Poll

Split The Sport Section in a Football And Basketball Section?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Split The Sport Section in a Football And Basketball Section.  (Read 1534 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Split The Sport Section in a Football And Basketball Section.
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 12:39:18 PM »
I also think Jome's idea is terrible...PeACe

Well, 4 people just co-signed it, you're the only one against.  :poke:

Good for you, I still think it's gay...I hate all these splits and sub-sections, WCC used to have it's own little style and that's part of what attracted people to this place...Too many damn sub-sections nowadays. And why should there be a basketball and "football" forum when there are hundreds of other sports. You'd have to call it soccer anyways, because football is also a sport that is pretty popular amongst this forums' users and why should that not have it's own sub-section if basketball and soccer did? Too much confusion, either leave it as is, or merge Entertainment & Gaming, but stop with the drastic changes...PeACe

PS. TOT is too big of a board to be a sub-section...It should have no affiliation with the G-Spot, which is like a whole different world...PeACe

For the last time football isnt called soccer!!!

Ummm, yea it is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soccer

Maybe you americans call it soccer, but it is football. Football was there way before american football even existed. So no point in discusing this. Its a fact.

It's a fact that it's called soccer...It's also a fact that calling it soccer on a west coast message board makes the most sense as it will avoid confusion from American posters who would think they're going in a section to discuss the Oakland Raiders...PeACe

Its a fact that you americans stole the name football and used it for your pussy ass sport. Be a real man and play without all the fucking protection. Its just rugby with pussy protection.
Im not gonna call it soccer. Theres no point in that, im gonna call it by its name. If you got a problem with that just call it american football.

LMAO@football being a pussy sport...I'd love to see a British rugby faggot getting in a fight with an American football player. And no, I won't call it "American football" when I can just as easily revert to what I've grown up knowing, soccer and football...Once again, even though this board is UK-owned, it's based on the WEST COAST... :-*

i dont give a fuck if im the only european on this board. You cant deny the fact that its called football. If we changed the name in europe of american football to ''american handball'' or whatever. Would you be calling it another name? No i dont think so.

I never said you have to call it something else...Call it what you like, but the fact remains that opening a soccer sub-section and calling it "football" on a west coast hip-hop board would be extremely idiotic.

Well overseer said there isnt gonna be a sub-section. But if hes gonna make a sticky it would be idiotic if he gonna call it soccer. Cuz as you know there are a lot of europeans on this forum, not only americans.

Yea, but Europeans know what soccer is, unless they're retarded...There's nothing they can confuse it with. Once you start calling it football, that's when the confusion begins...At least add a "(soccer)" in there somewhere. It's the LOGICAL thing to do...PeACe

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
i'm actually cool with sports in general, being in one section.  Oddly i think the Laker threads have decrease since creating the Sport section.  Also i love the gaming section because being a gamer and others on the board as well i think it's tight how we can share information/knowledge just like how we all discuss music.  It's the best of both worlds.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006, 01:25:14 PM »
I also think Jome's idea is terrible...PeACe

Well, 4 people just co-signed it, you're the only one against.  :poke:

Good for you, I still think it's gay...I hate all these splits and sub-sections, WCC used to have it's own little style and that's part of what attracted people to this place...Too many damn sub-sections nowadays. And why should there be a basketball and "football" forum when there are hundreds of other sports. You'd have to call it soccer anyways, because football is also a sport that is pretty popular amongst this forums' users and why should that not have it's own sub-section if basketball and soccer did? Too much confusion, either leave it as is, or merge Entertainment & Gaming, but stop with the drastic changes...PeACe

PS. TOT is too big of a board to be a sub-section...It should have no affiliation with the G-Spot, which is like a whole different world...PeACe

For the last time football isnt called soccer!!!

Ummm, yea it is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soccer

Maybe you americans call it soccer, but it is football. Football was there way before american football even existed. So no point in discusing this. Its a fact.

It's a fact that it's called soccer...It's also a fact that calling it soccer on a west coast message board makes the most sense as it will avoid confusion from American posters who would think they're going in a section to discuss the Oakland Raiders...PeACe

Its a fact that you americans stole the name football and used it for your pussy ass sport. Be a real man and play without all the fucking protection. Its just rugby with pussy protection.
Im not gonna call it soccer. Theres no point in that, im gonna call it by its name. If you got a problem with that just call it american football.

LMAO@football being a pussy sport...I'd love to see a British rugby faggot getting in a fight with an American football player. And no, I won't call it "American football" when I can just as easily revert to what I've grown up knowing, soccer and football...Once again, even though this board is UK-owned, it's based on the WEST COAST... :-*

i dont give a fuck if im the only european on this board. You cant deny the fact that its called football. If we changed the name in europe of american football to ''american handball'' or whatever. Would you be calling it another name? No i dont think so.

I never said you have to call it something else...Call it what you like, but the fact remains that opening a soccer sub-section and calling it "football" on a west coast hip-hop board would be extremely idiotic.

Well overseer said there isnt gonna be a sub-section. But if hes gonna make a sticky it would be idiotic if he gonna call it soccer. Cuz as you know there are a lot of europeans on this forum, not only americans.

Yea, but Europeans know what soccer is, unless they're retarded...There's nothing they can confuse it with. Once you start calling it football, that's when the confusion begins...At least add a "(soccer)" in there somewhere. It's the LOGICAL thing to do...PeACe

I can have peace with that. As long as its states football as its offcial name, i got no problem with putting (soccer) in it.

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2006, 03:01:52 PM »

^ "gay quote wars" (yes i just gave them a name!) are more of whats wrong ..

and for the record.. as far as things go.. NIK agree's  with me/i agree with him about the merging of ent+gaming...

apart from on one thing.. the only difference is the timing.. i want the wii/ps3 launches to happen before i merge them back

if entertainment were busier (which i'm surprised its not!)  gaming is busy enough to stand on its own..

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2006, 03:46:40 PM »
Go type football into Wikipedia and see what you get.
NO MORE WAR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 04:06:34 PM »
From Wikipedia:

This article deals with the history and development of various games known as "football" in different parts of the world. For links to articles on each of these codes of football, please see the list in the Football today section of this article. For information on the balls used in these games, see football (ball).

Football is the name given to a number of different, but related, team sports. The most popular of these worldwide is association football, which is also known as soccer. The English language word football is also applied to American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football and rugby football (rugby union and rugby league) and related games. All of these codes (specific sets of rules) are referred to as "football" by their followers

etc. etc. etc.

Football and Soccer. Best way to seperate the two...PeACe

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »
From Wikipedia:

This article deals with the history and development of various games known as "football" in different parts of the world. For links to articles on each of these codes of football, please see the list in the Football today section of this article. For information on the balls used in these games, see football (ball).

Football is the name given to a number of different, but related, team sports. The most popular of these worldwide is association football, which is also known as soccer. The English language word football is also applied to American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football and rugby football (rugby union and rugby league) and related games. All of these codes (specific sets of rules) are referred to as "football" by their followers

etc. etc. etc.

I can guarentee there will NEVER be a section or sub-section named Soccer.
NO MORE WAR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »
From Wikipedia:

etc. etc. etc.

I can guarentee there will NEVER be a section or sub-section named Soccer.

And if there's ever one named "football" dedicated soley to the sport of soccer, we're doomed.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »
And if there's ever one named "football" dedicated soley to the sport of soccer, we're doomed.

Maybe some would think so, but I know for a fact it would be called football.
NO MORE WAR

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

Tha G-Spot
Hit Tha G-Spot! Kick back, drop jokes, share pr0n and random stuff.. (Posts count 0 here)
Child Boards: I like big butts and I cannot lie!, Train of Thought

Entertainment
Entertainment goes here; movies, TV-shows, gaming, books, etc.

Sports
Discuss all kinds of sports in the sports section, decidated sub-sections for Basketball & Football
Child Boards: Basketball, Football

Looks good to me!

Yeah looks pretty good

I like this, minus the football, basketball subsections. I like ToT being in G-Spot, but if that never happens, fine, and after Christman, I imagion that video games will be merged with entertainment, because right now everyone is gearing up for the console wars part 3, (SNES vs. Genesis vs. Turbo Grafix 16 being part 1, and PS1 vs. N64 vs. Dreamcast being part 2) People are taking sides, and all hell will break loose, but after Christmas, I would imagion it will go to normal.

There are not too many Laker threads, that's like saying there are too many Game threads in the regular forum, or too many threads about George Bush in ToT. This is a westcoast board, and the Raiders, Angels, Dodgers and Lakers will see a lot of love, since they are the most popular teams in Cali. People outside of Cali, who like westcoast music also tend to root for westcoast teams. No one was complaining about the Dodger post during the summer, and Americans don't complain too much about soccer. So the Lakers should be left alone. I mean, regular games should be in the offical thread, and huge news should have a seperate thread.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »

Maybe some would think so, but I know for a fact it would be called football.

LOL. And you don't consider that a little bit retarded considering the fact that we're posting on a WEST COAST message board and everyone who grew up in the WEST COAST consider football and soccer two different sports?? I will never understand your moronic logic.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »
Football, soccer, futbol...is it really something to argue about?

Don Seer

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »
never soccer.. its either Football, or American Football. :P

i don't get what the problem is.. football without the "american" tag is the game where you use your FEET all the time.. american football is the ass backwards one where you use your HANDS and FEET.. but feet less)

what do people feel about...

G-Spot
   I Like big butts..
Entertainment & Gaming
  Train Of Thought
Sports

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 01:11:08 AM »

i don't get what the problem is.. football without the "american" tag is the game where you use your FEET all the time.. american football is the ass backwards one where you use your HANDS and FEET.. but feet less)

G-Spot
   I Like big butts..
Entertainment & Gaming
  Train Of Thought
Sports

Its a good idea to give sports its own section. But i dont think TOT fits in with entertainment & gaming.

Jome

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 06:21:37 AM »

G-Spot
   I Like big butts..
Entertainment & Gaming
  Train Of Thought
Sports

That's almost what I suggested, without the Sports sub-sections..  :laugh:
And ToT fits better under G-Spot than under Entertainment.