforces your muscles and it improves your performance while working out. The thing about it is, it makes you feel more powerful while working out, and consequently you'll want to lift more. But your body is not used to that, so you'll feel pain the day afterwards.
Creatine is not THAT bad for your body, but I still prefer to work out the natural way. I guess it's just a matter of patience. If you want to make a lot of progress in just a few months, then go ahead and start taking all sorts of protein drinks, Creatine and weight-gainers. I'm more about having long term results...

Creatine is natural...It is found in the body. You shouldnt have any problems cycling creating few months or so.

My workout schedule is like this...Im 16

Monday: Back, Biceps
Wednsday: Shoulders, Traps
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Chest and Triceps

To gain weight you should eat lots of calories and protien. A weight gainer might be helpful if you want to gain weight fast except i dont take it because im scared im gunna get fat. Take Whey Protien always after you work out at least 30 grams, that should be helpful

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 01:05:02 PM »
One Word

WacArnold's

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :