Author Topic: Police: Gunman killed after college shooting  (Read 440 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Police: Gunman killed after college shooting
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »
 Police: Gunman killed after college shooting
POSTED: 8:34 p.m. EDT, September 13, 2006
Story Highlights
• NEW: Radio Canada reports that a female student died after shooting
• Authorities say gunman was killed by police; 20 students wounded
• Hospital: Six victims to receive operations
• Student says one gunman wore trench coat, began shooting outside
Adjust font size:
Decrease fontDecrease font
Enlarge fontEnlarge font

MONTREAL, Quebec (CNN) -- A gunman was killed by police and at least 19 students were wounded after a Wednesday shooting at Dawson College in downtown Montreal, police said.

One student later died of her wounds, police spokesman Olivier Lapointe said. Radio Canada quoted Montreal Police Chief Yvan Delorme as saying the victim was a woman in her 20s.

Initial reports indicated that as many as four people, including two gunmen, had been killed, but Delorme told CNN that only the single gunman was killed. Police were looking for other possible suspects, he said.

Delorme would not comment on a motive, but said the shootings were not hate crimes or terror-related. (Watch students flee the scene -- 1:38)

Three of the critically wounded were in operating rooms Wednesday afternoon, and three others were awaiting operations, a Montreal General Hospital spokeswoman said. Two other critically wounded victims were in the emergency room, she said.

All surgeries should be completed by Wednesday evening, she said.

The spokeswoman said at least 14 victims had been brought to area hospitals. Eleven patients were transported to Montreal General and four or five more had been taken to two other area hospitals to ease the burden on Montreal General, she said.

Among the wounds being treated were gunshots to the head, abdomen, chest, arms and legs, she said. (Watch witnesses describe escaping through pools of blood -- 3:44)

Police cordoned off the 12-acre campus after the incident and searched a nearby shopping mall for suspects, a police spokesman said.

A SWAT team was in the college because "we believe there might be other suspects inside the Dawson College," a Montreal police spokesman told reporters.

Police were using search dogs in a door-to-door search for the gunman or gunmen Wednesday afternoon, another spokesman said.

The shots were randomly fired in the cafeteria and atrium, and students said they didn't think anyone was targeted, said reporter Genevieve Beauchemin with the television station CFCF. Students told Beauchemin that at least one of the gunmen was dressed in black.
'He had no emotion'

A student told Global News in Montreal that one of the shooters was in his early 20s and was wearing a trench coat.

"He was saying nothing, just shooting. He told people to get away, and that was it," the student said.

Another student, Daniel Mightley, 21, said the shooting began outside the college. Mightley said he was heading to lunch when he saw one of the shooters to his right. The gunman, who was wearing a black trench coat and had a mohawk, fired a shot and "everybody just ran inside," he said.

"I saw his face and he had no emotion in his face whatsoever," Mightley said. "He was walking very slowly toward us and just shooting."

Mightley said he saw at least one person get shot.

Police had not yet determined how many people were shot, said Sgt. Giuseppe Boccardi.

"My understanding, at this moment, is that most of the students have exited the college grounds," Boccardi said.

Video showed students streaming from the campus after the midday shootings.

"People were literally running for their lives," said Beauchemin, describing what the students told her was a "stampede."

Emergency personnel and police, in bulletproof vests, wheeled people on two stretchers to ambulances. Boccardi said he couldn't provide a description of the victims.

A first-year student who didn't give her name said she saw one victim who had been shot in the leg being helped across the street, and another who had been shot in the stomach lying on the sidewalk.

"We were just sitting in class, and we were listening to the teacher and we heard guns going off," the student said. "We looked outside and everyone was screaming and crying and there were people that got shot that were running away.

"And then our teacher left, and he came back and said the gunmen were inside and we had to leave."

Dawson College will be closed until Monday, Radio Canada reported.

The college has 7,000 day students and 3,000 night students, according to the Dawson Web site.

In Canada, students as young as 16 can attend colleges, which generally serve as bridges between high schools and universities.

This is not the first shooting at a Montreal college. About 17 years ago, Marc Lepine opened fire at Ecole Polytechnique. Fourteen female students were killed in the December 1989 shooting before Lepine killed himself.

Lepine left behind a three-page letter blaming feminists for his not being able to get into the school.

source : cnn

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Police: Gunman killed after college shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:00:26 PM »
I watched some coverage on the news earlier, terrible situation. My thoughts are with the families.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Donnie Smilo

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »
How sad.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »
I used to goto that school...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »
I have friends that go to that school..and I used to work close to the college

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 07:08:45 AM »
Damn it CWalker! When will your people stop shooting our institutions of education?

RIP to the one victim that died of her wounds inthe hospital.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »
Damn it CWalker! When will your people stop shooting our institutions of education?

The guy wasnt white. Trust me even though he was a goth. In reality he was East Indian (brown)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »
yeah front page news here...what a fuckin idiot
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »

that's her, the victim, anastasia de sousa, she was beautiful

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 07:47:39 PM »
another columbine.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »

The guy wasnt white. Trust me even though he was a goth. In reality he was East Indian (brown)
Shhhhhhhhhhhh..... :sshh:

lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhh..... :sshh:

lol

oops  :-\

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:36:54 PM »
mmm Anastasia looks good

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07:03 PM »
don't you think killing is plan selfish...lol..?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Jome

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 05:16:23 PM »
He wasn't killed by the popo, he shot himself.  :nawty: