Author Topic: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out here.  (Read 1978 times)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out her
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 01:39:31 PM »
is it possible to transfer a game onto the HDD and play from the HDD so the loaind times are less?

And does anyone have problems with game videos on the 360...when ever videos play during a game its very jerky and jittery....its happened in 2 games, both new so i doubt its a problem with the games...and it happens everytime a video plays...pls help

peace

No its not possible,well do u mean legally? cuz that would never b avalible because of copyright laws n all that shit, illegally not yet,u could do that with the old xbox, install like a 160gb hardrive and then rip games onto it, i dunno if it will happen wit 360 tho.. What 2 games r they? do any other games besides the 2 work fine?

It is possible already to mod your 360. You cant put the games on your HDD, but you can play burned games.

yeah i read IT IS possible but i wouldn't even try to fuck with mine. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Oh, and here's another little quirky fact for you.  How many of you had trouble out of a playstation?  I know that everybody I've met has had a ps1, and a ps2 that simply burnt the fuck up.  Some people have been through 3 or 4 each.  These things are going to be the same, the shit's always fucked up in the design, especially at first.

On the other hand, how many of you have had a gameboy or a DS or a gamecube that fucked up?  Nowhere NEAR as many problems out of Nintendo's shit because they consider it an obligation to make something half-assed bulletproof.  I sell used games and systems on the weekends, and If it says "Nintendo" on it, it still works, period.  I mean I've ran across the occasional gamecube that's fucked up, but most of their stuff is solid, even 20 year old NES systems work fine if you clean the connectors. 

I must have 100 ps2's in at work with fucked lasers over a period of 3 years. Like irrepairable laser fualts.

The Maestro

Trauma-san

Yup.  Xbox's are bad about burning up the power supply inside, too.  I've seen several like that. 

Bomb-A®

is it possible to transfer a game onto the HDD and play from the HDD so the loaind times are less?

And does anyone have problems with game videos on the 360...when ever videos play during a game its very jerky and jittery....its happened in 2 games, both new so i doubt its a problem with the games...and it happens everytime a video plays...pls help

peace

What 2 games r they? do any other games besides the 2 work fine?

i fixed it...i called xbox customer service and they told me i just had to change a setting in the console's display confidguration...i had to change it from PAL-50 to PAL-60....videos run smooth now

peace

Chief

Bullshit. 

man is there a difference between a 15" monitor and a 19" TFT LCD or whatever the fuck the flat screen is?

if you cant see the difference, hey maybe dont spend the 2000 because you wont put it to good use...

yeah i know it's expensive to buy a big ass plasma or LCD whatever, but you goto understand that technology is moving, and not just the console industry, but everything with it................

it's like putting a sick ass F1 engine into a datsun, yeah it'll still boot, but you wont have the aero dynamics of a f1 car... and you wont get the performance the engine is designed for...

if you cant understand this, you are out of touch, and getting old. sorry.

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 04:32:03 AM »
You should buy a PS3 because it's ran off of Linux which means homebrew out of the box meaning dope shit.

Don Seer

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2006, 04:47:09 AM »
You should buy a PS3 because it's ran off of Linux which means homebrew out of the box meaning dope shit.

and that doesnt mean that people can homebrew either..

and FYI .. wii IS linux too..

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bullshit. 

man is there a difference between a 15" monitor and a 19" TFT LCD or whatever the fuck the flat screen is?

if you cant see the difference, hey maybe dont spend the 2000 because you wont put it to good use...

yeah i know it's expensive to buy a big ass plasma or LCD whatever, but you goto understand that technology is moving, and not just the console industry, but everything with it................

it's like putting a sick ass F1 engine into a datsun, yeah it'll still boot, but you wont have the aero dynamics of a f1 car... and you wont get the performance the engine is designed for...

lol, goooo the Datsun.

Trauma-san

Bullshit. 

buuuuuulshit.  Again, you ignore the obvious point and try to attack it from an incorrect analogy.  A hdtv is not to a widescreen t.v. what a 19 inch lcd monitor is to a 15 inch crt.  Sorry, you're mistaken.  Nice try, next time don't insult me with easily destroyed analogies. 

I'm saying, all things equal, two t.v.s of the same size do not look DRASTICALLY different if one's a regular digital t.v. and one's an hdtv.  I'm sorry, they just don't.  I was at Best Buy last night, I checked them all out side by side, and I swear to god, if ANYTHING, the plasmas had the WORST picture in the entire building. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Trauma's new pro-Nintendo argument:

"HDTV IS THE SAME AS DIGITAL CABLE!"

LMAFO!

Don Seer

LMAFO!

uh no.. thats not what he said..

the truth is.

1) plasma's need an HDTV feed otherwise they make the normal digital feed look shitty
2) places like best buy do that.. they use repeaters to show the same shit across all tv types.. they make the plasma's etc LOOK BAD..

you put garbage in, you cant get anything but garbage out.

best buy should be using high quality sources for the high def tv's.

and fact is.. until everything is HD.. you are going to have in inputs sources that look wack on your expensive tv..

so unless you have HD games consoles and HD digital input for your satellite or cable.. an HD TV is pretty much not worth the hassle.. until you can afford an upscaling dvd player etc etc..

HDTVs aren't in enough homes yet.. especially over here.. dunno what the situation in the states is like..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:40:35 AM by Overseer »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LMAFO!

the truth is.

1) plasma's need an HDTV feed otherwise they make the normal digital feed look shitty
2) places like best buy do that.. they use repeaters to show the same shit across all tv types.. they make the plasma's etc LOOK BAD..

and fact is.. until everything is HD.. you are going to have in inputs sources that look wack on your expensive tv..

so unless you have HD games consoles and HD digital input for your satellite or cable.. an HD TV is pretty much not worth the hassle.. until you can afford an upscaling dvd player etc etc..

HDTVs aren't in enough homes yet.. especially over here.. dunno what the situation in the states is like..

What do you mean it's not what he said? Part of his argument was that he couldn't tell the difference between a regular picture and a high definition picture...Every time Chief explains the difference, he simply denounces it as "bullshit". I understand that he also doesn't feel it's worth the hassle and money, but to say there's no difference is hilarious...PeACe

Don Seer

LMAFO!

the truth is.

What do you mean it's not what he said? Part of his argument was that he couldn't tell the difference between a regular picture and a high definition picture...Every time Chief explains the difference, he simply denounces it as "bullshit". I understand that he also doesn't feel it's worth the hassle and money, but to say there's no difference is hilarious...PeACe

yup. and i explained why tahts the case.. places like best buy don't use a HD feed to the digital equipment. which makes the expensive equipment look shitty as they're putting a low quality feed into a high quality tv. it makes the tv look shit when its not.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LMAFO!

the truth is.

yup. and i explained why tahts the case.. places like best buy don't use a HD feed to the digital equipment. which makes the expensive equipment look shitty as they're putting a low quality feed into a high quality tv. it makes the tv look shit when its not.

Yea, so his argument of it being "pretty much the same" is retarded...I have HDTV and it's 2 different worlds.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 11:14:34 AM »
Bullshit. 

buuuuuulshit.  Again, you ignore the obvious point and try to attack it from an incorrect analogy.  A hdtv is not to a widescreen t.v. what a 19 inch lcd monitor is to a 15 inch crt.  Sorry, you're mistaken.  Nice try, next time don't insult me with easily destroyed analogies. 

I'm saying, all things equal, two t.v.s of the same size do not look DRASTICALLY different if one's a regular digital t.v. and one's an hdtv.  I'm sorry, they just don't.  I was at Best Buy last night, I checked them all out side by side, and I swear to god, if ANYTHING, the plasmas had the WORST picture in the entire building. 

Its a major difference with consoles. Check an 360 on a regular tv and a hd tv, youll see the difference.