Author Topic: Shaq on Stephen A. Smith  (Read 1407 times)

GangstaBoogy

Shaq on Stephen A. Smith
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:25:52 AM »
I'm watching it now, I'll post my opinions later...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Shaq on Stephen A. Smith
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 01:14:28 AM »
shaq's funny lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 01:18:27 AM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 01:20:05 AM »
he didn't even talk shit about the lakers...what you hatin on?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »

He's pissed Shaq bolted and 2 years later won yet another championship. He's also pissed everyone loves Shaq and people seem  think Kobe is a dickhead.
Dont blame the guy tho he's just a passionate fan. ::)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »
im not a big fan of shaq >:(

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »

He's pissed Shaq bolted and 2 years later won yet another championship. He's also pissed everyone loves Shaq and people seem  think Kobe is a dickhead.
Dont blame the guy tho he's just a passionate fan. ::)

you couldn't be more wrong. i didnt like shaq even when he was in L.A.
watch the video. the dude is an idiot. how many times did he avoid answering questions with his usual jokes? he's like a 34 year old 5 year old (if that makes sense)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
so? it's not like he's lying through his teeth or  bull shitting.plus it's not like he said anything that wasn't true. dude even made fun of himself , what's wrong with that? i hate it when players say the "right thing"  when you can tell they're lying

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 05:36:02 PM »
^shaq called himself a leader and a team player. thats not a lie?

nik: get these niggas!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »
props,pretty funny stuff

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:30:38 PM »
-before shaq joined the orlando magic they were one of the worst teams in the NBA
-After shaq joined the orlando magic he led them to the nba finals and they never went below .500, he helped make a superstar out of penny hardaway, and made mediocre players like brian shaw dennis scott, and nick anderson into semi stars in the early 90's
-after shaq left the magic and the players on that team were never the same  and they are STILL hurting 10 years later
-before shaq joined the lakers they were in the playoffs but never contenders
-when shaq joined the lakers they were contenders every year, eventually shaq would lead the lakers to 4 finals appearences, 3 nba championships,and he made all of his team mates better around him
-when shaq was traded , he was traded for 3 other players 1 of which was an all star/big name player, in any other trade for 3 for 1 the team with 3 players usually fared better than the team who got the 1, not so. after shaq leaves the lakers FAIL to go to the playoff for the first time in years, and the miami heat go to the e. con. finals and are a win away from going to the finals and probably would have gone if it wasn't for injuries. a year later shaq helps take the heat to the nba championship, as the lakers eek in and out of the first round .

leader, yes? team player....just ask dennis scott, scott skiles, nick anderson, anthony  bowie, d george, derek fisher, rick fox, glen rice, mitch richmond, tyron lue, gary payton, alonzo mourning, eddie jones, nick van exel, jeff foster, eldin cambell, horace grant, lindsey hunter, brian shaw, karl malone, ac green, robert horry, ron harper, antione walker, james, posey, dwayne wade, jayson williams, udonis haslm , pat riley, brian hill, phil jackson, del harris , they've all said he is.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 11:41:18 PM »
WOW..what a fuckin dickrider..He broke up your favorite team & you're stil on his nuts.

-eventually shaq would lead the lakers to 4 finals appearences, 3 nba championships,and he made all of his team mates better around him

LOL please shut the fuck up..fuckin groupie!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:48:11 PM by ING »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »
WOW..what a fuckin dickrider..He broke your favorite team & you're stil on his nuts.

-eventually shaq would lead the lakers to 4 finals appearences, 3 nba championships,and he made all of his team mates better around him

LOL please shut the fuck up..fuckin groupie!

He spits facts and you hate on him.  You got issues.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 11:53:10 PM »
"The other players on the team wanted to make sure he (kobe) earned everything he got, that the coach didn't just give him something just because the fans wanted to see this young phenom play," recalled Del Harris, Bryant's first coach with the Lakers.

That was especially true of Shaquille O'Neal, the game's dominant young center who felt immense pressure to win championships. Each season his dislike of Bryant had grown.

"What suprised me about Shaquille during our early days in Los Angeles was how frustrated he got," said former Lakers GM Jerry West.
"He was not fun to be around. The shortcomings of our team and his teammates made him angry because he knew he was going to be judged on how much we won."

How angry?

Just months before Jackson arrived, O'Neal slapped Bryant during a pickup game at the Laker practice facility.
"It would not be forgotten," former Laker guard Derek Fisher said of the incident.

When Jackson and his coaching staff began work in Los Angeles, they were caught off guard by O'Neal's animosity toward Bryant.
"There was a lot of hatred in his heart," Tex Winter said of O'Neal. "He would speak his mind in our team meetings. He was saying really hateful. Kobe just took it and kept going."

Jackson had long been known for building an outstanding personal relationship with Michael Jordan in Chicago. That had been his strategy from the start: A great relationship with Jordan meant that everyone else on the team would fall in line.

Jackson astutely read that he faced a more severe choice in Los Angeles. The situation dictated that he could not be close to both Laker stars. So he made a logical choice, according to Winter. "Very early in our time in LA, Phil made the decision to go with Shaq. And he made it clear to Kobe and the press and everyone else that it was Shaq's team. He made it clear that he was far more interested in accommodating Shaq than Kobe. And Kobe seemed to accept this."

Winter, however, began to have concerns immediately. He said that he told Jackson that he (Jackson) seemed intent on making Bryant his "whipping boy," the player on which the coach traditionally takes out all of his frustration. Winter told Jackson that making a budding young superstar a whipping boy wasn't a good idea.

"Phil was trying to figure me out a little bit," Bryant recalled. "One of the things I told him is, "There's nothing to figure out. I'm just trying to play the game and learn the game the best I can." Once we got that established we started moving a little bit. But I didn't get into his mind games. I had so many other things to think about with this game. I didn't really have the time even to do that."
Perhaps Bryant should have paid more attention.

His relationship with Jackson only worsened over their five years together in LA. Winter said it was made worse by Jackson's refusal to have any sort of in-depth meeting or relationship with the young guard.

At the same time, Jackson leveled a variety of public attacks at Bryant during those years. At one point, Jackson told reporters that Bryant had sabotaged his own high school games to make himself look like a star.

Despite the situation, Bryant kept his anger under control, Winter said, until the 2003-04 NBA season. It was a contract year for both Bryant and Jackson, and the coach responded with a media campaign to discredit the guard. It culminated with Jackson's book, The Last Season, that depicted Bryant as a selfish and uncoachable player.

Jacson had worked behind the scences several times in not-so-subtle ways to get Bryant traded. But in January 2004, he decided on the direct approach. Jackson went to owner Jerry Buss and told him that he could no longer coach the team if Bryant remained.
Having witnessed the unfolding behind-the-scenes drama over five years, Buss told Jackson that was fine; his services would no longer be needed.

Stunned, Jackson abruptly changed his approach with Bryant. Suddenly, the coach began trying to have a relationship with Bryant, Winter said. And Bryant responded in kind.

"But it was too late," Winter said.

Buss had made up his mind. Jackson had to go. And the owner had no desire to meet O'Neal's demands for a lengthy extension on his $30 million plus a year contract. So the Lakers traded him to Miami (where O'Neal would later meekly agree to play for $20 million a season).

As he was cleaning out his office, a jilted Jackson did his best to portray Bryant as the villian in the breakup of the team, and soon that perception became the reality, simply because so many people believed it. Jacson made sure of it, phoning reporters as he drove from LA to his summer home in Montana. He dialed up columnists and radio talk shows to offer his version of events. Sports columnists everwhere who had no idea why the Lakers had fallen apart simply began reports as fact that Bryant had schemed to make it happen.
Despite the blame game Jackson was playing so deftly, he would later admite the truth. Despite all his success in LA, he had failed in his handling of Bryant. And that was one of the several factors in the breakup of a very successful team.

"In the final analysis, it's the coach's responsiblity to manage the team in the proper manner and not have those things happen," Winter said.

It was simply a huge mistake to not keep Bryant in the loop, said Winter. "I think Phil realises that now."

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »
By the sound of it, Shaquille O'Neal is one focused individual at the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp in Hawaii.

Focused on money, that is.

O'Neal is seeking a lucrative contract extension and is using the exhibition games as a forum to meet that end.

O'Neal talked about his desired extension in interviews before the exhibition opener Tuesday against Golden State. Then, in the third quarter of the game, after he made six straight shots, scored 14 points and emphatically rejected a shot by Golden State's Mike Dunleavy, O'Neal turned to the Lakers bench and yelled, "Now you gonna pay me?"

Owner Jerry Buss was seated on the other side of the court, however. A short time later, as O'Neal was on the bench during a timeout, he turned to reporters seated courtside and mouthed the words, "Pay me."

Before the game the next night, O'Neal saw reporters in the hallway outside the locker room, rubbed his fingers together in a money-counting gesture and shouted out, "Show me the money! Show me the money!"

Under National Basketball Association rules, O'Neal is eligible to receive a three-year extension worth upward of $108 million. O'Neal signed a maximum extension in 2000.

The extension for which O'Neal is eligible is so incredibly large because he is one of the rare players whose salary was grandfathered in before the latest collective bargaining agreement put a maximum on salaries.

The extension, which would start in 2006-'07, could make him the NBA's highest-paid player in that season by $12 million to $14 million over Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, who is also grandfathered in. Garnett, however, did not demand the maximum in his recent deal and "settled" for $100 million over five seasons, even though he was eligible for more than $180 million.

The way O'Neal looks at it, he is worth the maximum. "Last time they took care of me, we won three (champion
ships) in a row," O'Neal said. "So, if you believe in history and how history repeats itself, then. . . . I always give my maximum. On a good toe or a (hurt) toe, I always give my maximum. And that's all I want in return.

"I want honesty and I want the truth. If they're not going to do it, I'd rather they tell me that right now, so we can move on. But I always give my maximum. So, hopefully I can get it. Do I deserve it? Yeah, I deserve it."
O'Neal said he didn't even know how much he is making now. His salary is $24.75 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oct03/176576.asp