Author Topic: DUBCNN: Fabolous - From Nothin' To Somethin' (Review)  (Read 154 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
DUBCNN: Fabolous - From Nothin' To Somethin' (Review)
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/fromnothintosomethin/

Today we return with a review of one of Hip-Hop's latest major releases. Def Jam's Fabolous recently released his new album From Nothin' To Somethin', and we weigh in with our opinion on whether this anticipated record has been worth the wait.

From Nothin' To Somethin' receives the Dub Quotable: "From Nothin’ To Somethin’ will undoubtedly entertain those keen to hear more punchlines explaining how rich the record’s creator is...those seeking a comfortable, cohesive collection of brooding bars and ‘dime’ dedications won’t be so satisfied." Read the full review by clicking below:

Fabolous - From Nothin' To Somethin' (Review)

Enjoy, and please remember that you can find plenty more reviews of the latest urban releases by checking out our Review Section.

---

Drop all feedback here, as well as suggestions for releases that you'd like to see DubCNN review next. We'll do our best to cover them for you!
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Lunatic

Re: DUBCNN: Fabolous - From Nothin' To Somethin' (Review)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »
decent review, i'd also give it a 3/5
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
props for the review! 8)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »
You guys can drop suggestions in here if there's any albums you want me to review in the future. I'll take all suggestions into consideration. Only thing I ask is that it's NEW projects that you're suggesting...although it's fine if they've been recently released: eg: a couple of months ago max. At this point I've no plans to start reviewing "Dogg Food" or "Illmatic."  ;D

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

Lil D

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »
yeah man nice revriew, wasnt feelin' the album that much becouse of the very wack production, the album starts of with an amazing intro, then the kinda borig Yep Im Back (very nice lyrics tho, that tru religion shit was crazy), akon delivers his wackest beat to date, make me better is one of my favorites on the album altho its that lovin thing, Diamonds is just another new york track but very much on Dirty south dick if ya ask me, brooklyn was very nice (jay Z: all you niggaz is britney, pull ya panties up), im the man was nice (he mentioned his 10 men), wasnt really feelin' jokes on you (HE DID THE TONY YAYO LAUGH: Haha hah), This is family is crazy tho: 7 minutes of straight street heat, overall i would give this album a 3.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
yeah man nice revriew, wasnt feelin' the album that much becouse of the very wack production, the album starts of with an amazing intro, then the kinda borig Yep Im Back (very nice lyrics tho, that tru religion shit was crazy), akon delivers his wackest beat to date, make me better is one of my favorites on the album altho its that lovin thing, Diamonds is just another new york track but very much on Dirty south dick if ya ask me, brooklyn was very nice (jay Z: all you niggaz is britney, pull ya panties up), im the man was nice (he mentioned his 10 men), wasnt really feelin' jokes on you (HE DID THE TONY YAYO LAUGH: Haha hah), This is family is crazy tho: 7 minutes of straight street heat, overall i would give this album a 3.

Thanks for the feedback. I think if Fab could commit to one style in particular (preferably his cocky "swagger") he'd fare a lot better. It's surreal hearing a track like "Make Me Better" and then some relatively raw, street ish. Once in a while would be cool, but Fab goes back and forth between Romeo and 'gangsta' way too often. I've always felt that he has potential though...maybe next album.

Lil D

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I think if Fab could commit to one style in particular (preferably his cocky "swagger") he'd fare a lot better. It's surreal hearing a track like "Make Me Better" and then some relatively raw, street ish. Once in a while would be cool, but Fab goes back and forth between Romeo and 'gangsta' way too often. I've always felt that he has potential though...maybe next album.
^^yes that is real talk, it just doenst sound right: lets say 45% of the tracks aimed @ the females and the rest on some 'make it rain', street songs, its like he doesnt know which way he wants. Its cool for everyone to have 1-3 slowed down tracks aimed at the girls on the album but fab is kinda overdoin it.
as far as suggestions for albums to revriew: DJ Khaled & R.Kelly both dropped albums.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
SGV's completed a review of the Kelly album. I'll post that ASAP. As for Khaled, I'll try and get a copy of that. I liked "Listennn," and "We Takin' Over" is dope, but I've heard this new one's a letdown. I'll reserve judgement 'til I've heard it and am in reviewing mode.

Lil D

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 02:39:42 PM »
SGV's completed a review of the Kelly album. I'll post that ASAP. As for Khaled, I'll try and get a copy of that. I liked "Listennn," and "We Takin' Over" is dope, but I've heard this new one's a letdown. I'll reserve judgement 'til I've heard it and am in reviewing mode.
ok man, i will be chekking out the review of that Kelly album, yeah i wasnt feeling that Khaled album too (he only produces the intro:01:57WTF), 2 tracks that im Really feeling are: Before The Solution ft.Beanie Sigel & Pooh Bear, The Originators ft.Bone Thugs-6 Mins. of heat.
other tracks that are nice are:I'm from the ghetto, brown paper bag is nice too (nice beat, hook is short but ok) but its just another I Get Money track, takin over was a hard single, New York pt.2 should be an New York anthem but it just sounds 'too' south (no hate to the south)

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
i thought the khaled album was cool

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »

Lunatic...I've got you for a T.I. Vs T.I.P. review, homie! ;D Your sig reminded me that that's a release we have to cover.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »

Lunatic...I've got you for a T.I. Vs T.I.P. review, homie! ;D Your sig reminded me that that's a release we have to cover.

lol good...i'm really looking forward to it 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 06:23:19 PM »
I was a huge Fabolous fan up until "Street Dreams 2: The Mixtape". After that his projects have been weak! This album s no different  :-[
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"