Author Topic: Gapless Playback - iTunes 7  (Read 69 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Gapless Playback - iTunes 7
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »
Just started messing with the new iTunes and felt like I went back in time to when The Chronic first dropped...

The Chronic was the first CD I ever bought.  I was in the 9th grade.  The best part of the CD for me was the gapless transition between "The Day The Niggaz Took Over" and "Nuthin' But A "G" Thang".  I would repeat that shit over and over.  The way Dre mastered that shit was fuckin' genius.  Of course back then I had no clue about production and mastering and gapless playback and what not... I just thought it sounded good.

When mp3's came into the scene, something died... gapless playback.  I couldn't reproduce that shit any more.  If I was listening to Napster, I would hear Snoop go rastafarian at the end of track 4 and then a nasty delay and then track 5 would drop.

Well I heard that iTunes 7 added some gapless playback features.  I just downloaded and installed that shit and the first place I went to test it was the Track 4 to Track 5 transition in Dre's "Chronic."...  The result:  Someone get me a Delorean and the flux capacitor cause I just went back in time.   I love that shit!  8)

UPDATE:  The gapless playback also works on the iPod!  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 09:41:09 AM by Ozir »

J Bananas

Re: Gapless Playback - iTunes 7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »
tight

and you know im fittin'a....