Author Topic: What are your thoughts on this poem?  (Read 306 times)

Sikotic™

Re: What are your thoughts on this poem?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »
Pretty shitty poem, imho.  The guy should just kill himself to break the cycle.  My parents kept me safe and raised me when I couldn't take care of myself.  Thank god they were there!
Well, they obviously fucked up somewhere along the line.

Larkin is a great modern poet. Just because some of you are too slow to understand the message behind his words (I think 7even gets it), don't blame him.

If you think the purpose of the poem is to put his parents on blast, then you either only read the first line or you're a fucking idiot.

no shit - I am at least twice as intelligent than you.  What you're trying to explain to me, I caught from the poem and I moved past it when I was 16.  I'm now 27.  If at 16 I was more intelligent than you are now, imagine how superior my intellect must be at the age of 27.   
If I'm 27 years old, and STILL obsessing over Nintendo like a 16 year old, it would be in my best interest to commit suicide.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

Re: What are your thoughts on this poem?
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
Pretty shitty poem, imho.  The guy should just kill himself to break the cycle.  My parents kept me safe and raised me when I couldn't take care of myself.  Thank god they were there!
Well, they obviously fucked up somewhere along the line.

Larkin is a great modern poet. Just because some of you are too slow to understand the message behind his words (I think 7even gets it), don't blame him.

If you think the purpose of the poem is to put his parents on blast, then you either only read the first line or you're a fucking idiot.

no shit - I am at least twice as intelligent than you.  What you're trying to explain to me, I caught from the poem and I moved past it when I was 16.  I'm now 27.  If at 16 I was more intelligent than you are now, imagine how superior my intellect must be at the age of 27.   
If I'm 27 years old, and STILL obsessing over Nintendo like a 16 year old, it would be in my best interest to commit suicide.

ether