Author Topic: XZIBIT album a Classic?  (Read 591 times)

WestCoasta

Re: XZIBIT album a Classic?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »
ya it was good no doubt, about half the tracks were keepers with replay value

I had to edit out some of the Steady Gang tho, they fucked up a couple times

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
That's the thing about this forum. The weeks before a album comes out and tracks leak it is either dope or wack. After it comes out people actually like the album they called wack last week or the opposite. After a couple of months either way there is a appreciation thread on the album.  ;D If I like a album, I like it, doesn't matter to me if I stand alone or not. And with all the opinions on this forum about Xzibit I just decided to wait until the album comes out, buy it and bump it on my own and then I will tell you what I think about it. That's the thing about leaks of tracks. You can't always say that a album is going to be dope or wack off of a couple of tracks.

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »
ya it was good no doubt, about half the tracks were keepers with replay value

I had to edit out some of the Steady Gang tho, they fucked up a couple times

Yeah Crazy Ho was a train wreck. But other than that I thought it was dope. Cold World=  :o

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 12:30:19 PM »
Yeah Crazy Ho was a train wreck.

Suga Free just talking is worth the track tho haha.... and Phil Da Agony has a good verse

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 12:33:03 PM »
It seemed more like a Butch/Suga Free track. When X had Suga Free on Restless he was killin me at the end when Suga is just ad libbing. X sounded like he could not stop laughing.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 02:05:43 PM »
I actually liked S.A.S. on the album, for the most part. "Beware Of Us" is actually one of my fav. tracks on the entire cd. Crazy Ho was a tight track, but Mitchy Slick & Krondon's verse were pretty shit. Kinda pissed that X is no longer affilaited with S.A.S. in any way or form (he confirmed it recently in an interview). They still cool tho. A lot of people on here feelin' Restless big time, and it's 1 that really hasn't caught on to me. I've gave it multiple listens, and average results keep coming up for me. Wierd, because IMO X, Get Your Walk On, Front 2 Back, probably are (combined) my favourite singles, released from ANY album. Lol, now im'a prolly listen 2 Restless 2day, and give it another chance ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »
Always been a X supporter so I think its a classic.
They have a term for that concept, it's called dick ryding.

YOu dumb fuck, so liking someone's rap skills is called dick riding now??  Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 02:12:40 PM »

so an album can be a "classic" after 24 hours these days huh?  ;D

I was kinda high last night when i made this thread  ;D ;D ;D

...but still its a REALLY good album.  THe reason i called it classic is compared to today's quality of music, its like a classic.  No one has had a good album in ages.  ::)

J Bananas

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »
^isnt it ramadaan?

everlast1986

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
after hearing "Moving In Your Chucks" NO

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »
A classic? Naw. A lot better than expected? Hell yeah.

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »
I actually liked S.A.S. on the album, for the most part. "Beware Of Us" is actually one of my fav. tracks on the entire cd. Crazy Ho was a tight track, but Mitchy Slick & Krondon's verse were pretty shit. Kinda pissed that X is no longer affilaited with S.A.S. in any way or form (he confirmed it recently in an interview). They still cool tho. A lot of people on here feelin' Restless big time, and it's 1 that really hasn't caught on to me. I've gave it multiple listens, and average results keep coming up for me. Wierd, because IMO X, Get Your Walk On, Front 2 Back, probably are (combined) my favourite singles, released from ANY album. Lol, now im'a prolly listen 2 Restless 2day, and give it another chance ;D

See Restless is one of his best, but for me that was then Xzibit got into the whole gangsta rap phase. That was right after Bitch Please and the Chronic 2001. That and he was c walkin and shit. I was not with all of that. The music was good, but it was not his image. 40 Days N 40 Nights is probably my favorite Xzibt album.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 02:52:07 PM »
Yea. Right now, I will exclude Full Circle because I think we can all agree that we all need more time.
40 Dayz & 40 Nightz
W.O.M.D.
Man Vs. Machine
Restless
Speed Of Life

Yea, I no speed of life is his 1st album, and it should be ranked higher blah blah blah. I became an X fan after that album, and when I did go get it, it never really grew on me (besides the 2 DOPE singles).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:53:45 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 03:01:06 PM »
Wow that is a first. At The Speed Of Life was sick. That was when he was down with Tha Liks but that is still a dope album. Probably is 2nd or 3rd best imo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:12:35 PM by d-nice »

XaNdEr

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »
yeah, word up

at the speed of life is second on my list

1. 40 dayz & 40 nightz
2. at the speed of life
3. restless
4. weapons of mass destruction
5. man vs. machine

i wont place full circle yet, as said b4 i need more time to really be able to