Author Topic: WII SHOOTER VIDEO (RED STEELE) looks great  (Read 316 times)

Don Seer

Re: WII SHOOTER VIDEO (RED STEELE) looks great
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 01:59:09 AM »
^ yeah lol.. i had some friends with a NES and we used to do that shit haha

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 02:07:42 AM »
i just found more info and footage for some of the wii play games..

noticed here t hat the nunchuck is not be part of the wii play package.. but the wii-mote is the expensive part anyways.. i'll still cop one to get a match set (mainly for wii-boxing lol).. so its basically £10 for the game on top of wii-mote price.. plus a nunchuck is another 15.. (i think)...

but since normal wii games prices have dropped from an expected £39 to £32 here in the last few weeks things may be cheaper still now.. since the news stories i'm getting this info from are from before those price drops.

confirmed. play.com has wii play at 32.99...

You may, or may not be aware, but at the launch of the Wii, you will be able to purchase a game called Wii Play. This is a compilation of games that comes bundled with a Wii-mote (no Nunchuk attachment mind). There aren't that many details available at the moment, but I thought I'd share what I know at this time.

The game is selling in the UK for £39.99, which isn't that bad consider the Wii-mote on it's own will retail at £29. Wii Play, however, does just appear to be a mix of tech demos created to show the Wii's capabilities (like Wii Sports).

The games are (video footage included where available):

Table Tennis
A simple table tennis game, the aim of which being to get the longest rally going.
Video http://youtube.com/watch?v=cEBHtomYNjI

Laser Hockey
A new take on air hockey, but the paddle is more versatile, and can be used to shape shots.
Video  http://youtube.com/watch?v=b214jcer2sA

Pose Mii
A puzzle game where you must pose your Mii character into set positions before they hit the bottom of the screen.
Video http://youtube.com/watch?v=D1zaGnDN9GE

Fishing Game
Hook the biggest fish for the most points - possibly in a Zelda-esque fashion.

Shooting Range
Shoot discs that appear on the screen, like Duck Hunt.
Video http://youtube.com/watch?v=a071KVO5HRA

Find Mii
You have to find particular Mii's, and pick them out from a crowd.

Billiards
A simple billiards game, using the Wii-mote as the cue.
Video

The games seem to be fun, but is it worth paying extra for? I know most people will buy a second Wii-mote, so it's a clever ploy to include this game to get a bit of extra revenue. The games do seem a bit gimmicky, and will they add much more to your Wii experience?

There are two more games yet to be unlocked, and one is rumoured to be a Mii Maze Game in which you control your Mii in a race to reach the centre of a maze, avoiding obstacles enroute.

more here too >> http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/733/733110p1.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:13:52 AM by Overseer »

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 02:15:28 AM »
table tennis looks funny.. more people crowd the longer you rally

personally i'm really looking forward to wii golf which comes with it anyways

i may get super pangya golf and tiger woods too...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 02:22:35 AM »
o.ok, but have you heard anything about marvel alliance? supposed to be something like Xmen Legends, but with the entire marvel universe. I also heard about the super smash brothers how they are just taking submissions from all the other companies, so like Sonic i htink is supposed to show up in it too.

I don't think the MArvel game wil be any good; any Marvel game since Activision took over the license has been :-\  apart from XMen Legends 2. Super Smash Bros is gonna be dope tho with Sonic and Snake from MGS.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 05:56:26 AM »
lol yea..anyone else use to put the gun right up to the tv screen and play it like that? lol those were the dayz

My brother used to do that and I used to get pissed and tell him he was cheating.  He was like 7 and I was like 8. 

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »
o.ok, but have you heard anything about marvel alliance? supposed to be something like Xmen Legends, but with the entire marvel universe. I also heard about the super smash brothers how they are just taking submissions from all the other companies, so like Sonic i htink is supposed to show up in it too.

I don't think the MArvel game wil be any good; any Marvel game since Activision took over the license has been :-\  apart from XMen Legends 2. Super Smash Bros is gonna be dope tho with Sonic and Snake from MGS.

You are talking about the marvel MMORPG. Thats gonna be crazy, sort of a World of warcraft but with the enire Marvel universe. Shit gonna be dope from what ive heard.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47:32 AM »
lol yea..anyone else use to put the gun right up to the tv screen and play it like that? lol those were the dayz

Hell yeah it was much easier that way lol. Yall remember that fucking dog, that dog used to get me so mad when he laughed at me. Duckhunt was the shit.