Author Topic: Battle For Ownership Of Houston-Based Rap-A-Lot Records Begins...  (Read 325 times)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Battle For Ownership Of Houston-Based Rap-A-Lot Records Begins...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 03:14:41 PM »
j. prince has more influence over his city than you know.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »
lol this shit is kinda funny.. i know alot of ya'll are butt-hurt b/c of this, but look at the 'trail' this is going in.

1. Harry-O sues Suge Knight for what is owed to him
2. Suge ignores Harry-O's claim and loses judgement by default
3. Suge files for bankruptcy to avoid paying Harry-O.. Everyone on the internet bodly claim that Suge Knight has money hidden and/or given the money to J Prince so it can't be 'touched' by Harry-O.
4. Harry-O files lawsuit against J Prince.

It seems like Harry-O is smart, he is suing the money trail. None of ya better take any money from Suge, cuz you'll get sued.

No offense DJR, this isn't a AmeriKKKa thing, this is just some ignorant ass black folks trying to take each other's money.  Also, Death Row and Rap-A-Lot has been out of the game for a few minutes now... I guess you gotta be in the game to be taken out of it.

this is not smart..this is usual lawsuit business ....do you think suges and princes lawyers are dumb??
suge can do business with whoever he wants.(and thats what he is doing right now..lol)..and harry-o cant stop him..this is more or less a publicity stunt..like when the harris lawyer said they will get suges master tapes..that was a straight lie

Yeah, they didn't get the master tapes; they just got the judge to auction them off.  = Same thing

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »
lol this shit is kinda funny.. i know alot of ya'll are butt-hurt b/c of this, but look at the 'trail' this is going in.

1. Harry-O sues Suge Knight for what is owed to him
2. Suge ignores Harry-O's claim and loses judgement by default
3. Suge files for bankruptcy to avoid paying Harry-O.. Everyone on the internet bodly claim that Suge Knight has money hidden and/or given the money to J Prince so it can't be 'touched' by Harry-O.
4. Harry-O files lawsuit against J Prince.

It seems like Harry-O is smart, he is suing the money trail. None of ya better take any money from Suge, cuz you'll get sued.

No offense DJR, this isn't a AmeriKKKa thing, this is just some ignorant ass black folks trying to take each other's money.  Also, Death Row and Rap-A-Lot has been out of the game for a few minutes now... I guess you gotta be in the game to be taken out of it.

this is not smart..this is usual lawsuit business ....do you think suges and princes lawyers are dumb??
suge can do business with whoever he wants.(and thats what he is doing right now..lol)..and harry-o cant stop him..this is more or less a publicity stunt..like when the harris lawyer said they will get suges master tapes..that was a straight lie

Yeah, they didn't get the master tapes; they just got the judge to auction them off.  = Same thing
lol..thats not true.....but i will not go into detail about suges business....if you read all the articles you would find that out yourself

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 06:13:52 AM »
Oh, my bad.   So Suge isn't having to auction off his master tapes?

Bullshit.  Shit's gone, son.  Deathrow is dead, and Harro O or whatever the fuck his name is didn't kill it.  Dr. Dre killed it when he took the heart out of the motherfucker and bounced in 1996.  Suge ciripped and couldn't get shit done for the next 10 years, and now the only people checkin for death row are hard heads like you.  Give it up.  By the way, hit my 'prop' button for teaching you this morning.... or, send 5 dollars in small unmarked bills to

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »

Bullshit.  Shit's gone, son.  Deathrow is dead, and Harro O or whatever the fuck his name is didn't kill it.  Dr. Dre killed it when he took the heart out of the motherfucker and bounced in 1996.  Suge ciripped and couldn't get shit done for the next 10 years, and now the only people checkin for death row are hard heads like you.  Give it up.  By the way, hit my 'prop' button for teaching you this morning.... or, send 5 dollars in small unmarked bills to

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

Dre didn't kill shit when he bounced...

The media killed it, the government killed it, the haters killed it, the mismanagement over @ D.R. killed, too much controversy killed it and in some way Suge himself killed it by allowing all the crazy shit to happen and getting himself in jail.

And it ain't over yet... even till this day...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

kingwell

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »
HARRY-O LOL.  THIS DUDE KEEP GRINDING ON THE RAP LABEL GODFATHERS, GIVE IT A REST MAN.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:21 PM »

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

The media killed it, the government killed it, the haters killed it, the mismanagement over @ D.R. killed, too much controversy killed it and in some way Suge himself killed it by allowing all the crazy shit to happen and getting himself in jail.

all those reasons are directly related to dr dre leaving the label..

dr dre = nice media, no government, no haters, no mismanagement... and good music. (see Aftermath Entertainment)

without dr dre = death row today

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
^well itīs pretty obvious that RALīs not as big on the national or regional scene as they once were but guess what? when all these corny motherfuckers(Mike Jones,Slim,Cham etc etc)are long gone Rap-A-Lot is still gonna be around putting out banging music. and Jīs still making millions of the record sales coz he got a straight up distribution deal with Asylum just like Suge had with Interscope and they never use big time producers so they donīt have to recoupe as much money. and what J got goin on outside of music is extremely relevant coz that means that he can stay putting out whatever he feels like without having to worry about if the shit is gonna sell or not. and indirectly RALīs still the biggest thing in Houston coz J gets points off of Swisha House sales coz he fronted them the extra millions that Asylum didnīt wanna pay them for their distribution deal.

this is just a recycled 1998 death row records argument.

scarface is the 2pac of rap-a-lot, and the other artists will not make that much noise and push units as he did. this doesnt have to conflict with your opinion of RAL quality of music.. there were plenty of people who enjoyed Daz's RRGB album as well.

RAL doesn't control the music scene anymore. They might of influence it just like DR has influenced the West, but ALOT of Houston rappers are succesful without RAL behind them..

Hey, i'm happy J Prince was able to save his money and invest it into other ventures like boxing. But that has nothing to do with control of the rap/houston scene.. Just like idotic Death Row fans felt 'secured' about the labels chances of surviving after hearing reports of Suge watching a boxing match, J Prince's boxing venture doesn't mean that RAL will put out a banging hit record and/or control the houston music scene. Your logic doesn't really make sense.

I hope Harry-O doesn't win the case against RAL, but who knows, in 1994 i thought the same way about Harry O when he made the same allegations against Suge.. And look we are now..

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 04:58:12 AM »

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

dr dre = nice media, no government, no haters, no mismanagement... and good music. (see Aftermath Entertainment)

I STRONGLY disagree with you homie and anyone else who thinks D.R. died when Dre left, don't get me wrong he's a musical legend but there was so much more (talent) over at D.R when he left.

Now I might be a huge D.R. fan but Iīm also trying to be realistic, you make it sound like everything was all good over at Death Row when Dre was there like he was in charge or something and nothing bad happened. Even when he was still an inmate there was already alot of negative media coverage, the government were already keeping a close eye on D.R. because of certain things and The D.O.C. and RBX didnīt leave for nothing so there must have been something wrong...

And Aftermath will NEVER be on the same level as Death Row once was...

All the reasons I mentioned earlier = Death Row today

~Loyalty Is Everything~

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

I STRONGLY disagree with you homie and anyone else who thinks D.R. died when Dre left, don't get me wrong he's a musical legend but there was so much more (talent) over at D.R when he left.

Now I might be a huge D.R. fan but Iīm also trying to be realistic, you make it sound like everything was all good over at Death Row when Dre was there like he was in charge or something and nothing bad happened. Even when he was still an inmate there was already alot of negative media coverage, the government were already keeping a close eye on D.R. because of certain things and The D.O.C. and RBX didnīt leave for nothing so there must have been something wrong...

i understand where you're going with this, and you make good sense. but you have to understand that even good companies lose good employees. So losing RBX and DOC are just a normal casualities that comes with business.

Dre's presence at Death Row did alot of good for the label.

1. He provided the musical leadership for ALL the artists on Death Row.  Doggfather, RRGB both are good albums but seemed to be stuck in this garbarge post g-funk gangsta rap sound.. most of death row's current music sounds the same way. 2pac went to the darker makaveli album.
2. Dre's presence established the leadership structure of Death Row. When he left, it seemed like Daz, Snoop and Pac were trying to be Suge's #2 man.
3. If Dre was VP of Death Row when Suge went to jail, i gurantee Death Row would still be strong. Their finances would be in order and they would of been able to fight Harry-O.. Keep in mind DJR, Death Row lose to Harry-O based on a 'default' judgement not by factual information.
4. Dre is attractive to bigger labels such as interscope... i'm sure his departure from Death Row was a really big influence on Interscope dropping Death Row all together.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 325418
Charlotte, NC 28336

i understand where you're going with this, and you make good sense. but you have to understand that even good companies lose good employees. So losing RBX and DOC are just a normal casualities that comes with business.

Dre's presence at Death Row did alot of good for the label.

1. He provided the musical leadership for ALL the artists on Death Row.  Doggfather, RRGB both are good albums but seemed to be stuck in this garbarge post g-funk gangsta rap sound.. most of death row's current music sounds the same way. 2pac went to the darker makaveli album.
2. Dre's presence established the leadership structure of Death Row. When he left, it seemed like Daz, Snoop and Pac were trying to be Suge's #2 man.
3. If Dre was VP of Death Row when Suge went to jail, i gurantee Death Row would still be strong. Their finances would be in order and they would of been able to fight Harry-O.. Keep in mind DJR, Death Row lose to Harry-O based on a 'default' judgement not by factual information.
4. Dre is attractive to bigger labels such as interscope... i'm sure his departure from Death Row was a really big influence on Interscope dropping Death Row all together.

I can't deny Dre's presence did alot of good for the label, hell he co-founded it!

1.Dre's signature sound was to D.R. what Mannie's was to Cash Money however by '95 Suge had alot of different producers to his exposal, granted most of them were heavily inlfuenced by Dre but still there's no doubt people like Quik, Hutton, Devante, Sam, Soopafly, Pooh and ofcourse Daz were able to make hits with the right artists singing/rapping over their beats. And I wouldn't classify Tha Doggfather as garbage post G-funk gangsta rap sound...
2.I think by '95 Dre had less and less to say over at D.R. and he simply didn't want to be involved as much because of all the controversy, he must have been thinking about heading for the exit that very same year. Everyone knows Suge became more "dominate" as D.R.'s succes started to grow more and more and I guess Daz was already taking over Dre's position as the "overseer". And there was only one real leader over at D.R...
3.You've got an interesting point here although I'm not sure about the financiel aspect, I think Dre kept himself more busy with the music side of things
the rest was left to other people.
4.True...

I guess we can keep going back and forth about this so here's my main point about Dre's departure from D.R., just my opinion the way I see it: It was indeed a loss in terms of production skills, musical leadership and a marketable high profile rap artist/producer BUT at that time D.R. was left with a stable of tight producers, songwriters, mainstream recognizable artists and other affiliates that would have been able to keep the label at the top of the rap game WITHOUT Dr. Dre. It's the things that followed after Pac's death and Suge being send to prison that kept D.R. from being the powerhouse rap label it once was...

Pz
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:10:52 AM by DJR »

~Loyalty Is Everything~