Author Topic: Audioslave...  (Read 160 times)

jeromechickenbone

Audioslave...
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:26:19 PM »
Did they drop an album this week?  I bumped their last album a bit, but nowhere near as much as I bumped their debut.  I know they got Brendan O'Brian to produce rather than Rick Rubin which I think is good.  Rubin is a super talented dude, but I don't really like where he took their sound.  Anyways has anybody heard this yet and what are your opinions?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Audioslave...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:34:49 PM »
I like it.  It will take some time for me to judge if it's better than Out of Exile, but so far I'm feeling it.  I think it's pretty safe to get the album if you like their previous work. 

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »
I saw it for download on one of my blog sites a week ago, so I assume it's coming soon if it ain't out already.

Never really got into Audioslave after the first album...it was alright, but I just couldn't stop being dissappointed that this was what had become of Rage Against The Machine, one of my all-time favorite bands.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:43:28 PM »
I like it.  It will take some time for me to judge if it's better than Out of Exile, but so far I'm feeling it.  I think it's pretty safe to get the album if you like their previous work. 

Does it sound overproduced to you?  That was my main complaint with their last one - it was too polished and contrived.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »
Then I believe you'll have the same complaint in this one but probably not as much. 

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »
Does it sound overproduced to you?  That was my main complaint with their last one - it was too polished and contrived.  

That's kinda odd to me.  I ain't heard "Out of Exile" in its entirety, so I can't comment on it.  But I have heard Rick Rubin's work on RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium", and I had just the opposite complaint - everything sounded WAY too simplistic and sparse for my tastes.  Has he really changed up his style THAT much in the past year?

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:32:28 AM »
It's ok but it's not no Out Of Exile, I consider that their classic.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Diabolical

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:59:04 AM »
I prefer Soundgarden to Audioslave.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 05:07:29 AM »
Audioslave is all about Tom Morrello

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 08:33:07 AM »

That's kinda odd to me.  I ain't heard "Out of Exile" in its entirety, so I can't comment on it.  But I have heard Rick Rubin's work on RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium", and I had just the opposite complaint - everything sounded WAY too simplistic and sparse for my tastes.  Has he really changed up his style THAT much in the past year?

Actually, his work on Stadium Arcadium was toned down a bit.  It was some of the things he did on "By The Way" that I sometimes wasn't feelin.  Don't get me wrong I love the album, but I think he made his presence too known on there.  With the programmed drum loops, forced harmonies, and little sound blip effects I felt like he somewhat robbed the Chilli Peppers of their identity.  That album was not funky at all save maybe a song.  He knows what he's doing, I just think he tends to do just a bit too much.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 01:02:03 PM »
I was thinking about buying this but after being dissapointed with how Out Of Exile sounded i might change my mind on that. Rage Against The Machine > Soundgarden > Audioslave.

I remember when Rage Against The Machine were thinking about recruiting B-Real from Cypress Hill to replace Zach De La Rocha before Chris Cornell came into the picture. Now that wouldn't have been a bad idea at all. Not that Chris Cornell is bad or anything i just would've wanted to hear how that would sound.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
I was thinking about buying this but after being dissapointed with how Out Of Exile sounded i might change my mind on that. Rage Against The Machine > Soundgarden > Audioslave.

I remember when Rage Against The Machine were thinking about recruiting B-Real from Cypress Hill to replace Zach De La Rocha before Chris Cornell came into the picture. Now that wouldn't have been a bad idea at all. Not that Chris Cornell is bad or anything i just would've wanted to hear how that would sound.

Yeah I remember that too.  It probably would have come off pretty dope, but who knows.  What the hell happened to Zach De La Rocha anyway?  Wasn't he supposed to drop an album with production from ?uestlove and Trent Reznor?  I say it's time for Rage to reconcile.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »
revelations sounds good it is not "overproduced" like out of exile was, its a good album if your an audio slave fan pick it up.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »
Yea it's a good album, just listened to it today, One And The Same is pure CRACK, same with Jewel Of The Summertime.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 09:41:29 PM »
First album was amazing. I don't know what happened on their second effort, they seemed kinda unmotivated. Havent heard the new album yet, but I will definitely check it out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE