Author Topic: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck  (Read 2147 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »
Doesn't matter, Chick knew the ins and outs of the game of basketball and was a very intelligent and colorful man. He played, was a GM, announced. Nobody has ever come close to Chick Hearns when it comes to announcing AND dedication...Of course the baseball fans are gunna say Vin Scully was the greatest or whatever, but ask anyone who actually knows their sports and doesn't identify mainly with baseball, Chick>Scully.

Again, you're going off to non announcing stuff.  Very intelligent and colorful man? And Scully isn't?  Scully doesn't just come up with  one liners, he speaks poetry and he's simply the best at painting pictures with his words. 

LMAO. Boy, you're smart, aren't ya? Being an intelligent and colorful man has EVERYTHING to do with announcing...The way Chick spoke to the viewers, it's almost like he was sitting right with you in your living room...Nobody will EVER parallel Chick's greatness on the mic, not Scully, not no one...THEN when you factor in how much more he's sacraficed for the Laker organization on top of that, there's no competition...PeACe

Like I said before you idiot, Scully isn't intelligent and colorful?  Here let me break it down for your stupid ass

Best Baseball Annoucer- Vin Scully
Best Basketball Announcer- Chick Hearn

In what sport would it be harder to be good at being an announcer?  Yes, that's right Baseball because it takes much more to describe the action and in baseball if you have the baseball encyclopedia in your head you'll be that much better.  Vin Scully is Baseball, so please don't call me a fucking boy you dumb ass piece of shit. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »
Doesn't matter, Chick knew the ins and outs of the game of basketball and was a very intelligent and colorful man. He played, was a GM, announced. Nobody has ever come close to Chick Hearns when it comes to announcing AND dedication...Of course the baseball fans are gunna say Vin Scully was the greatest or whatever, but ask anyone who actually knows their sports and doesn't identify mainly with baseball, Chick>Scully.

Again, you're going off to non announcing stuff.  Very intelligent and colorful man? And Scully isn't?  Scully doesn't just come up with  one liners, he speaks poetry and he's simply the best at painting pictures with his words. 

LMAO. Boy, you're smart, aren't ya? Being an intelligent and colorful man has EVERYTHING to do with announcing...The way Chick spoke to the viewers, it's almost like he was sitting right with you in your living room...Nobody will EVER parallel Chick's greatness on the mic, not Scully, not no one...THEN when you factor in how much more he's sacraficed for the Laker organization on top of that, there's no competition...PeACe

Like I said before you idiot, Scully isn't intelligent and colorful?  Here let me break it down for your stupid ass

In what sport would it be harder to be good at being an announcer?  Yes, that's right Baseball because it takes much more to describe the action and in baseball if you have the baseball encyclopedia in your head you'll be that much better.  Vin Scully is Baseball, so please don't call me a fucking boy you dumb ass piece of shit. 

LMAO@"what sport would be harder announcing"...LOLLL! Listen, just because you're Mexican and you love baseball doesn't mean it's the hardest sport to announce in, BOY. Basketball is non-stop action, in my opinion, it's much tougher to keep up with the play in basketball when it comes to announcing than in baseball. There's a lot more skill involved, you have to think/speak faster, be more on your toes, etc. And regardless, just because someone would consider baseball tougher to announce in wouldn't make Vin Scully the better announcer ANYWAYS. That's as dumb as saying Babe Ruth was a better athlete than Jordan because baseball is tougher to play...Your arguments are straight stupid...LMAO@"don't call me a boy". I thought you only acted like a female, didn't actually think you were one...And I wasn't calling you a boy anyways, LOL, I was saying "boy", as in "boy, it's hot today"...LOL@these baseball fans, ask any person ever who knows announcing and doesn't have a baseball bias who the greatest announcer ever was... :-*

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 12:06:48 PM »

LMAO@"what sport would be harder announcing"...LOLLL! Listen, just because you're Mexican and you love baseball doesn't mean it's the hardest sport to announce in, BOY. Basketball is non-stop action, in my opinion, it's much tougher to keep up with the play in basketball when it comes to announcing than in baseball. There's a lot more skill involved, you have to think/speak faster, be more on your toes, etc. And regardless, just because someone would consider baseball tougher to announce in wouldn't make Vin Scully the better announcer ANYWAYS. That's as dumb as saying Babe Ruth was a better athlete than Jordan because baseball is tougher to play...Your arguments are straight stupid...LMAO@"don't call me a boy". I thought you only acted like a female, didn't actually think you were one...And I wasn't calling you a boy anyways, LOL, I was saying "boy", as in "boy, it's hot today"...LOL@these baseball fans, ask any person ever who knows announcing and doesn't have a baseball bias who the greatest announcer ever was... :-*

Yeah just ask the American Sporstcasters Hall of Fame?  Who got inducted first? Who has received the Emmy Life Time achievement award in Sporstcasting? 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »

Yeah just ask the American Sporstcasters Hall of Fame?  Who got inducted first? Who has received the Emmy Life Time achievement award in Sporstcasting? 

Of course he's gunna get inducted first, he also started first...Chick has recieved tons and tons of awards throughout his career as well, many of which Scully hasn't...Does that make him better? No...But is he the best announcer ever in my (and MANY others) opinion? YES...If you were a Laker fan (no, not a bandwaggon Laker fan who liked them only when they were champions), you'd already know this... :D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
"Nobody has ever come close to Chick Hearns when it comes to announcing "

lol i don't even know why I continued debating with this fool after that sentence.  End Of Thread...your opinion is shit in this debate

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »

lol i don't even know why I continued debating with this fool after that sentence.  End Of Thread...your opinion is shit in this debate

To me, your opinion holds a whole lot of baseball bias. Lots of people share my view, and I'm pretty sure lots of people share your view as well, but when you tell someone "your opinion is shit", that's how you know you lost...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 12:34:45 PM »

To me, your opinion holds a whole lot of baseball bias. Lots of people share my view, and I'm pretty sure lots of people share your view as well, but when you tell someone "your opinion is shit", that's how you know you lost...

Nah man, that's just a shitty opinion.  No true sports fan would even dare say that. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »

Nah man, that's just a shitty opinion.  No true sports fan would even dare say that. 

Are you kidding me? I've read books dedicated soley to that quote, Chick being by far the greatest at what he did...Lets put it like this, no PERSON has ever come close to matching Chick Hearns greatness and dedication to the Lakers organization, not Jerry West, not Magic Johnson, NO ONE...You're just close minded and can't accept other peoples opinion...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 12:41:01 PM »

Are you kidding me? I've read books dedicated soley to that quote, Chick being by far the greatest at what he did...Lets put it like this, no PERSON has ever come close to matching Chick Hearns greatness and dedication to the Lakers organization, not Jerry West, not Magic Johnson, NO ONE...You're just close minded and can't accept other peoples opinion...PeACe

We're talking about announcing

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 01:10:43 PM »
Vin Scully has been with the dodgers since they were the brooklyn dodgers.....HOOOOOOOOOOOW long ago was that? i call that dedication
Vin Scully has been with the dodgers for over 6 decades...........SIX decades!
Vin Scully holds the distinction of the longest consecutive service of any broadcaster for one team.

john wooden, former UCLA coach, 50 year LA resident, and friend of both Vin Scully and Chick Hern said in the LA times "Vin is absolutely, unquestionably the greatest sports announcer of all time"
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-sp-125woodenmar30,0,3171004.story?coll=la-home-right2

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 01:12:01 PM »

and vin scully hasn't done that for the dodgers? which books have you read that have specifically placed chick hern above people like Vin Scully , Al Michales, Pat Summeral, Dick Vital, ect.

this book right here says vin scully holds that title
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:15:59 PM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WC Iz Active

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 01:16:10 PM »
^^We all know its Scully.  Even Nik knows it he just wont admit he's wrong.  I love both sports equally and I know Chick was great but this is no comparison.  I will say it again Scully is by far the best announcer ever.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »
^^LMAO. Hilarious.

Jake, check:

Go read those books, "Laker fan"...In fact, just type in "greatest announcer chick hearn" into a google search and see what comes up...LOL@these baseball fans and so-called "Laker fans"... ::)

rik

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2006, 04:01:37 PM »
^ The fuck? So if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer you're not a Lakres fan? C'mon now I'm a Die hard Laker/Dodger fan and it's hard to choose one. But for you to question someones status as a Laker fan cus they don't think Chick is the best is pretty dumb.

PLANT

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 04:06:47 PM »
^ The fuck? So if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer you're not a Lakres fan? C'mon now I'm a Die hard Laker/Dodger fan and it's hard to choose one. But for you to question someones status as a Laker fan cus they don't think Chick is the best is pretty dumb.
yup...not the first time hes made comments like that....