Author Topic: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck  (Read 2144 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »
^ The fuck? So if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer you're not a Lakres fan? C'mon now I'm a Die hard Laker/Dodger fan and it's hard to choose one. But for you to question someones status as a Laker fan cus they don't think Chick is the best is pretty dumb.

Ummm, where did I say that if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer ever that you're not a Laker fan? Javii will pretty much tell you himself that's he's a bandwaggon fan, and I don't even wanna begin with the Shaq/Heat fan...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
yo NIK, you need to get over the Shaq/Kobe thing man.  Im a huge Raptors fan, and Vince Carter fucked us over worse than anything Shaq did IMO....I still love Vince.  Im thankful for what he brought to the franchise and everything he did for our team.  Doesnt help hes got the best highlight package going, but still.  VC will always be dope to me.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »
yo NIK, you need to get over the Shaq/Kobe thing man.  Im a huge Raptors fan, and Vince Carter fucked us over worse than anything Shaq did IMO....I still love Vince.  Im thankful for what he brought to the franchise and everything he did for our team.  Doesnt help hes got the best highlight package going, but still.  VC will always be dope to me.

real talk.  Artest screwed the Pacers over harder than Shaq ever did with the Lakers and he is still my 3rd favorite player in the league behind JO and Harrington.  Gotta get over things

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 05:23:45 PM »

Dude, you have no idea what went down to even say "Vince fucked us way worse"... Trust me, man, when you're a Laker fan like me and you really see the sneaky shit Shaq did to damage our organization and it's reputation through selfishness and jealousy, that shit is unforgivable...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 05:24:25 PM »

real talk.  Artest screwed the Pacers over harder than Shaq ever did with the Lakers and he is still my 3rd favorite player in the league behind JO and Harrington.  Gotta get over things

Once again, LMAO...Kids think they know the situation. read some Laker books and then get back to me...PeACe

rik

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »
^ The fuck? So if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer you're not a Lakres fan? C'mon now I'm a Die hard Laker/Dodger fan and it's hard to choose one. But for you to question someones status as a Laker fan cus they don't think Chick is the best is pretty dumb.

Ummm, where did I say that if you don't think Chick is the greatest announcer ever that you're not a Laker fan? Javii will pretty much tell you himself that's he's a bandwaggon fan, and I don't even wanna begin with the Shaq/Heat fan...PeACe

Well, I took it that you were calling them out as fans cus of this arguement but I guess you were calling them out cus of a past incident.

rik

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »
I agree with NIK on the fuck Shaq tip.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 07:49:28 PM »
I lost interest in basketball, I followed the Lakers through those fucked up ass sweeps vs the Jazz and the Spurs.  It had nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan you fucking dumbass

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
^^LMAO. Hilarious.

Jake, check:

Go read those books, "Laker fan"...In fact, just type in "greatest announcer chick hearn" into a google search and see what comes up...LOL@these baseball fans and so-called "Laker fans"... ::)

hmm that shows me nothing, 1  is a book of personal memoirs and the others are history books about the laker organization.

if you wan to prove something then use quotes out of the book....also it'd help if you used non bias sources aswell, that's like giving me the bible as proof as jesus' existance

and about the google search

"greatest announcer chick hern"

Amazon.com: Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of ...For 3338 consecutive games Chick Hern was the voice of the L.A. Lakers. ... He was abosolutely the greatest announcer the NBA has ever known. ...
www.amazon.com/Chick-Unpublished-Memoirs-Memories-Those/dp/1572436182 - 125k - Cached - Similar pages

IMDb user comments for Body Slam (1987)This great film, for which Rad is a major study, has been overlooked because its ... That just proves how Chick Hern is the best announcer of all time. ...www.imdb.com/title/tt0092684/usercomments - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

Guest Book - Bill KingLiving here in Southern California, people talk about the great broadcast legends... Vin Scully, Chick Hern, etc. But, nobody in my mind carries weight with Bill King ...
www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=15433569&PageNo=20 - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Guest Book - Bill KingBill was the greatest announcer in the history of announcing. ... people talk about the great broadcast legends... Vin Scully, Chick Hern, etc. ...
www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?Mode=Print&PersonID=15433569 - 551k - Cached - Similar pages

Gilligan's IslandThe voice of Charles Maxwell (the radio announcer on most episodes) again ... Guest appearances by Chick Hern (radio commentator), George Neeise (NASA ...
home.mn.rr.com/classictv/GilligansIsland.html - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

NPR : NPR CorrectionsIt came mostly from Canada and the Great Lakes region. ... California, heard our story about play-by-play announcer Chick Hern and she points out that we ...
www.npr.org/corrections/index_2004.html - Similar pages

The Goon Show Site - Comedy Quotes From The GoonsAnnouncer: We included that recording of a cockerel for people who like that sort of thing. The Great British Revolution Home Secretary: Are those rifles ...
www.thegoonshow.net/quotes.asp - 77k - Cached - Similar pages

The Goon Show Site - Scripts - The FleaWe'll persuood [stumbles] to the hern hern and the hern. This week the play is entitled... FX: [Great build up fanfare]. Seagoon: ...
www.thegoonshow.net/scripts_show.asp?title=flea - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

skeet on mischa: 06/01/2005 - 06/30/2005what happened to the chick from "lost"? i may not dig upon blondes, but on the show, ... worst announcers ever. tim mccarver is such a jerk, i mean, ...
skeetonmischa.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_skeetonmischa_archive.html - 160k - Cached - Similar pages

Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon & Tina FeyAnnouncer: From Studio 8H in Rockefeller Center, this is "Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon ... Oprah Winfrey has named hern ew $51 million estate Tara II, ...
snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01tupdate.phtml - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

hmmmm the only thing about chick being great was someone on a message board like this.

google search :

"greatest announcer vin scully"

Salon Brilliant Careers | Vin ScullyOther radio announcers can tell you what's happening on the field, and you can imagine it. With Vin Scully, you can see it. His command of the language and ...
www.salon.com/people/bc/1999/10/12/scully/ - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Vin Scully - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaVin knew he wanted to be a sports announcer the moment he became fascinated ... Outside of Southern California, Vin Scully is probably best remembered for ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Scully - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

PrawfsBlawg: The Best Sports AnnouncerI adore Vin Scully, and not just because he's the Dodgers' announcer (though ... Murphy will never make the "greatest baseball broadcasters" conversation, ...
prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2006/10/the_best_sports.html - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

Los Angeles Dodgers : Roster : BroadcastersThe Dodgers, with Jarrin and longtime English-language broadcaster Vin Scully, are the only Major League club to feature a pair of Hall of Fame announcers. ...losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/broadcasters.jsp?c_id=la - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Amazon.com: Voices of Summer: Baseball's Greatest Announcers ...His top pick, Dodger announcer Vin Scully, may be beyond argument; ... Now we are getting profiles of 101 great announcers, in profiles that are mostly ...
www.amazon.com/Voices-Summer-Baseballs-Greatest-Announcers/dp/0786714468 - 131k - Cached - Similar pages

Vin Scully Quotes by Baseball Almanac"As the voice of the Dodgers for over 40 years, Vin Scully is recognized as one of the truly great baseball announcers. To baseball fans, including the ...
www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/vin_scully_quotes.shtml - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

A Legendary Career That Speaks for ItselfVin Scully began broadcasting Dodgers games since 1950 and thanks to the ... of 100 score) in his book, "Voices of Summer: Baseball's Greatest Announcers. ...
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/04/AR2005070400935.html - Similar pages

The Baseball Analysts: Growing Up With Vin ScullyA great essay on the ultimate baseball announcer. Since I live in the Midwest, I don't get to hear Scully much, but I'd almost rather listen to Vin on the ...
baseballanalysts.com/archives/2005/03/growing_up_with_1.php - 78k - Cached - Similar pages

Keyboard Quarterbacks: Vin Scully still rulesFor those of living outside the coverage area of Vin Scully, ... He is the last of the great announcers that MLB has left, I wish I could hear more calls, ...
weblogs.newsday.com/sports/KBQB_blog/2006/09/vin_scully_still_rules.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

SFGate: San Francisco Giants : The Splash : Alou does a few things ...Wonderful stories, great voice. I grew up with Vin Scully, and with Jim Murray ... King was, IMO, the greatest radio football announcer ever, I loved him on ...
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=22&entry_id=7701 - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

wow every page says something about vin scully's greatness

thanks NIK you actually HELPED my argument

so lets recap here

i google search chick hern and i get giligan's island, SNL , some fat and poop joke site, a movie review about "Body Slam", and someone giving props to ANOTHER anouncer,lol funny shit

i google search vin scully and i get nothing but how great dude was, how he was the greatest of all time, how he is the voice of baseball (which is like over 100 years old)

thanks NIK

and oh yeah my son don't ever question my loyalty to the lakers......you're showing us how much respect you have for Los Angeles, your just a laker fan , you're not an LA fan

Wooden, the greatest coach of this citiy's greatest college basketball program, and FRIEND of both Scully AND HERN , AND Laker fan said Scully was the best. Are you going to turn around and say he's not a 'true laker fan' like you now too ,lol get out of here with that

like the people said before me you need to get over the whole kobe shaq thing, if toronto fans can forgive Vince and pacer fans can forgive artest , i don't see what's wrong with forgiving and rooting for shaq....afterall it's not like he helped us win any championships....oh wait he did nevermind,lol

nik you are barred from ever having a thesable argument about sports outside of laker basketball on this board, you said it yourself , you're mostly just a basketball fan.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
I lost interest in basketball, I followed the Lakers through those fucked up ass sweeps vs the Jazz and the Spurs.  It had nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan you fucking dumbass

LMAO@this liar...Admit you lost interest when Kobe and Shaq split, you little bitch...If Kobe and Shaq were still "together", this bandwaggon ass fan would still be reppin the Lakers... :-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »

LMAO@this liar...Admit you lost interest when Kobe and Shaq split, you little bitch...If Kobe and Shaq were still "together", this bandwaggon ass fan would still be reppin the Lakers... :-X

Nope, you're simply wrong faggot

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »
^^LMAO. Hilarious.

Jake, check:

Go read those books, "Laker fan"...In fact, just type in "greatest announcer chick hearn" into a google search and see what comes up...LOL@these baseball fans and so-called "Laker fans"... ::)

hmm that shows me nothing, 1  is a book of personal memoirs and the others are history books about the laker organization.

if you wan to prove something then use quotes out of the book....also it'd help if you used non bias sources aswell, that's like giving me the bible as proof as jesus' existance

and about the google search

"greatest announcer chick hern"

Amazon.com: Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of ...For 3338 consecutive games Chick Hern was the voice of the L.A. Lakers. ... He was abosolutely the greatest announcer the NBA has ever known. ...
www.amazon.com/Chick-Unpublished-Memoirs-Memories-Those/dp/1572436182 - 125k - Cached - Similar pages

IMDb user comments for Body Slam (1987)This great film, for which Rad is a major study, has been overlooked because its ... That just proves how Chick Hern is the best announcer of all time. ...www.imdb.com/title/tt0092684/usercomments - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

Guest Book - Bill KingLiving here in Southern California, people talk about the great broadcast legends... Vin Scully, Chick Hern, etc. But, nobody in my mind carries weight with Bill King ...
www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=15433569&PageNo=20 - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Guest Book - Bill KingBill was the greatest announcer in the history of announcing. ... people talk about the great broadcast legends... Vin Scully, Chick Hern, etc. ...
www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?Mode=Print&PersonID=15433569 - 551k - Cached - Similar pages

Gilligan's IslandThe voice of Charles Maxwell (the radio announcer on most episodes) again ... Guest appearances by Chick Hern (radio commentator), George Neeise (NASA ...
home.mn.rr.com/classictv/GilligansIsland.html - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

NPR : NPR CorrectionsIt came mostly from Canada and the Great Lakes region. ... California, heard our story about play-by-play announcer Chick Hern and she points out that we ...
www.npr.org/corrections/index_2004.html - Similar pages

The Goon Show Site - Comedy Quotes From The GoonsAnnouncer: We included that recording of a cockerel for people who like that sort of thing. The Great British Revolution Home Secretary: Are those rifles ...
www.thegoonshow.net/quotes.asp - 77k - Cached - Similar pages

The Goon Show Site - Scripts - The FleaWe'll persuood [stumbles] to the hern hern and the hern. This week the play is entitled... FX: [Great build up fanfare]. Seagoon: ...
www.thegoonshow.net/scripts_show.asp?title=flea - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

skeet on mischa: 06/01/2005 - 06/30/2005what happened to the chick from "lost"? i may not dig upon blondes, but on the show, ... worst announcers ever. tim mccarver is such a jerk, i mean, ...
skeetonmischa.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_skeetonmischa_archive.html - 160k - Cached - Similar pages

Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon & Tina FeyAnnouncer: From Studio 8H in Rockefeller Center, this is "Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon ... Oprah Winfrey has named hern ew $51 million estate Tara II, ...
snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01tupdate.phtml - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

hmmmm the only thing about chick being great was someone on a message board like this.

google search :

"greatest announcer vin scully"

Salon Brilliant Careers | Vin ScullyOther radio announcers can tell you what's happening on the field, and you can imagine it. With Vin Scully, you can see it. His command of the language and ...
www.salon.com/people/bc/1999/10/12/scully/ - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Vin Scully - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaVin knew he wanted to be a sports announcer the moment he became fascinated ... Outside of Southern California, Vin Scully is probably best remembered for ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Scully - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

PrawfsBlawg: The Best Sports AnnouncerI adore Vin Scully, and not just because he's the Dodgers' announcer (though ... Murphy will never make the "greatest baseball broadcasters" conversation, ...
prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2006/10/the_best_sports.html - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

Los Angeles Dodgers : Roster : BroadcastersThe Dodgers, with Jarrin and longtime English-language broadcaster Vin Scully, are the only Major League club to feature a pair of Hall of Fame announcers. ...losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/broadcasters.jsp?c_id=la - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Amazon.com: Voices of Summer: Baseball's Greatest Announcers ...His top pick, Dodger announcer Vin Scully, may be beyond argument; ... Now we are getting profiles of 101 great announcers, in profiles that are mostly ...
www.amazon.com/Voices-Summer-Baseballs-Greatest-Announcers/dp/0786714468 - 131k - Cached - Similar pages

Vin Scully Quotes by Baseball Almanac"As the voice of the Dodgers for over 40 years, Vin Scully is recognized as one of the truly great baseball announcers. To baseball fans, including the ...
www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/vin_scully_quotes.shtml - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

A Legendary Career That Speaks for ItselfVin Scully began broadcasting Dodgers games since 1950 and thanks to the ... of 100 score) in his book, "Voices of Summer: Baseball's Greatest Announcers. ...
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/04/AR2005070400935.html - Similar pages

The Baseball Analysts: Growing Up With Vin ScullyA great essay on the ultimate baseball announcer. Since I live in the Midwest, I don't get to hear Scully much, but I'd almost rather listen to Vin on the ...
baseballanalysts.com/archives/2005/03/growing_up_with_1.php - 78k - Cached - Similar pages

Keyboard Quarterbacks: Vin Scully still rulesFor those of living outside the coverage area of Vin Scully, ... He is the last of the great announcers that MLB has left, I wish I could hear more calls, ...
weblogs.newsday.com/sports/KBQB_blog/2006/09/vin_scully_still_rules.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

SFGate: San Francisco Giants : The Splash : Alou does a few things ...Wonderful stories, great voice. I grew up with Vin Scully, and with Jim Murray ... King was, IMO, the greatest radio football announcer ever, I loved him on ...
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=22&entry_id=7701 - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

wow every page says something about vin scully's greatness

thanks NIK you actually HELPED my argument

so lets recap here

i google search chick hern and i get giligan's island, SNL , some fat and poop joke site, a movie review about "Body Slam", and someone giving props to ANOTHER anouncer,lol funny shit

i google search vin scully and i get nothing but how great dude was, how he was the greatest of all time, how he is the voice of baseball (which is like over 100 years old)

thanks NIK

and oh yeah my son don't ever question my loyalty to the lakers......you're showing us how much respect you have for Los Angeles, your just a laker fan , you're not an LA fan

Wooden, the greatest coach of this citiy's greatest college basketball program, and FRIEND of both Scully AND HERN , AND Laker fan said Scully was the best. Are you going to turn around and say he's not a 'true laker fan' like you now too ,lol get out of here with that

like the people said before me you need to get over the whole kobe shaq thing, if toronto fans can forgive Vince and pacer fans can forgive artest , i don't see what's wrong with forgiving and rooting for shaq....afterall it's not like he helped us win any championships....oh wait he did nevermind,lol

nik you are barred from ever having a thesable argument about sports outside of laker basketball on this board, you said it yourself , you're mostly just a basketball fan.

LOL...Jake, homie, you're trying too hard.

"Chick Hearn was the greatest announcer who ever lived. No one could describe a game, especially one that moves as quickly as basketball, as well as he could. Listening to Chick allowed you to visualize what was happening on the court as though you were there."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/08/07/hearn_react/

http://www.ecxoc.com/chick/

http://www.abbaroo.com/lakers/chick.html

http://www.fletchwon.net/chick.html

"The voice of the Los Angeles Lakers for more than four decades, Hall-of-Famer Chick Hearn is considered to be far and away the best of the best when talking about basketball broadcasting. He was loud, opinionated, and completely himself, and although he loved the takers, (he announced a record 3,338 consecutive games by himself), he wasn't a homer. He was a master of the spoken word. He was playful, calling himself "Chickie Baby," and was responsible for much of the NBA vernacular that exists today. He came up with "slam dunk," "air ball," "finger roll," and 'no harm, no foul.'"

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCJ/is_5_31/ai_114923308

- Broadcast 3,338 consecutive games for the Los Angeles Lakers (November 21, 1965 to December 16, 2001)
- Recipient, 1992 Basketball Hall of Fame Curt Gowdy Media Award
- Member, American Sportscasters Hall of Fame
- Two-time national Sportscaster of the Year
- Three-time Golden Mike Award Winner
- Lifetime Achievement Victor Award
- Academy of Television Arts and Sciences 50th Anniversary Award
- Emmy Award for Excellence in Basketball Coverage (1965)
- Southern California Sports Broadcasters Hall of Fame
- Seven-time California Sportscaster of the Year
- Winner of the first-ever Cable Ace Award
- Star of Hollywood Walk of Fame (1986)

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/hearn_chick.htm

See, I can do the same...But at the end of the day, it really comes down to opinion...And not to diss you or anything, but my opinion is that you don't have the knowledge regarding the Laker organization and Shaq's history to tell Laker fans what to think about Shaq etc. I like the Dodgers too, just like you like the Lakers, but I'm a FAN of the Lakers (...just like you were when Shaq was on the team)... :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2006, 08:43:37 PM »

Nope, you're simply wrong faggot

Yea, sure...LMAO. You even told me on AIM how you were crying that the Laker organization broke up and you were "mad at Kobe" or some gay shit...Punk ass, stick to baseball, Laker fans don't need muthafuckaz ridin' in and out on the bandwaggon...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »
I told you I was pissed off at everybody, you homo.  Get the fuck out of this SPORTS discussion

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
I told you I was pissed off at everybody, you homo.  Get the fuck out of this SPORTS discussion

I add WAY more to this section than you do, LOL@"get out of this sports discussion"...I have way more knowledge on Chick Hearn alone than you do on Vin Scully and Chick Hearn combined, so read some books or suck a nut, girl. :)