Author Topic: Watch Shaq back in the '97 Lakers  (Read 1533 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Watch Shaq back in the '97 Lakers
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »

Damn, if only he could stay in that shape.... what a dumbass!

OGB heard it before

Re: Watch Shaq back in the '97 Lakers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 08:52:57 AM »
i'd say this is probably the most exciting team ever.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:15:38 AM »
It's called getting older
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »
+1. That was some crazy shit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »

no its called not working out. look at shaq in 2003. he was about a year out of his prime, but he started the season waaay out of shape
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 11:47:42 PM »

no its called not working out. look at shaq in 2003. he was about a year out of his prime, but he started the season waaay out of shape

yeah and he started 2005 in great shape and almost won the mvp with his lowest number of his career....like 7even said its called getting older. shaq was 24/25 in those clips he's 34/35 now. WALTER PAYTON (probably the most in shape hardest working player ever) wasn't even close to doing the stuff he he did when he was 24/25, at least shaq shows glimpses. also look at centers like david robinson, hakeem, even tim duncan they declined a lot more rapidly than shaq at his age

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

yeah and he started 2005 in great shape and almost won the mvp with his lowest number of his career....like 7even said its called getting older. shaq was 24/25 in those clips he's 34/35 now. WALTER PAYTON (probably the most in shape hardest working player ever) wasn't even close to doing the stuff he he did when he was 24/25, at least shaq shows glimpses. also look at centers like david robinson, hakeem, even tim duncan they declined a lot more rapidly than shaq at his age

Yeah....I mean Shaq did get hella lazy, but even if he tried to stay in top shape with all of his ability, it's no way in the world he could do what he did in the 90's. It happens to EVERYONE....Jordan, Magic, Tim Hardaway, etc. Give Kobe 3-4 years, and we'll be saying "damn....I remember when Kobe used to....." and I can see the same happening with Iverson in a year or two, because suprisingly, he's kept his speed for the most part since he came into the league.

But it's even worst for big men, because all of that weight just weighs down on them more and more throughout their careers.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 08:20:41 AM »

Injuries and age killed Dream.  He relied so much on his athleticism. 

I remember watching a Raptors game when he got traded and watching him try a jumper and getting blocked by a forward.  I just turned the game off.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »

It's called conditioning and keeping an NBA diet... :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
also look at centers like david robinson, hakeem, even tim duncan they declined a lot more rapidly than shaq at his age

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Hakeem was in his prime winning championships in his 30's. David Robinson took a back-seat to Duncan despite still being a top player in his 30's and even won championships doing that...To compare those players and their work-ethic to Shaq's is a joke...And to compare Tim Duncan's decline to Shaq's is flat out outrageous...LOLLLLLLLL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 10:28:55 AM »

Yeah....I mean Shaq did get hella lazy, but even if he tried to stay in top shape with all of his ability, it's no way in the world he could do what he did in the 90's. It happens to EVERYONE....Jordan, Magic, Tim Hardaway, etc. Give Kobe 3-4 years, and we'll be saying "damn....I remember when Kobe used to....." and I can see the same happening with Iverson in a year or two, because suprisingly, he's kept his speed for the most part since he came into the league.

But it's even worst for big men, because all of that weight just weighs down on them more and more throughout their careers.

Nobody's downfall can be compared to Shaq's. If he was smart, he would barely be winding down his prime years right now, STILL winning championships behind Kobe and Phil...Too bad he's a big selfish lazy asshole who ruined his chances at being undisputedly the greatest big man to ever set foot on a basketball court.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »

I remember watching a Raptors game when he got traded and watching him try a jumper and getting blocked by a forward.  I just turned the game off.

Hakeem was so much more of a skilled player than Shaq and better overall...Does anyone remember him in his prime, it was amazing to see a center move like him, with such finess... unstoppable at the same time, he taught Shaq lesson after lesson in the '94 finals, made Shaq look really bad. He still played stellar basketball up into his late 30's until injuries set him back (not being out of shape). Shaq was a power player, once those cheeseburgers caught up, there was NOTHING he could do...Both great players, two different stories.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:57:39 PM »

Hakeem was so much more of a skilled player than Shaq and better overall...Does anyone remember him in his prime, it was amazing to see a center move like him, with such finess... unstoppable at the same time, he taught Shaq lesson after lesson in the '94 finals, made Shaq look really bad. He still played stellar basketball up into his late 30's until injuries set him back (not being out of shape). Shaq was a power player, once those cheeseburgers caught up, there was NOTHING he could do...Both great players, two different stories.

He is my favorite player of all time.  He was such a threat on both ends of the court, blocking shots or just baffling people on the offensive side with the Dream Shake. 

Fun fact, Dream destroyed all of his greatest opposition during the Rockets back to back years.  First Ewing, then Robinson, then Shaq.  No other player has defeated their rivals like that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »

He is my favorite player of all time.  He was such a threat on both ends of the court, blocking shots or just baffling people on the offensive side with the Dream Shake. 

Fun fact, Dream destroyed all of his greatest opposition during the Rockets back to back years.  First Ewing, then Robinson, then Shaq.  No other player has defeated their rivals like that.

Yea...I honestly believe he's the only center who can give Kareem and Wilt a true run for their money.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »

yeah and he started 2005 in great shape and almost won the mvp with his lowest number of his career....

yeah cuz he got back in shape. it had nothing to do with age. thanks for proving my point.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"