Author Topic: Joe Scarborough misses Clinton. Claims the GOP is no longer conservative.  (Read 160 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2006/0610.scarborough.html

"As a political junkie who wept bitter tears the night Jimmy Carter got elected and shouted with uncontrolled joy when Ronald Reagan whipped his sorry ass four years later, I find myself ambivalent for the first time over a national election. After six years of Republican recklessness at home and abroad, I seriously doubt Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid or the aforementioned Bourbon Street hookers could spend this country any deeper into debt than my Republican Party."

AndrE16686

Re: Joe Scarborough misses Clinton. Claims the GOP is no longer conservative.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »
Joe Scarborough has always struck me as a liberal in conservative's clothing anyway, just another rat fleeing the sinking Bush ship.  Like it or not tho, the Republicans have shaped US foreign policy for the next administration, that is, the Iraq plan ain't gonna change.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »
There is more to conservatism than running around starting wars.  I think that's what Scarborough is upset, as are many other conservatives.

Modern republicans are unfortunately complete trash.  Most don't even know what their ideology is really all about.  They use the words "republican" and "conservative" interchangeable, but they're not.  I really don't think most of the "conservatives" on this board know shit about the label they give themselves.

AndrE16686

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 11:35:19 PM »
So instead of Bush what would you expect conservatives to be doing? US conservatives all seem the same to me, I don't know whats the difference between neo-cons and conservatives. In Australia the difference between conservatives is that some want to protect some national industries, whereas the other conservatives want to sell it all off, totally free-market styles.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »
A conservative has a few basic beliefs. I had an argument with someone who was con, and he said it was about abortion, and that is far from the truth. That's moral conservative.

A Conservative-Republican believes in low government spending, letting the market dictate the pay of workers, the cost of products, and most importantly, LOW GOVERNMENT INFLUENCE. A true conservative cuts gov spending, and lowers taxes, and the money that is left goes to beefing up the military.

Bill Clinton did more good than George Bush for the Republican party, why, because he did more to unify the conservatives than anyother president in history. He was unbeatable in the national elections, Republicans feared him, yet hated him. He did negotate to cut spending, he did reform tons of government programs, as a Democrat, he never cut them, but reformed them, and both sides agreed that a balanced budget was needed, and through much debate, they finally got one. Bush has no opposition, and his running crazy, cutting taxes, spending more than Clinton did, A HUGE CONSERVATIVE NO NO, and waging wars that are not for the best interest of our national safety. The Patriot Act is the more anti-Conservative thing you can ever have, the increased spending, everything that this man has done has hurt the parties ideology more than many thing else.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:26 AM »
A conservative has a few basic beliefs. I had an argument with someone who was con, and he said it was about abortion, and that is far from the truth. That's moral conservative.

A Conservative-Republican believes in low government spending, letting the market dictate the pay of workers, the cost of products, and most importantly, LOW GOVERNMENT INFLUENCE. A true conservative cuts gov spending, and lowers taxes, and the money that is left goes to beefing up the military.

Bill Clinton did more good than George Bush for the Republican party, why, because he did more to unify the conservatives than anyother president in history. He was unbeatable in the national elections, Republicans feared him, yet hated him. He did negotate to cut spending, he did reform tons of government programs, as a Democrat, he never cut them, but reformed them, and both sides agreed that a balanced budget was needed, and through much debate, they finally got one. Bush has no opposition, and his running crazy, cutting taxes, spending more than Clinton did, A HUGE CONSERVATIVE NO NO, and waging wars that are not for the best interest of our national safety. The Patriot Act is the more anti-Conservative thing you can ever have, the increased spending, everything that this man has done has hurt the parties ideology more than many thing else.

Fuckin' eh, excellent sum-up.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris