Author Topic: Weird_Al_Yankovic-Straight_Outta_Lynwood-2006  (Read 702 times)

Jome

Re: Weird_Al_Yankovic-Straight_Outta_Lynwood-2006
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »
How can he put white and nerdy on his album without getting sued? That beat is copyrighted isnt it? since Cham used it on his album

Controversy

One of Yankovic's most controversial parodies was "Amish Paradise", based on "Gangsta's Paradise" by hip-hop artist Coolio. (Coolio's work "Gangsta's Paradise" already samples heavily from a Stevie Wonder song, "Pastime Paradise," complicating the issue further.) Coolio's label gave Yankovic permission to parody his work and gave the impression that Coolio had as well, but he maintains that he never did. Coolio claimed he was upset, but legal action never materialized, and Coolio accepted royalty payments for the song. (Technically, under copyright law's "fair use" doctrine – affirmed by the United States Supreme Court — one does not need permission to record a parody.[6] However, Yankovic has always requested permission before recording parodies, as a means of maintaining good relationships within the music community.) After this happened, Yankovic always made sure to speak directly with the artist of every song he parodied. At the XM Satellite Radio booth at the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show Yankovic and Coolio made up. On his website, Yankovic wrote of this event, "I don’t remember what we said to each other exactly, but it was all very friendly… I doubt I’ll be invited to Coolio’s next birthday party, but at least I can stop wearing that bulletproof vest to the mall."

From Wikipedia.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »
he desevers platinum HAHAHA lmao..

he might pull it off in this era..HAHAHAHAH

it be funny if he outdid  big rappers...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 06:23:24 PM »

If he did go platinum that will be tight as fuck.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

If he did go platinum that will be tight as fuck.

major embarresment for main rappers lmao HAHAHAH
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Jakubs

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 11:50:36 PM »
Just downloaded this, I'm gonna listen to it tomorrow.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 05:40:55 AM »
More info for those who are into Weird Al (who I think is just great!)

1. He did a cover of "You're Beautiful" called "You're Pitiful" that apparently James Blunt's (I think that's the guy's name) label wouldn't let him release.  Edit: I guess they worked it out for this album! Great!

2.  Weezer wouldn't let him use "Buddy Holly" in his Alternative Polka

3.  Fucking Eminem wouldn't let him release a video of his "Lose yourself" parody, because Em didn't want somebody dressing up like him.  It's alright for Eminem to dress up like Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Fred Durst whatever the fuck, but don't dare do it with him.  What a fucking pussy.

4.  Weird Al and Brian Wilson are friends; Brian lives in L.A., Weird Al's from Lynwood, lol... Weird Al played on an unreleased Brian Wilson album in the early 90's called "Sweet Insanity", and asked Brian if he could parody "SMiLE" for this album, he did, and it's called "Pancreas", it parodys Brian's third movement of the SMiLE album. 

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 11:40:22 PM »
The Eminem track was called Couch Potato off the album Poodle Hat, he also had a parody of that Avril Lavigne song Complicated, called Constipated, which I thoguht was fuckin hilarious. Poodle Hat was definently a dope album, can't wait for Straight Outta Lynwood.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »
amish paradise is a classic
i would like to hear this cd

Raphael

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 07:50:29 AM »
amish paradise is a classic
i would like to hear this cd