Author Topic: Shaq on Stephen A. Smith  (Read 1406 times)

$Eg2$

Re: Shaq on Stephen A. Smith
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »
Kobe's snitch LOL shut the fuck up Shaq's a cop A fuckin pig so whut that look like

Kobe >>> Shaq and D Wade overrated ass

i'd rather be a cop than a dude who cheats on his wife

Ok and you callin yourself a don and got Godfather pics in ya sig and youd rather be a cop LOL ok doggie :grumpy:

how old are you^?

R U writing a book ???

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 12:02:17 AM »
I love how idiots try to make it look like Penny fell off because Shaq left. I guess the injuries and arthritis in his knee had nothing to do with that.

Look at Penny's stats after Shaq left. He was still averaging 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assist, and 1 steall. He was just playing less games due to injuries. After that, he was never the same.

no one ever said penny wasn't a good offensive weapon, but how well did the magic fare after he left? even before his left knee injury he was having problems trying to lead the team.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
Kobe's snitch LOL shut the fuck up Shaq's a cop A fuckin pig so whut that look like

Ok and you callin yourself a don and got Godfather pics in ya sig and youd rather be a cop LOL ok doggie :grumpy:

how old are you^?

R U writing a book ???
i like how you dodge the question in fear of getting dissed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 10:29:08 AM »
so slandering someone's reputation is less of an offense?

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.

If Kobe really said that, not only is it not a false statement, but it was not meant to be heard by anyone other than the interrogator. The attempt of destroying a young budding superstar's career through jealousy and selfishness is a much worse offense in my book.

why is kobe appologizing for making those comments then?

He never apologized for those specific comments, he apologized to Shaq cuz he saw Shaq had a problem and that's just the type of person he is. From what has been reported, if Shaq's name was mentioned in the interrogation, it was completely twisted out of context...

penny had the best years of his career under shaq's leadership, fact , shaq makes players better. why was it then after shaq left the magic penny's numbers and play fell? and if shaq "ruined eddie jones, how come he had his best season in charlotte? again the lakers traded eddie jones to make your idol a starter. glen rice was put in place to knock down threes when shaq was being triple teamed down low, why do you think mitch richmond played for the lakers, why do you think the lakers aquired robert horry in the first place? everything was put in place to build around and complement shaq, cuz after all the lakers were SHAQ"S team.

Like I said earlier, please read some Laker books. It is very evident that you have no idea what you're talking about. Orlando was at the beginning of a new dynasty with Penny and Shaq, which Shaq happened to tear apart. In 1995, they were going to be one of the top young teams for years and years to come...Shaq shut their operation down, and they've never recovered after his departure. Shaq is the one who had Penny drafted by the Magic and then jumped ships to the Lakers, because a hatred for Penny and his fame grew within him. He left the Magic on stuck, ultimately dumping a whole lot of pressure on Penny's back and cursing his career. When he came to the Lakers, he had the same problem with Eddie Jones...Eddie could have just as easily moved to small forward (a position he played throughout his career often), which is what upper management wanted to do, since he was a project of Jerry West and West didn't wanna give up on him. Shaq didn't like Eddie, simple as that, he requested to have him moved and that's what happened. Robert Horry came to the Lakers because Cedric Ceballos wasn't complying and gave us a lot of problems, especially during Magic Johnson's return. He had a lot of issues with Magic taking a lot of his minutes at small forward when he believed in himself as a franchise player (he even nicknamed himself "chise"). We took the best offer we could get for Ceballos, it's not that we actually wanted Robert Horry in particular, he was just having problems with his staff at the time and was the best trade we could get...Everything was built around Shaq cuz that's how he demanded it. When it was time to build around Kobe (late 2001), the operation began, and Shaq got so damn mad that he threatned not to rebound and play defense if the offense didn't run through him and he wouldn't get more touches, so Phil Jackson asked Kobe to pull back...Very known story that you should know as well.

so shaq should have kneeled down to kobe ? riiiight kobe's just BARELY learning how to pass and get his teammates involved, he's just barely beginning to become a leader. Shaq was in his prime, and kobe was trying to be the leader, Shaq's going to win that leadership battle especially in the triangle offense which was built to have a dominant big man in the middle. kobe is the best player all around, i'll admit that and has been for a while , but you can't deny he's more selfish than shaq, who was already making players around him better before kobe even heard of the concept . shaq wasn't trying to get rid of kobe until kobe started getting a big head. say what you want but shaq's leadership and experience is more valuable to a team than kobe's PPG. How many teams has shaq been the leader of? How many of them went to the finals? how many of them has he won a championship with? this goes back to resumes. a shaq team has  only missed the playoffs ONE time (his rookie season)

Remind me the last time Shaq wasn't pampered with a team ready to win built around him and another superstar? Please shut the fuck up, because you're not making sense. Kobe more selfish than Shaq? LMAOOOO. Kobe took a back seat for YEARS when he could have just as easily been a superstar on any other team in the league. He was willing to learn, condition night in and night out for his team, whatever it took to make them better. Shaq was the one who wanted Kobe traded, BEFORE THEY EVEN WON ANY TITLES TOGETHER! Why did Shaq look his absolute best alongside Kobe around 2000-2001? Because Kobe was WILLING to defer to Shaq, he was opening the outside and getting Shaq all those lovely dunks, pretty much like what Wade is doing now and Penny did before, only not nearly as good. To say Kobe is more selfish than Shaq is a joke...Shaq takes time off in the middle of the season and tells the great Jerry Buss "I got injured on company time and I'll heal on company time"...Kobe gets injured, and he takes care of it in the off-seaosn, just so that he can be prepared to lead his team when it's time...LOLLLL@comparing the two's selfishness. :grumpy:

let's see michael jordan had scottie pippen and dennis rodman,another top 50 players of all time and the nba's greatest rebounders. it was always jordan and pippen and then in the mid 90's it became superman batman and rodman.  and i know this was before your time but he also  had john paxson who was one of the leagues best role players ,probably in history, jordan didn't do it by himself either. oh yeah and he didn't start winning either til he had phil jackson

let's see duncan had david robinson, no? the TWIN TOWERS, for two of those championships,lol  his 3rd he didn't win by himself neither, he had like you said ginobli, parker, bowen , ect. 

hakeem, wait a minute didn't he have clyde drexler with him? and also he had sam cassel , otis thorpe, vernon maxwell, kenny smith, mario ellie, and robert horry, he didn't exactly do it by himself neither

birds celtics? pete maravich, kevin mchale, nate archibald, robert parish, danny ainge, dennis johnson, bill walton he never did it by himself either, in fact the celtics were always refered by the bird mchale celtics.

Nothing is before my time with basketball, and what are you, like 2 years older than me anyways? LOL. Like I said, it was ALWAYS Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Duncan's Spurs (Robinson deferred), Hakeem's Rockets, etc. With Shaq, you always had 2 superstars who were just as big as one another. Shaq & Penny, Shaq & Kobe, Shaq & Wade, it's just how it was written, man...I'm sorry if you don't get it, but I'm sure others do.

Question: You've had Shaq on your team before. How much easier is it with Shaq than without Shaq?

Eddie Jones: We love to have him. He creates so much for us offensively. Defensively, he gives us opportunities to be more aggressive defensively. Offensively, he creates havok, and gets you open shots. If we can keep him healthy for 82 games, that would be great.

Question: Fans in Miami are obviously excited about having Shaq on the team.

Eddie Jones: Shaquille O'Neal, probably the best player on the planet. When you acquire someone of that magnitude, people are going to come. He's larger than life. Anybody can walk in a building, but when he walks in you notice him.

Question: Have you noticed more community support for the team this season?

Eddie Jones: It's huge. We have definitely crossed that bridge of not having many sellings to acquiring Shaq and everybody in the city speaking about him. It all boils down to what Shaq does. He creates the atmosphere. He's larger than life. He's the biggest guy in this league, the best player in this league, and he's going to create that kind of atmosphere.

Question: Compare Shaq of today with Shaq when you played with him years ago.

Eddie Jones: I don't think he has the athletic ability he had back then. When you get older, you're going to lose something. But he still demands the double-team. When a guy continues to demand a double-team, you can't say anything negative.

Okay, and what's your point? That's an interview from before Shaq had Eddie traded for the second time. LOL. Eddie still isn't telling me anything new, he's speaking of a teammate the way you're supposed to, he didn't say anything about Shaq as a human being, he was talking about him as a player, and I never questioned Shaq's abilities as a player (until his recent decline). On the other hand, what I say is 100% true and it's proven. Shaq cares about his individual accomplishments a whole lot more than team accomplishments...That's why he tried destroying 2 franchises on his path to ensure he ends his career with a "GREAT RESUME". That's all he really cares about, and it's obvious...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 10:36:07 AM »

Are you retarded? SHAQ cheats on his wife...Jordan cheated on his wife. Magic cheated on his wife...99% of NBA players have cheated on their wives, it's just how the life on the road gets to them. Of course, you're a fucking brainwashed dude who eats the shit he gets fed in the media and actually believes Kobe is the anti-Christ and the terrible NBA player who, OMG!, CHEATS ON HIS WIFE!. LMAO@Jake.

$Eg2$

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »

how old are you^?

R U writing a book ???
i like how you dodge the question in fear of getting dissed.

I doubt eg gonna get dissed by this Fake Azz Don/Future Cop

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2006, 12:11:08 AM »
^then why are you avoiding the question?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 12:13:49 AM »

Are you retarded? SHAQ cheats on his wife...Jordan cheated on his wife. Magic cheated on his wife...99% of NBA players have cheated on their wives, it's just how the life on the road gets to them. Of course, you're a fucking brainwashed dude who eats the shit he gets fed in the media and actually believes Kobe is the anti-Christ and the terrible NBA player who, OMG!, CHEATS ON HIS WIFE!. LMAO@Jake.

shaq's wife looks like a monkey, jordan's wife looks like gorilla, and magic's wife looks like a chimpanzee, i'm not saying i condone their acts, which i don't , you should never cheat on your wife, but like i said i'd rather be a cop then cheat on my wife, ESPECIALLY if i had kobe's wife, if i'm retarded then kobe is brain dead, why would you try to FUCK that up.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 01:02:05 AM »

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.

If Kobe really said that, not only is it not a false statement, but it was not meant to be heard by anyone other than the interrogator. The attempt of destroying a young budding superstar's career through jealousy and selfishness is a much worse offense in my book.

so you know for a fact that shaq paid off women? please show us proof, until then , kobe is slandering him

penny had the best years of his career under shaq's leadership, fact , shaq makes players better. why was it then after shaq left the magic penny's numbers and play fell? and if shaq "ruined eddie jones, how come he had his best season in charlotte? again the lakers traded eddie jones to make your idol a starter. glen rice was put in place to knock down threes when shaq was being triple teamed down low, why do you think mitch richmond played for the lakers, why do you think the lakers aquired robert horry in the first place? everything was put in place to build around and complement shaq, cuz after all the lakers were SHAQ"S team.

Orlando was at the beginning of a new dynasty with Penny and Shaq, which Shaq happened to tear apart. In 1995, they were going to be one of the top young teams for years and years to come...Shaq shut their operation down, and they've never recovered after his departure.

Oh so you don't think that Jerry West had a LITTLE bit to do with shaq jumping ship? also after the magic got swept by the bull shaq knew he couldn't win a championship in orlando with the players and personel behind him, that's why and in shaq's words he went to the lakers. he wanted to be in a franchise that knew how to and had the desire to win.

Shaq is the one who had Penny drafted by the Magic
actually shaq had nothing to do with the drafting of penny hardaway, who wasn't even DRAFTED by the magic, Chris Webber was drafted to the magic, him and shaq were suppose to be that eras TWIN towers, then the magic's GM traded him for Penny. Shaq had nothing to do with that process, he was BARELY coming off a ROY season , he had no kind of pull in orlando yet.

and then jumped ships to the Lakers, because a hatred for Penny and his fame grew within him. He left the Magic on stuck, ultimately dumping a whole lot of pressure on Penny's back and cursing his career.

in all fairness to penny, the orlando magic were still a very well built team with nick anderson dennis scott and horace grant, and the rest of the cast , the only difference was ronny sikely at center instead of shaq. seriously it's not like the whole team was disbanded . in essence you just admitted that penny wasn't THAT important and that it was SHAQ that made him and that team great.

When he came to the Lakers, he had the same problem with Eddie Jones...Eddie could have just as easily moved to small forward (a position he played throughout his career often), which is what upper management wanted to do, since he was a project of Jerry West and West didn't wanna give up on him
actually young one. when shaq came to the lakers him nick van exel and eddie jones got a long VERY well. Eddie could have moved to small forward BUT it wasn't what upper management was going to do with him, they were going to leave him at SG and put KOBE at SF, Del harris actually ran it this way many of times but what the lakers were trying to do was get a strong outside presence that shaq could kick it out to. hence glen rice being brought into the picture, mitch richmond, robert horry, ect. that's why all of those players came in and out of the organization. eddie whether shaq 'requested it or not' was traded more so FOR kobe than for shaq, eddie and kobe were both natural SHOOTING guards, having them at SF in the west at this time would not work, you could not keep both and expect one to come off the bench, Kobe had became what JW wanted eddie to be and more, also $$ it would be cheaper to bring in an aging glen rice than eddie, trading him out to charlotte worked well for both teams, charlotte got a young talent and got rid of a declining vet, the lakers got what they wanted as well a bone-a-fied 3 point threat and more time for kobe. again whether shaq 'had eddie traded' wasn't a personal move....actually and this is factual when the lakers played the hornets shaq and eddie embraced and even had a laugh or two, now shaq didn't do this with penny and kobe, two players we KNOW he hated, so wtf. show me PROOF that they hated each other.

Robert Horry came to the Lakers because Cedric Ceballos wasn't complying and gave us a lot of problems, especially during Magic Johnson's return. He had a lot of issues with Magic taking a lot of his minutes at small forward when he believed in himself as a franchise player (he even nicknamed himself "chise"). We took the best offer we could get for Ceballos, it's not that we actually wanted Robert Horry in particular, he was just having problems with his staff at the time and was the best trade we could get...
tue but we also got rid of cedric ceballos to make more $ room for shaq's contract as well. plus that and getting robert horry helped give the lakers more peremeter threats, also horry was having problems with the suns because of the coach, the lakers did want him because he had playoff ane clutch experience (which paid off just a LITTLE BIT i might add) even jerry west said this in 97' when he was talking with stu lance on lakers live

Everything was built around Shaq cuz that's how he demanded it
he didn't even have to demand it, shaq was and is a superstar that you BUILD around!  :laugh: who were the lakers going to build around, nick van exel? eddie jones? travis knight? cedrice ceballos? Jerry west nabbed shaq with the intent on building around him, with the intent on making him the franchise player.

When it was time to build around Kobe (late 2001), the operation began, and Shaq got so damn mad that he threatned not to rebound and play defense if the offense didn't run through him and he wouldn't get more touches, so Phil Jackson asked Kobe to pull back...Very known story that you should know as well.

shaq was still in his prime why should he of defered?? he was still the most dominant presence in the league. the lakers faired better when the offense ran through him for 3 quarters and through kobe in the last. 

so shaq should have kneeled down to kobe ? riiiight kobe's just BARELY learning how to pass and get his teammates involved, he's just barely beginning to become a leader. Shaq was in his prime, and kobe was trying to be the leader, Shaq's going to win that leadership battle especially in the triangle offense which was built to have a dominant big man in the middle. kobe is the best player all around, i'll admit that and has been for a while , but you can't deny he's more selfish than shaq, who was already making players around him better before kobe even heard of the concept . shaq wasn't trying to get rid of kobe until kobe started getting a big head. say what you want but shaq's leadership and experience is more valuable to a team than kobe's PPG. How many teams has shaq been the leader of? How many of them went to the finals? how many of them has he won a championship with? this goes back to resumes. a shaq team has  only missed the playoffs ONE time (his rookie season)

Remind me the last time Shaq wasn't pampered with a team ready to win built around him and another superstar?

the orlando magic....the year before shaq came to the squad , worst team in the nba. come to the magic they finish at .500  a year later they make the playoffs , another year later they go to the finals, the next year they lose to probably the best team ever assembled in the ECF's.  all that in 4 years. now lets see if kobe makes it to finals this year, with all due respects to penny, lamar odom is a better player than penny. lakers with shaq 4 finals appeance, lakers without 0

the miami heat, with caron butler, brian grant , eddie jones, dwane wade, AND lamar odom eek by with one of the last spots in the east and get into the second round of the playoffs in the east.  shaq shows up , 3 of those KEY players are gone and they damn  near make it to the finals and the next year they win it all and have one of the best records in the NBA, while the 3 players that got  traded for shaq help the lakers NOT make the playoffs the first year and they lose in the first round. miami heat with out shaq 0 finals appearances, heat with shaq almost 2

at no point was kobe on the same level of shaq when it came to leadership skills or making the teamates better. why would kobe be put above shaq back then? maybe last season but other than that no.

when he could have just as easily been a superstar on any other team in the league.

yes he could have been a superstar on any other team, same as iverson no championships, same as garnette, no championships, same as steve nash, no championships, same as dirk, no championships, same as lebron no championships, same as mc grady , no championships....shall i continue?
He was willing to learn, condition night in and night out for his team, whatever it took to make them better.
all of it was the team right, kobe had NO self interest,,lol

Shaq was the one who wanted Kobe traded, BEFORE THEY EVEN WON ANY TITLES TOGETHER!
it was still shaq's team....kobe didn't do anything at that point to challenge that status, he was a young disruption trying to take over a team that wasn't his, trying and not doing. shaq wanted a 2nd banna not someone who was going to fight shaq for his spot. kobe was expendable at the time shaq was not.

Why did Shaq look his absolute best alongside Kobe around 2000-2001?
Because Kobe was WILLING to defer to Shaq,

kobe had nothing to do with that, that was all phil jackson, kobe didn't completely defer to shaq either...

he was opening the outside and getting Shaq all those lovely dunks, pretty much like what Wade is doing now and Penny did before, only not nearly as good.

lol , kobe got more pretty shots than shaq because of shaq's presence

To say Kobe is more selfish than Shaq is a joke...Shaq takes time off in the middle of the season and tells the great Jerry Buss "I got injured on company time and I'll heal on company time"...Kobe gets injured, and he takes care of it in the off-seaosn, just so that he can be prepared to lead his team when it's time...LOLLLL@comparing the two's selfishness. :grumpy:
so when shaq hyperextended his knee against the t wolves in 97' he should have just played through it....lol big men's injuries are more big of a deal than SG's whatever man , it's not like kobe ever missed a long string of games before due to injuries right? lol

let's see michael jordan had scottie pippen and dennis rodman,another top 50 players of all time and the nba's greatest rebounders. it was always jordan and pippen and then in the mid 90's it became superman batman and rodman.  and i know this was before your time but he also  had john paxson who was one of the leagues best role players ,probably in history, jordan didn't do it by himself either. oh yeah and he didn't start winning either til he had phil jackson

let's see duncan had david robinson, no? the TWIN TOWERS, for two of those championships,lol  his 3rd he didn't win by himself neither, he had like you said ginobli, parker, bowen , ect. 

hakeem, wait a minute didn't he have clyde drexler with him? and also he had sam cassel , otis thorpe, vernon maxwell, kenny smith, mario ellie, and robert horry, he didn't exactly do it by himself neither

birds celtics? pete maravich, kevin mchale, nate archibald, robert parish, danny ainge, dennis johnson, bill walton he never did it by himself either, in fact the celtics were always refered by the bird mchale celtics.

Nothing is before my time with basketball, and what are you, like 2 years older than me anyways? LOL. Like I said, it was ALWAYS Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Duncan's Spurs (Robinson deferred), Hakeem's Rockets, etc. With Shaq, you always had 2 superstars who were just as big as one another. Shaq & Penny, Shaq & Kobe, Shaq & Wade, it's just how it was written, man...I'm sorry if you don't get it, but I'm sure others do.

Question: You've had Shaq on your team before. How much easier is it with Shaq than without Shaq?

Eddie Jones: We love to have him. He creates so much for us offensively. Defensively, he gives us opportunities to be more aggressive defensively. Offensively, he creates havok, and gets you open shots. If we can keep him healthy for 82 games, that would be great.

Question: Fans in Miami are obviously excited about having Shaq on the team.

Eddie Jones: Shaquille O'Neal, probably the best player on the planet. When you acquire someone of that magnitude, people are going to come. He's larger than life. Anybody can walk in a building, but when he walks in you notice him.

Question: Have you noticed more community support for the team this season?

Eddie Jones: It's huge. We have definitely crossed that bridge of not having many sellings to acquiring Shaq and everybody in the city speaking about him. It all boils down to what Shaq does. He creates the atmosphere. He's larger than life. He's the biggest guy in this league, the best player in this league, and he's going to create that kind of atmosphere.

Question: Compare Shaq of today with Shaq when you played with him years ago.

Eddie Jones: I don't think he has the athletic ability he had back then. When you get older, you're going to lose something. But he still demands the double-team. When a guy continues to demand a double-team, you can't say anything negative.

Okay, and what's your point? That's an interview from before Shaq had Eddie traded for the second time. LOL. Eddie still isn't telling me anything new, he's speaking of a teammate the way you're supposed to, he didn't say anything about Shaq as a human being, he was talking about him as a player, and I never questioned Shaq's abilities as a player (until his recent decline). On the other hand, what I say is 100% true and it's proven. Shaq cares about his individual accomplishments a whole lot more than team accomplishments...That's why he tried destroying 2 franchises on his path to ensure he ends his career with a "GREAT RESUME". That's all he really cares about, and it's obvious...PeACe
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:05:23 AM by Don Jacob »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »

shaq's wife looks like a monkey, jordan's wife looks like gorilla, and magic's wife looks like a chimpanzee, i'm not saying i condone their acts, which i don't , you should never cheat on your wife, but like i said i'd rather be a cop then cheat on my wife, ESPECIALLY if i had kobe's wife, if i'm retarded then kobe is brain dead, why would you try to FUCK that up.

Kobe is brain-dead cuz he cheated, but it's okay for Shaq? LMAO. Do you know what it's like for these athletes to have all sorts of different pussy thrown in their face and to have to stick with ONE for the rest of their life? That's HELL on a male. It's not even about looks dude, you're acting immature...LOL. It's called human nature, the temptation is so great that the majority of athletes do fall into it, right or wrong. Has nothing to do with being brain-dead, Kobe's wife knows she has a fucking gem and she will never let that go...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »
Penny Hardaway > Dwyane Wade

fuck Shaq

I'm out
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2006, 12:12:37 PM »
so you know for a fact that shaq paid off women? please show us proof, until then , kobe is slandering him

Yes, I know for a FACT. It's been known throughout Lakerdom, you're just not up to date with your shit...Like I keep saying, read some Laker books and inform yourself, cuz you're obviously speaking despite your lack of knowledge.

Once again, you don't know the story. Penny actually put his best numbers up in early 1995 when Shaq was out with an injury. The Magic were playing EXCELLENT to open that season, with Shaq out on the sideline nursing one of his injuries...That's when Orlando's management decided they were gunna focus on Penny and Shaq equally, only Penny was getting more commercial succes and better endorsements...Shaq was flopping with Reebok, while Penny was cashing the fuck in with Nike. Penny and Lil Penny (you remember that puppet Nike had in their commercials) owned the spotlight for that period. Shaq even had a commercial of his own where he was shown smacking a puppet (supposed to be Lil Penny) off of a table...That's when things started to tumble downward in Orlando. Chidish Shaq, always coming up with those goofy antics that tear apart his surrroundings, yet benefit himself.

actually shaq had nothing to do with the drafting of penny hardaway, who wasn't even DRAFTED by the magic, Chris Webber was drafted to the magic, him and shaq were suppose to be that eras TWIN towers, then the magic's GM traded him for Penny. Shaq had nothing to do with that process, he was BARELY coming off a ROY season , he had no kind of pull in orlando yet.

LMAO@this guy, always speaking when he doesn't know shit. Penny and Shaq had worked out together way before the draft, at which point Penny dazzled Shaq with his amazing talent. Penny had worked out for the Magic earlier, but they didn't really like him, they were set on picking Webber...However, Shaq pleaded with upper management to work Penny out again cuz he really wanted him as a teammate... they did, and this time he dazzled the the Magic too...The draft deal was set way before the draft. it's funny how much you speak of shit when you don't know shit...Once again, READ SOME LAKER BOOKS.

in all fairness to penny, the orlando magic were still a very well built team with nick anderson dennis scott and horace grant, and the rest of the cast , the only difference was ronny sikely at center instead of shaq. seriously it's not like the whole team was disbanded . in essence you just admitted that penny wasn't THAT important and that it was SHAQ that made him and that team great.

They were built around TWO superstars. ONE superstar departed, they STILL made the playoffs the next season minus Shaq. Please make sense... ::)

actually young one. when shaq came to the lakers him nick van exel and eddie jones got a long VERY well. Eddie could have moved to small forward BUT it wasn't what upper management was going to do with him, they were going to leave him at SG and put KOBE at SF, Del harris actually ran it this way many of times but what the lakers were trying to do was get a strong outside presence that shaq could kick it out to. hence glen rice being brought into the picture, mitch richmond, robert horry, ect. that's why all of those players came in and out of the organization. eddie whether shaq 'requested it or not' was traded more so FOR kobe than for shaq, eddie and kobe were both natural SHOOTING guards, having them at SF in the west at this time would not work, you could not keep both and expect one to come off the bench, Kobe had became what JW wanted eddie to be and more, also $$ it would be cheaper to bring in an aging glen rice than eddie, trading him out to charlotte worked well for both teams, charlotte got a young talent and got rid of a declining vet, the lakers got what they wanted as well a bone-a-fied 3 point threat and more time for kobe. again whether shaq 'had eddie traded' wasn't a personal move....actually and this is factual when the lakers played the hornets shaq and eddie embraced and even had a laugh or two, now shaq didn't do this with penny and kobe, two players we KNOW he hated, so wtf. show me PROOF that they hated each other.

LOLLL. You're hilarious. Calling me young one, yet getting schooled left and right. You must feel like a big douche, making up a bunch of shit, while I've read so damn much on this subject, that what I'm saying means so much more. You already lost all credibility when you claimed Shaq had nothing to do with Penny coming to the Magic, but I'll keep the lesson going for you. The bottom line is that Eddie Jones wanted a lot more touches on the team, and Shaq saw it as a problem, considering Eddie Jones was a ball-dominant guard, who loved slashing into Shaq's lane. That's when he went to Jerry West with a plea to trade Jones for someone less demanding, maybe a spot-up shooter...West told Shaq that Eddie Jones was his pick and that he wanted to keep him, but Shaq wasn't having it, and they had the deal worked out for Rice...You're right about one thing, they picked Rice because of their need for a shooter, but they didn't actually wanna trade Eddie Jones for a shooter. Especially at that time, Eddie was considered a rising star, he never really even reached the superstar status people thought he would after that...Basically, arguing that Shaq had Eddie Jones traded is retarded. That's all there is to it.

tue but we also got rid of cedric ceballos to make more $ room for shaq's contract as well. plus that and getting robert horry helped give the lakers more peremeter threats, also horry was having problems with the suns because of the coach, the lakers did want him because he had playoff ane clutch experience (which paid off just a LITTLE BIT i might add) even jerry west said this in 97' when he was talking with stu lance on lakers live

Ceballos was dumped for Shaq's salary? LMFAOOO!!!! WOW, that was a good one. SHAQ AND CEBALLOS PLAYED TOGETHER, AFTER SHAQ ALREADY HAD A GUARANTEED CONTRACT WITH THE LAKERS. The shit you come up with is amazing, Ceballos was traded purely for attitude problems and team chemistry. Do you not remember when he missed some games to spend time with his family in Lake Havasu, Arizona? Lakers were concerned, because he never called in to notify, he just vanished. They thought something had happened to him, but turns out Ceballos was being a dickhead, and everything after that lead up to his trade.

he didn't even have to demand it, shaq was and is a superstar that you BUILD around!  :laugh: who were the lakers going to build around, nick van exel? eddie jones? travis knight? cedrice ceballos? Jerry west nabbed shaq with the intent on building around him, with the intent on making him the franchise player.

Once again, we know Shaq had the Lakers built around him. What I'm saying is that when it came time to build around someone else, or build around Shaq AND someone else, that's when he wasn't having it...Get it yet?

shaq was still in his prime why should he of defered?? he was still the most dominant presence in the league. the lakers faired better when the offense ran through him for 3 quarters and through kobe in the last.

Actually, no, this is when Shaq started declining. His injuries were really bothering him, he was sitting out extensive amount of games for a toe injury, he was getting fat and out of shape. Kobe was a hard worker, getting better and better, basically the opposite of Shaq. It was Kobe's time, PHIL JACKSON CALLED FOR IT, Shaq just wasn't having it. Since when is it okay for a player to question his coach? ESPECIALLY Phil Jackson...I guess cuz it's Shaq, the big primodonna, it was okay... :-\

orlando magic....the year before shaq came to the squad , worst team in the nba. come to the magic they finish at .500  a year later they make the playoffs , another year later they go to the finals, the next year they lose to probably the best team ever assembled in the ECF's.  all that in 4 years. now lets see if kobe makes it to finals this year, with all due respects to penny, lamar odom is a better player than penny. lakers with shaq 4 finals appeance, lakers without 0

the miami heat, with caron butler, brian grant , eddie jones, dwane wade, AND lamar odom eek by with one of the last spots in the east and get into the second round of the playoffs in the east.  shaq shows up , 3 of those KEY players are gone and they damn  near make it to the finals and the next year they win it all and have one of the best records in the NBA, while the 3 players that got  traded for shaq help the lakers NOT make the playoffs the first year and they lose in the first round. miami heat with out shaq 0 finals appearances, heat with shaq almost 2

Dude, it's evident that you're a fucking Shaq fan, NOT A LAKER FAN. I'm sorry man, I've just never seen someone's dick shoved up so far someones throat, especially when it's a fucking DESTRUCTOR of your very own team. Very sad. You're quite hilarious. LMFAO@Lamar Odom being better than Penny Hardaway in his prime...HOMIE, how do you even compare the 2? Penny was one of the first players billed as the next Jordan, averaging at least 20 ppg in every one of his seasons alongside Shaq (minus his rookie season)...He was unquestionably a SUPERSTAR, a player on top of the league...Odom is NOT EVEN AN ALL-STAR YET...Jake, I feel bad for you, man, you love Shaq so much, and he dissed your city, your team, your organization, your player, EVERYTHING LAKERS STAND FOR, SHAQ IS ANTI. LMAO@Lakers having 0 Finals appearances without Shaq. Oh, and LMAO@the 1996 Bulls being the best team ever assembled. :grumpy: Laker fan?

yes he could have been a superstar on any other team, same as iverson no championships, same as garnette, no championships, same as steve nash, no championships, same as dirk, no championships, same as lebron no championships, same as mc grady , no championships....shall i continue?

No...Because Kobe >>> Iverson, Garnett, Nash, Dirk, & T-Mac. :-*

all of it was the team right, kobe had NO self interest,,lol

Everyone has self-interest, but Shaq's self-interest exceeds the average human being's. Kobe is a humble dude, always finding ways to make the LAKERS resume better, as well as his own. Shaq focuses purely on the latter...

it was still shaq's team....kobe didn't do anything at that point to challenge that status, he was a young disruption trying to take over a team that wasn't his, trying and not doing. shaq wanted a 2nd banna not someone who was going to fight shaq for his spot. kobe was expendable at the time shaq was not.

Making more stuff up...Kobe ALWAYS took a back-seat to Shaq, no matter what, he never questioned what his coaches asked of him...You're saying that it was right for Shaq to ask that Kobe gets traded before he even gets anywhere close to his potential? Imagine how the Lakers would look now if your lover Shaq came through with that demand...LMAO@you attempting to justify every gay little thing Shaq has done.

kobe had nothing to do with that, that was all phil jackson, kobe didn't completely defer to shaq either...

Kobe had nothing to do with HIMSELF deferring to Shaq? LMFAO. Okay, that's just too much. :-X

lol , kobe got more pretty shots than shaq because of shaq's presence

They both did a lot for eachother, however, Kobe has proved that he can play on the same level WITHOUT a superstar on his side, Shaq has never proved that he can play on the same level without a superstar guard feeding him for all those lovely wide-open dunks...Or has he? I'm sure you can make something up...

so when shaq hyperextended his knee against the t wolves in 97' he should have just played through it....lol big men's injuries are more big of a deal than SG's whatever man , it's not like kobe ever missed a long string of games before due to injuries right? lol

Your comparisons are sickening...Kobe conditions in the summer and takes care of whatever he has to to be ready for the season. Shaq eats Big Macs and takes vacations during the season whenever he pleases. 2 completely different types of players.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2006, 12:45:54 PM »
Once again, you don't know the story. Penny actually put his best numbers up in early 1995 when Shaq was out with an injury. The Magic were playing EXCELLENT to open that season, with Shaq out on the sideline nursing one of his injuries...That's when Orlando's management decided they were gunna focus on Penny and Shaq equally, only Penny was getting more commercial succes and better endorsements...Shaq was flopping with Reebok, while Penny was cashing the fuck in with Nike. Penny and Lil Penny (you remember that puppet Nike had in their commercials) owned the spotlight for that period. Shaq even had a commercial of his own where he was shown smacking a puppet (supposed to be Lil Penny) off of a table...That's when things started to tumble downward in Orlando. Chidish Shaq, always coming up with those goofy antics that tear apart his surrroundings, yet benefit himself.

oh shiet i used to love lil penny!

here's the commercial you were talkin about

thats fucked up if that commercial came out while they were on the same team.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »

Kobe is brain-dead cuz he cheated, but it's okay for Shaq? LMAO. Do you know what it's like for these athletes to have all sorts of different pussy thrown in their face and to have to stick with ONE for the rest of their life? That's HELL on a male. It's not even about looks dude, you're acting immature...LOL. It's called human nature, the temptation is so great that the majority of athletes do fall into it, right or wrong. Has nothing to do with being brain-dead, Kobe's wife knows she has a fucking gem and she will never let that go...PeACe

dude i just said i don't condone that shit, it's never okay. if you can't handle trying to be faithful , then you shouldn't get married in the first place, just stay a bachelor and fuck 2,000 girls like chamberlin.  and damn man you talk about me having "shaq's dick up my ass " when i havn't even dissed you but then you go and say something like this :
Kobe's wife knows she has a fucking gem and she will never let that go
i'm sorry but that's too  :camp: Kobe is a retard for cheating on his wife, especially with some ugly ass white girl, when he's got this at home i don't care if i had jenna jameson wanting to suck my dick....i'd fly vanessa out  to colorado

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »
thats fucked up if that commercial came out while they were on the same team.

It did... :-X