Author Topic: Prince Gets 'Happy Feet' For New Soundtrack  (Read 49 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Prince Gets 'Happy Feet' For New Soundtrack
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:32:38 AM »
A new Prince track, "Song of the Heart," will be found on the soundtrack to the upcoming animated film "Happy Feat," due Oct. 31 via Atlantic. The cut, which features slap bass, piano and horns, was written specifically by Prince for the film, which boasts the voice talents of Elijah Wood, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Robin Williams.

Kidman and Jackman also team up for a cover of Prince's "Kiss" on the album, while k.d. lang puts her own spin on the Beatles' "Golden Slumbers" and Pink updates the Rufus and Chaka Khan-popularized "Tell Me Something Good."

Elsewhere, Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams and Fantasia team up on Stevie Wonder's "I Wish," Jason Mraz's cover of the Steve Miller Band's "The Joker" is mashed up with the Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde's version of Bread's "Everything I Own" and actress Brittany Murphy tackles Queen's "Somebody To Love" and the Earth, Wind & Fire classic "Boogie Wonderland."

The soundtrack will also introduce new Atlantic signing Gia Farrell via the track "Hit Me Up." Her debut album will arrive next year.

"Happy Feet" centers around a family of Antarctic penguins. Wood's young character, Mumble, doesn't possess the singing voice for which his species is known, so he leaves the colony and finds adventures with Ramon of the Adelie Amigos and Lovelace the Guru, both voiced by Williams. Williams also contributes a cover of "My Way," sung in Spanish.

Here is the track list for "Happy Feet":

"Song of the Heart," Prince
"Hit Me Up," Gia Farrell
"Tell Me Something Good," Pink
"The Joker," Jason Mraz / Mashup with "Everything I Own," Chrissie Hynde
"I Wish," Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams, Fantasia
"Boogie Wonderland," Brittany Murphy
"Somebody To Love," Brittany Murphy
"My Way (A Mi Manera)," Robin Williams
"Do It Again," Beach Boys
"Jump N' Move," Brand New Heavies featuring Jamalski
"Kiss," Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman / Mashup with "Heartbreak Hotel," Hugh Jackman
"Golden Slumbers," k.d. lang
"The Story of Mumble Happyfeat," written and produced by John Powell

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com