Author Topic: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out here.  (Read 1976 times)

Trauma-san

Oh, and here's another little quirky fact for you.  How many of you had trouble out of a playstation?  I know that everybody I've met has had a ps1, and a ps2 that simply burnt the fuck up.  Some people have been through 3 or 4 each.  These things are going to be the same, the shit's always fucked up in the design, especially at first.

On the other hand, how many of you have had a gameboy or a DS or a gamecube that fucked up?  Nowhere NEAR as many problems out of Nintendo's shit because they consider it an obligation to make something half-assed bulletproof.  I sell used games and systems on the weekends, and If it says "Nintendo" on it, it still works, period.  I mean I've ran across the occasional gamecube that's fucked up, but most of their stuff is solid, even 20 year old NES systems work fine if you clean the connectors. 

Bomb-Aź

only buy the PS3 of u can afford it...i think i can (a year or so after release)....so i'm gonaa buy it....i know once i get it i won't be disappointed

peace

Don Seer

^ so you're waiting.. what if.. not enough people adopt it, and its seen as as turkey.. will you still bother?

Bomb-Aź

i'm only waiting because i just bought the xbox360...i was planning to buy the PS3 on launch....but ur righ, now it gives me the chance to see what other people think

peace

Bomb-Aź

Oh, and here's another little quirky fact for you.  How many of you had trouble out of a playstation?  I know that everybody I've met has had a ps1, and a ps2 that simply burnt the fuck up.  Some people have been through 3 or 4 each.  These things are going to be the same, the shit's always fucked up in the design, especially at first.

On the other hand, how many of you have had a gameboy or a DS or a gamecube that fucked up?  Nowhere NEAR as many problems out of Nintendo's shit because they consider it an obligation to make something half-assed bulletproof.  I sell used games and systems on the weekends, and If it says "Nintendo" on it, it still works, period.  I mean I've ran across the occasional gamecube that's fucked up, but most of their stuff is solid, even 20 year old NES systems work fine if you clean the connectors. 

i've had a ps2 since 2002...i live in 95% humidity with 30 degrees C temperatures....no issues from my ps2....ever....except that time when i put the fifa dvd in upside down

peace

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ so you're waiting.. what if.. not enough people adopt it, and its seen as as turkey.. will you still bother?

lol i dont think that will happen,its gonna sell out when it comes out,theres alot of people that will only buy the ps3 because its the next playstation so they assume its the best, without taking a solid look at the competitors and see what great things they are doing. The Wii will be much more successfull then the gamecube and the 360 is much more better then xbox but some peeps just dont realise it..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
only buy the PS3 of u can afford it...i think i can (a year or so after release)....so i'm gonaa buy it....i know once i get it i won't be disappointed
peace

yea i think u made the right decision in coppin the 360 espcially since u got sucha good deal on it to begin with. Just chill with that till next year and by then there should be some great games out for ps3(exclusives) , theres just not that solid lineup right now ,theres not that game that u see and ur like "god damn i gotta get a ps3 at launch". By next year though it will be different, i mean its gonna be hard for me to pass on MGS4,that game looks sick!, but again that game isnt coming out till next fall/winter,mayb there might even b a price drop by then lol that would b nice too
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:14:20 AM by Black_Smoke »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

On The Edge of Insanity

you have to buy a HDTV to use the bluray too. so thats like another fat dent in the bank acct.

Yup.  It's total bullshit, one of the absolute WORST examples of a company (Sony) selling us something we abso-fucking lutely do not need.  Not only have they convinced us that our gaming system is not nice enough, now they're trying to convince us that the resolution on our televisions are not nice enough, PLUS, that our media to play movies (DVD) is not nice enough. 

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm still having fun with my ps2.  My t.v. with digital cable still looks fucking great.  My DVD player I bought 5 years ago still looks lifelike as hell, and I don't mind having to change to another DVD every 6 hours of movietime!  It's bullshit!  I dont need anything they're pushing, yet they're trying to make me spend 600 bucks for the shit. 

Think about it.  Fucking MICROSOFT is giving people a better deal than this! If MICROSOFT is whipping your ass on 'consumer friendliness', you KNOW the company is fucking somebody.  MICROSOFT! They're like fucking Satan and even their price is half what Sony's is! 

I do agree with this. I'm even sceptical about getting a 360 now, because I'm heard a lot of people saying that on a normal tv it is hard to make out some features because they are designed to be played in HD. I just re-bought a Dreamcast after not having one for 4-5 years after mine packed up on me back then and that will keep me satisfied until I pick up a Wii next year (unless there are some avaliable between launch and xmas that are not already pre-ordered). DVDs look perfectly fine at the moment and I still sometimes watch videos and don't have any massive complaints at the picture, its more the sound on old VHS's.

I think in a way Nintendo has finally found a way to get more people into gaming. Sony and Microsoft thought the way to do that was brand their consoles as being entertainment centres, which made them expensive and over complicated. The way to really get non-gamers into gaming is to give them something they understand and Nintendo has certainly done that with the Wii, which is why it looks like being a great success.

Trauma-san

Damn, the kid's got sense, AND he has a good musical taste.  Shit. 

Bomb-Aź

you have to buy a HDTV to use the bluray too. so thats like another fat dent in the bank acct.

Yup.  It's total bullshit, one of the absolute WORST examples of a company (Sony) selling us something we abso-fucking lutely do not need.  Not only have they convinced us that our gaming system is not nice enough, now they're trying to convince us that the resolution on our televisions are not nice enough, PLUS, that our media to play movies (DVD) is not nice enough. 

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm still having fun with my ps2.  My t.v. with digital cable still looks fucking great.  My DVD player I bought 5 years ago still looks lifelike as hell, and I don't mind having to change to another DVD every 6 hours of movietime!  It's bullshit!  I dont need anything they're pushing, yet they're trying to make me spend 600 bucks for the shit. 

Think about it.  Fucking MICROSOFT is giving people a better deal than this! If MICROSOFT is whipping your ass on 'consumer friendliness', you KNOW the company is fucking somebody.  MICROSOFT! They're like fucking Satan and even their price is half what Sony's is! 

I do agree with this. I'm even sceptical about getting a 360 now, because I'm heard a lot of people saying that on a normal tv it is hard to make out some features because they are designed to be played in HD. I just re-bought a Dreamcast after not having one for 4-5 years after mine packed up on me back then and that will keep me satisfied until I pick up a Wii next year (unless there are some avaliable between launch and xmas that are not already pre-ordered). DVDs look perfectly fine at the moment and I still sometimes watch videos and don't have any massive complaints at the picture, its more the sound on old VHS's.

I think in a way Nintendo has finally found a way to get more people into gaming. Sony and Microsoft thought the way to do that was brand their consoles as being entertainment centres, which made them expensive and over complicated. The way to really get non-gamers into gaming is to give them something they understand and Nintendo has certainly done that with the Wii, which is why it looks like being a great success.

all the features work..its just that some of the text fonts are optimized for HDTV resolution, so they look a little distorted on a regular....i doesnt really bother me that much, its still legible...if ur TV is big enough it shouldnt be a problem....the rest of the visuals look great

peace

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
Do you work for nintendo or something lol

Your obsessed man!!!!

rik

cus Stone Cold said so.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out her
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 11:57:02 AM »
360< ps3
6 gb<40 gb

just better quailty...so as i hear...

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
i was always a Sony guy, i loved my ps1 and ps2 in fact i still have them connected to my tv just in case i wanna play them.  And when i heard about the PS3 i was all fuckin hyped and was talking mad shit about xbox360 but that was until i played the COD demo at Gamestop.  I became a believer and then a follower 360 is the shit.  I see no reason why to wait and purchase a ps3 when a 360 can do the same thing.  For those comparing hard drive space 20 gb for me is enough space, especially for a game console, i seriously don't see myself feeling up those 20 gigs.  Just wait til Halo 3 comes out next year, then we'll see Microsoft kill Sony.  And my last point why 360>PS3.......

XBOX LIVE
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Don Seer

yeah seriously.. a game console isn't a PC (hdd) and isn't a DVD player.. its for games, and games only..